- Amazon is bringing palm-scanning payment system to Whole Foods storeson 21/04/2021 at 7:01 am
Previously, the technology was available only at a dozen of Amazon's physical stores.
- Biden's economic plans will help the U.S. compete with China, says former Treasury secretaryon 21/04/2021 at 6:59 am
Jacob Lew, Treasury secretary from 2013 to 2017, said China's Belt and Road Initiative gained traction as the U.S. under Trump retreated from the world stage.
- The EU's new sweeping rules for Big Tech could soon be reshaped and look differenton 21/04/2021 at 6:12 am
The European Union's expansive new rules to oversee the region's digital economy have left the industry with much to chew on.
- French cosmetics giant L'Oreal targets male beauty with push into new 'growth engine' marketon 21/04/2021 at 5:58 am
L'Oreal's new South Asia Pacific and Middle East market will account for majority of its new business in the coming decade, with men making up a big part of it.
- Bank of America says to buy these 5 global semiconductor stockson 21/04/2021 at 5:37 am
Bank of America has named several European chip stocks that it says investors should buy as the industry grapples with an ongoing global chip shortage.
- How climate change could be a risk to your savingson 21/04/2021 at 5:18 am
There are two main ways in how climate change is a problem from a financial point of view and both could cause you financial losses.
- Here are the 10 biggest economies in the world — before the pandemic vs. nowon 21/04/2021 at 2:21 am
The pandemic has shaken up the ranking of the world's largest economies after sending many countries into their worst economic recessions in recent history.
- China's Xi Jinping to speak at a U.S.-led climate summit on Thursdayon 21/04/2021 at 2:16 am
Chinese President Xi Jinping has accepted U.S. President Joe Biden's invitation to attend a climate summit this week, state media reported Wednesday.
- Goldman names its top global stock picks for the rest of the yearon 21/04/2021 at 1:00 am
Goldman also named "inexpensive" and "cheap" stocks that its analysts think will be market-beating.
- S&P 500 futures little changed in early morning trading, Netflix shares tankon 20/04/2021 at 10:09 pm
Wall Street suffered back-to-back losses as reopening plays led the market lower amid renewed concerns about rising new Covid cases globally.
- Regent is making a flying electric ferry with a top speed of 180 miles per houron 20/04/2021 at 10:02 pm
Boston start-up Regent is developing an "electric seaglider" that can fly at 180 miles per hour. Caffeinated Capital and Mark Cuban are among early investors.
- This week's market decline looks like a brief pause for now, analysts sayon 20/04/2021 at 9:19 pm
Stocks have entered a choppy period that technical analysts say has the look of a short-term pullback for now.
- Netflix's correction quarter: Streaming giant stumbles after benefiting from early pandemic surgeon 20/04/2021 at 9:19 pm
Netflix prepares for post-pandemic life with conservative second-quarter guidance of just 1 million adds, but longer-term trends remain bullish.
- Citigroup CEO Fraser says of moves to shrink retail banking footprint: ‘We want to be a winner’on 20/04/2021 at 8:38 pm
Last week, the bank said it was exiting retail banking in 13 countries outside the U.S., one of the first big strategic moves made by new CEO Jane Fraser.
- Peloton's clash with agency over treadmill safety threatens to tarnish brandon 20/04/2021 at 8:25 pm
A public dispute with a federal agency over safety concerns threatens to tarnish the community that Peloton has built.
- Explosive demand for vacation rentals has made property managers a hot commodityon 20/04/2021 at 8:20 pm
Vacasa, which helps hosts not only list but manage their rental homes, is thinking about becoming a publicly traded stock, multiple sources told CNBC.
- Former police officer Derek Chauvin found guilty of murder, manslaughter in the death of George Floydon 20/04/2021 at 7:36 pm
A jury found former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin guilty on all three charges stemming from the killing of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man.
- Netflix reports dramatic slowdown in subscriberson 20/04/2021 at 7:31 pm
Netflix reported earnings for the first quarter of 2021 after the bell on Tuesday.
- American Airlines to resume hiring pilots this fall as travel demand recoverson 20/04/2021 at 6:51 pm
American said it will join United Airlines in resuming pilot hiring this year.
- Apple will start enforcing the iPhone privacy change that Facebook is worried about next weekon 20/04/2021 at 6:39 pm
Apple said Tuesday it will roll out iOS 14.5 for the iPhone next week, including App Tracking Transparency, the privacy feature Facebook is worried about.