- CDC says 28 blood clot cases, 3 deaths may be linked to J&J Covid vaccineon 12/05/2021 at 9:01 pm
Women who were 30- to 39-years old accounted for the biggest risk group who developed rare blood clots following J&J's Covid vaccine.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after the bell: Bumble, Sonos, Vroom & moreon 12/05/2021 at 8:54 pm
These stocks posted the largest moves after the bell on Wednesday, May 12.
- GasBuddy tops Apple App store amid gas shortages from Colonial Pipeline shutdownon 12/05/2021 at 8:39 pm
The app's surge follows a cyberattack on Colonial Pipeline this week, which led to gas shortages and panic buying.
- Biden says expect good news in the next 24 hours on Colonial Pipelineon 12/05/2021 at 8:25 pm
President Joe Biden anticipates good news "in the next 24 hours" on the ongoing Colonial Pipeline cyber attack that has disabled fuel deliveries.
- Poshmark shares fall as secondhand retailer posts wider loss, forecasts weaker saleson 12/05/2021 at 8:01 pm
Poshmark shares tumbled after the secondhand retailer said its second-quarter sales will likely come in weaker than what it reported in the prior quarter.
- Hacker group behind Colonial Pipeline attack claims it has three new victimson 12/05/2021 at 7:41 pm
The hacker group DarkSide, which was behind the ransomware attack on Colonial Pipeline, claimed on Wednesday to have attacked three more companies.
- CDC panel endorses Pfizer's Covid vaccine for use in teens, clearing way for shots to begin Thursdayon 12/05/2021 at 7:10 pm
The endorsement now awaits final approval by CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, which is expected imminently.
- April's inflation surge wasn't as drastic as it looked, but the real test is still aheadon 12/05/2021 at 7:01 pm
There was probably less than met the eye from the startling inflation pop in April.
- Gas outages hitting Southeast are getting worse amid panic buyingon 12/05/2021 at 6:41 pm
Fuel stations are running dry across the Southeast as panicked consumers rush to the pump to fill up their tanks.
- Hertz shares surge by more than 50% after selecting $6 billion turnaround bidon 12/05/2021 at 6:34 pm
Shares of Hertz skyrocketed by as much as 68% after it selected a $6 billion turnaround bid that provides a rare payout to shareholders.
- David Einhorn makes a case for copper to ride renewable energy trend, recommends two miner stockson 12/05/2021 at 6:22 pm
Einhorn said the obvious way to play the rise in copper is through mining companies.
- Some employees say no amount of precautions will make the workplace feel safe, survey sayson 12/05/2021 at 5:58 pm
The survey's findings point to many Americans' lingering anxieties about the Covid pandemic and challenges employers may face as they try to hire workers.
- New York jet fuel gets pricier as Colonial Pipeline outage continueson 12/05/2021 at 5:34 pm
U.S. jet fuel prices have climbed to the highest levels in 16 months, especially on the East Coast.
- JPMorgan’s Kolanovic says the market is now ‘getting cheap,’ favors economic recovery stockson 12/05/2021 at 5:32 pm
"I think we're at the end of this upset. I think market is going to go higher here," JPMorgan's Marko Kolanovic told CNBC Wednesday.
- Prices are going to go up — here’s what inflation means to you and what you can do about iton 12/05/2021 at 4:42 pm
As the economy picks up in the wake of the pandemic, so will inflation. Here's how to prepare for rising costs.
- U.S. vaccination pace improves, averaging 2.2 million shots per day with an increase in first doseson 12/05/2021 at 4:07 pm
The U.S. is reporting 2.2 million vaccinations per day in the past week, up slightly from the most recent low point on Saturday when it dipped below 2 million.
- Investors are worried about inflation data, but economists see it as a sign of temporary growthon 12/05/2021 at 4:02 pm
The recent pickup in inflation may, in fact, be a temporary — and welcome — change for those who fear a slowdown in U.S. GDP.
- Inflation spooks stocks and raises fear the Fed is wrong that the price spike is temporaryon 12/05/2021 at 3:58 pm
Markets were braced for a hot consumer inflation report, but nowhere near the 4.2% headline increase reported for April.
- Cathie Wood's space exploration ETF sells almost all of its Virgin Galactic stockon 12/05/2021 at 3:45 pm
Virgin Galactic shares fell in trading Wednesday after Ark Invest's space exploration ETF sold nearly all of its remaining stake in the space tourism company.
- These stocks thrived during past inflationary periods and are primed to do so againon 12/05/2021 at 3:17 pm
CNBC PRO searched and found the stocks that beat the market during those two inflationary periods.