- Jordan Alexander Stars in the New Holt Renfrew Campaign + More Canadian Fashion Newsby Jennifer Berry on 05/03/2021 at 10:18 pm
From a modelling turn by one of the stars of the Gossip Girl reboot to a sustainable collection made entirely of upcycled and recycled materials, catch up on the Canadian fashion news you might have missed. Gossip Girl’s Jordan Alexander stars in Holt Renfrew’s Spring 2021 campaign It’s shaping up to be a big year The post Jordan Alexander Stars in the New Holt Renfrew Campaign + More Canadian Fashion News appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Ruth E. Carter Talks About the Inspiration Behind Coming 2 America’s Costume Designby Odessa Paloma Parker on 05/03/2021 at 8:48 pm
After receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame just last week, costume designer Ruth E. Carter has yet another reason to celebrate with the release of Coming 2 America on Amazon today. Carter, who’s also the first Black woman to win an Oscar in the costume design category for Black Panther, was brought The post Ruth E. Carter Talks About the Inspiration Behind <em>Coming 2 America</em>’s Costume Design appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 16 Brands to Shop in Support of International Women’s Day 2021by Meaghan Wray on 05/03/2021 at 6:18 pm
International Women’s Day is almost here and with it comes a feel-good reason to get yourself some new clothes and accessories. In honour of IWD, brands from Roots Canada and Aritzia to Canadian designers like Hilary MacMillan are giving back with International Women’s Day products that give back to causes supporting women and girls. Get The post 16 Brands to Shop in Support of International Women’s Day 2021 appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- My Story: Legendary Makeup Artist Danessa Myricks on Authentic Diversity Within the Beauty Industryby Souzan Michael Galway on 05/03/2021 at 5:30 pm
Self-taught makeup artist, photographer and entrepreneur Danessa Myricks has never been one to chase trends. Following an abrupt career change in her thirties which led her to makeup artistry, Myricks has paved her own way in the industry — and it’s paid off. After years of consulting and working in product development, creating some of The post My Story: Legendary Makeup Artist Danessa Myricks on Authentic Diversity Within the Beauty Industry appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Megan Thee Stallion Stars in Calvin Klein’s Spring Campaignby Meaghan Wray on 04/03/2021 at 9:17 pm
Hot girl summer, meet hot girl spring. Megan Thee Stallion is the new face of Calvin Klein’s spring campaign, alongside Euphoria star Jacob Elordi, A Star Is Born actor Anthony Ramos and more. The black and white “Blank Canvas” campaign features items from Calvin Klein’s newest drops including gender-neutral loungewear, denim and intimates. In one The post Megan Thee Stallion Stars in Calvin Klein’s Spring Campaign appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Texture Talk: Tyrone Edwards on the Powerful Relationship He Has With His Signature Locsby Natasha Bruno on 04/03/2021 at 8:37 pm
There are many things to love about about Canadian television broadcaster and etalk co-anchor Tyrone Edwards, from his magnetic ability to ease celebrities into candid conversations to his drive for speaking out publicly on behalf of the Black community. But one thing you simply can’t miss are the incredible dreadlocks (commonly referred to as locs) The post Texture Talk: Tyrone Edwards on the Powerful Relationship He Has With His Signature Locs appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Winnie Harlow Joins Making the Cut As a Judgeby Meaghan Wray on 03/03/2021 at 6:16 pm
Supermodel, self-esteem advocate and FASHION‘s November 2020 cover star, Winnie Harlow, is adding yet another title to her bio: judge on the fashion design competition Making the Cut. In the second season of Making the Cut, hosted by Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum, the hosts and guest judges finds themselves in Los Angeles with a The post Winnie Harlow Joins <i>Making the Cut</i> As a Judge appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Canadian Singer Tate McRae Is an Old Soulby Meaghan Wray on 03/03/2021 at 5:30 pm
Tate McRae isn’t new to the spotlight. At just 12 years old, the Calgary native was a finalist on the TV dance competition, So You Think You Can Dance. A music aficionado, McRae took her singing talent to YouTube shortly after that, sharing original songs and covers that quickly gained popularity on the platform. Four The post Canadian Singer Tate McRae Is an Old Soul appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 10 Wardrobe Must-Haves We Can’t Get Enough of This Springby D'Loraine Miranda on 03/03/2021 at 3:40 pm
