- Kim Kardashian’s Skims Is Going to the Olympics + Other Fashion News You Might Have Missedby Annika Lautens on 02/07/2021 at 1:05 pm
This week’s fashion news is as Y2K as it gets. With the Tokyo Olympics less than three weeks away, Kim Kardashian announced that her intimates line Skims will be the official underwear provider for Team USA. Meanwhile, Gap is embracing an early 2000s aesthetic and re-releasing its vintage brown hoodie after it went viral on The post Kim Kardashian’s Skims Is Going to the Olympics + Other Fashion News You Might Have Missed appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Why People Are Wearing Orange Instead of Red And White This Canada Dayby Natalie Michie on 30/06/2021 at 10:44 pm
Content warning: This story discusses residential schools and violence against Indigenous people. Canada’s Residential School Survivors and Family Crisis Line is available 24 hours a day at 1-866-925-4419. In light of the ongoing discoveries of Indigenous children’s unmarked graves in Canadian cities including Kamloops and Cranbrook, calls on social media to boycott Canada Day are The post Why People Are Wearing Orange Instead of Red And White This Canada Day appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Jovian Perfumer David Bernstein on Busting Perfume’s Gender Binaryby Russ Martin on 30/06/2021 at 6:58 pm
When the world ground to a halt in the spring of 2020, writer, director and dramaturg David Bernstein was faced with a stark new reality: he was a theatre-maker in a world without any theatres. As others in the theatre industry were contemplating virtual performances and digital media, Bernstein began to explore another of his The post Jovian Perfumer David Bernstein on Busting Perfume’s Gender Binary appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Stranger Things Star Millie Bobby Brown’s Latest Collab Is All About Personal Styleby Melissa Perdigao on 30/06/2021 at 3:00 pm
Millie Bobby Brown likes to keep busy. Between serving up major style inspo for her 42 million followers on Instagram, the two-time Emmy-nominated actor, beauty entrepreneur (see: Florence by Mills), and youngest-ever Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF is constantly evolving in her roles. Now, she can tack jewellery curator onto that list. The Gen Z star, The post <em>Stranger Things</em> Star Millie Bobby Brown’s Latest Collab Is All About Personal Style appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Toronto-Based Beauty Artist Robert Weir on What Pride Past, Present and Future Mean to Himby Odessa Paloma Parker on 30/06/2021 at 1:48 pm
Hailing from the suburbs of Toronto meant Robert Weir largely didn’t feel at home in his life. “It was a time when just being yourself was dangerous,” the creative recalls. “If you walked down the street looking ‘effeminate,’ that was enough to get your ass kicked.” Despite the situational strife — and with the acknowledgement The post Toronto-Based Beauty Artist Robert Weir on What Pride Past, Present and Future Mean to Him appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- How To Show Your Allyship and Support for LGBTQ+ Communities During Pride Month — and Beyondby Russ Martin on 29/06/2021 at 10:31 pm
Pride Month is coming to a close, but allyship and support for LGBTQ+ communities is needed all year round. Below you’ll find all sorts of ways you can continue the support you cultivated throughout Pride Month, from shopping and making donations to watching TV (seriously). Donate directly to queer folks One of the best things The post How To Show Your Allyship and Support for LGBTQ+ Communities During Pride Month — and Beyond appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Scarlett Johansson Joins Growing List Of Celebs With Their Own Beauty Brandsby Natalie Michie on 29/06/2021 at 9:51 pm
Despite the unpredictable nature of our turbulent world, one thing we can always count on are celebrity beauty brands — they just keep coming! The newest addition to the extensive list of celebs-turned-beauty-CEOs is none other than Scarlett Johansson. As reported by WWD, the Marvel star secured funding for her brand from the Najafi Companies, The post Scarlett Johansson Joins Growing List Of Celebs With Their Own Beauty Brands appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Jamie Lynn Spears Has Broken Her Silence on Britney Spears’s Conservatorshipby Natalie Michie on 29/06/2021 at 7:52 pm
As #FreeBritney continues to dominate social media amid horrifying new details about Britney Spears’s ongoing conservatorship, her sister Jamie Lynn Spears is finally speaking out. The actor, 30, took to Instagram on June 28 to weigh in after Britney’s viral day in court last week where she opened up about the harm the conservatorship has The post Jamie Lynn Spears Has Broken Her Silence on Britney Spears’s Conservatorship appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- We Spoke to Hairstylists About Gender-Neutral Haircare and the Products They Loveby Souzan Michael Galway on 29/06/2021 at 6:20 pm
“Hair has never had a gender,” says hairstylist James Pecis. The stylist and Oribe global ambassador, who can be found backstage at fashion week and on set for editorial photoshoots, would certainly know. He’s worked his gender-neutral haircare magic on the likes of Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Cindy Crawford, David Beckham, Kendall Jenner, Alexander McQueen The post We Spoke to Hairstylists About Gender-Neutral Haircare and the Products They Love appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Carmen Carrera on Life After RuPaul’s Drag Race and Being a Trans Activistby Emily MacCulloch on 28/06/2021 at 5:20 pm
If you watched the third season of RuPaul’s Drag Race (which aired back in 2011), we bet it was instantly obvious that Carmen Carrera was a star. After the show aired, Carrera came out as transgender and began her transition in the public eye. That was just the beginning for the multi-hyphenate performer and activist, The post Carmen Carrera on Life After <em>RuPaul’s Drag Race</em> and Being a Trans Activist appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Zendaya Pays Tribute to Beyoncé at the BET Awardsby Jennifer Berry on 28/06/2021 at 4:25 pm
Cue the wind machine — Zendaya is back with another jaw-dropping celebrity fashion tribute, this time to none other than Beyoncé. Two months after channelling Cher in highlighter yellow Valentino at the 2021 Oscars, the Euphoria star turned it out at the 2021 BET Awards in Los Angeles with an epic nod to Ms. Knowles. The post Zendaya Pays Tribute to Beyoncé at the BET Awards appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- The Kidswear Market Is Booming — Here’s What You Need To Knowby Odessa Paloma Parker on 28/06/2021 at 2:13 pm
Inclusivity is one of the biggest buzz words in the fashion world of late — even this very magazine has the mandate