Spring is fast approaching, and it seems we’re finally beginning to see the light at the end of the pandemic tunnel. That said, it would probably be a good idea to revisit your wardrobe sometime soon, especially if you’ve been spending every waking hour of the last 12 months donning the same old pair of The post 10 Wardrobe Must-Haves We Can’t Get Enough of This Spring appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Stranger Things’ Sadie Sink on the Power of Makeup, Quarantine Hobbies + Moreby Souzan Michael Galway on 02/03/2021 at 8:00 pm
Sadie Sink began her career as a child actor — though you’d never know it. Elegant and refined, and with the poise of a Hollywood veteran with decades of experience under their belt, the now-18-year-old actress is best-known for her role as Max in the Netflix hit (an understatement, to say the least), Stranger Things. The post <em>Stranger Things</em>’ Sadie Sink on the Power of Makeup, Quarantine Hobbies + More appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Jane Fonda Rewore An Old Outfit To the 2021 Golden Globesby Patricia Karounos on 01/03/2021 at 9:27 pm
Last night’s Golden Globes may have essentially amounted to a three-hour Zoom call, but the WFH-ness of it all didn’t stop the celeb guests from going full glam. And while last year’s ceremony was a bit more focused on climate change (the 2020 Golden Globes took place while the devastating wildfires raged in Australia, prompting The post Jane Fonda Rewore An Old Outfit To the 2021 Golden Globes appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 7 Show-Stopping 2021 Golden Globes Beauty Looks We Can’t Stop Thinking Aboutby Souzan Michael Galway on 01/03/2021 at 5:29 pm
Awards season is officially upon us, and while this year’s events look different than the usual weekend-after-weekend red carpet extravaganzas we may be used to, we have to give it to the stars — and their glam teams, of course — for still pulling out all the stops when it comes to beauty looks. Whether The post 7 Show-Stopping 2021 Golden Globes Beauty Looks We Can’t Stop Thinking About appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- The Best Red Carpet Looks from the 2021 Golden Globesby Jennifer Berry on 01/03/2021 at 4:07 am
At the 2020 Golden Globes, Hollywood’s elite congregated under one roof without a mask in sight. Just weeks before the COVID-19 pandemic forced stay-at-home orders and widespread lockdowns, celebrities sashayed down the red carpet, swapped air kisses and toasted Champagne flutes at the traditionally raucous awards show. 2021 looks a little different — a limited The post The Best Red Carpet Looks from the 2021 Golden Globes appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Glow Recipe Enters the Body Care Category + Other Beauty News This Weekby Souzan Michael Galway on 27/02/2021 at 2:20 pm
Glow Recipe launched its first-ever body product View this post on Instagram A post shared by Glow Recipe (@glowrecipe) If you’re a fan of cult favourite skincare brand Glow Recipe‘s previous watermelon-scented products (a sleeping mask, toner and, of course, the moisturizer that started it all) then you’re in luck. This week, the The post Glow Recipe Enters the Body Care Category + Other Beauty News This Week appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Kim Jones Debuts His First RTW Collection at Fendi + More Fashion News You May Have Missedby Eliza Grossman on 27/02/2021 at 2:00 pm
Kim Jones' first RTW collection has the fashion world buzzing and Miuccia Prada and Raf Simons give us something to smile about next Fall. The post Kim Jones Debuts His First RTW Collection at Fendi + More Fashion News You May Have Missed appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- The Second Co. Drops Apparel Next Week + More Canadian Fashion News To Knowby Odessa Paloma Parker on 26/02/2021 at 9:52 pm
From a fresh selection of lounge apparel by The Second Co. to SophieGrace’s RBG tee, catch up on the Canadian fashion news you might have missed. Toronto’s The Second Co. introduces apparel next week After launching last May with a range of timepieces inspired by a desire to create what she couldn’t find on the The post The Second Co. Drops Apparel Next Week + More Canadian Fashion News To Know appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Goodee’s Byron and Dexter Peart on Curation, Conversation and Connectionby Odessa Paloma Parker on 26/02/2021 at 7:10 pm
In addition to winning a Black Designers Award of Excellence this week, in the last month Byron and Dexter Peart — founders of the mindfully-curated, B Corp certified marketplace Goodee — have seen two of their ambitions also come to fruition. There’s the launch of Goodee’s new content series, “In Conversation With” (the first edition The post Goodee’s Byron and Dexter Peart on Curation, Conversation and Connection appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Prince Harry Shared How He Really Feels About The Crown to James Cordenby Patricia Karounos on 26/02/2021 at 5:54 pm
Prince Harry has made his American late-night TV debut. The Duke of Sussex joined fellow Brit James Corden on The Late Late Show for a hilarious 17-minute long segment that aired February 25. During the interview, the host showed a relaxed Harry around L.A. from the top of an open-air double-decker bus — the royal’s first time The post Prince Harry Shared How He Really Feels About <em>The Crown</em> to James Corden appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- #SheEarnedIt: An International Women’s Day Conversation Presented by FASHION and TikTokby FASHION staff on 26/02/2021 at 5:15 pm
Join us at #SheEarnedIt: A Conversation Presented by FASHION x TikTok on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. ET. We will celebrate International Women’s Day with a panel of inspiring TikTok creators and entrepreneurs. Listen in on an exclusive conversation with host Jennifer Berry, FASHION’s digital director, and these Canadian small business owners as we chat about what it means The post #SheEarnedIt: An International Women’s Day Conversation Presented by <em>FASHION</em> and TikTok appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Artist and Musician TiKA on Ego, Music and Identityby Souzan Michael Galway on 26/02/2021 at 5:00 pm
Five years ago, multidisciplinary artist TiKA began recording a debut full-length album and quickly became a beloved voice in the Canadian music industry, thanks to a series of critically acclaimed R&B singles that she released as fans patiently awaited her album Anywhere But Here. In that time, TiKA snagged a spot in a couple of The post Artist and Musician TiKA on Ego, Music and Identity appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Billie Eilish Is in a Tug of War With Fame in Her New Documentaryby Meaghan Wray on 26/02/2021 at 2:19 pm
At just 13 years old, Billie Eilish recorded what went on to be her first big hit, “Ocean Eyes,” in her parents’ garage in Los Angeles. That’s where AppleTV+’s Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry (out February 26) begins — clips of home video with her now-producer brother Finneas O’Connell right before their worlds The post Billie Eilish Is in a Tug of War With Fame in Her New Documentary appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Becca Cosmetics Is Closing Due To COVID-19 Lossesby Meaghan Wray on 25/02/2021 at 7:10 pm
Becca Cosmetics, the brand responsible for see-them-from-space highlighted cheekbones, is the latest company to be hit hard by COVID-19. On February 24, the influential beauty brand announced it would be closing come September 2021. With a statement shared on Instagram and its website titled “Glowing with Gratitude,” the brand lamented the devastating impact the pandemic The post Becca Cosmetics Is Closing Due To COVID-19 Losses appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Texture Talk: 3 Fashion Week Pros on the Importance of Industry-Wide Textured Hair Educationby Natasha Bruno on 25/02/2021 at 6:22 pm
For the past handful of years, there has been a steady emergence of natural hair on designer runways, red carpets, in campaigns, and on TV — and that’s a very beautiful thing. In a world where, for so long, Eurocentric hairstyles, from straight and sleek to loose, styled curls, dominated the public spotlight, seeing natural The post Texture Talk: 3 Fashion Week Pros on the Importance of Industry-Wide Textured Hair Education appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 100 Black Canadian Designers Honoured With an Award of Excellenceby Meaghan Wray on 25/02/2021 at 4:30 pm
This article was originally published on February 10, 2021. Update: On February 24, 100 Black Canadian designers were honoured with the Black Designers Award of Excellence. Among the recipients is Brother Vellies, an accessories brand founded by 15 Percent Pledge trailblazer Aurora James that features handcrafted shoes and handbags from Ethiopia, Kenya, Morocco and South The post 100 Black Canadian Designers Honoured With an Award of Excellence appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Put Your Best Foot Forward With These Shoe Launchesby Odessa Paloma Parker on 24/02/2021 at 6:37 pm
Ready to get a leg up on your look? February has presented a wealth of new footwear options from the first sneaker offering by Toronto-based brand Zvelle to Native’s “algae-infused” shoes. Plus, you can currently pre-order the Fall 2021 boot collaboration between Anna Sui and Vancouver’s John Fluevog. There’s never been a better time to The post Put Your Best Foot Forward With These Shoe Launches appeared first on FASHION Magazine.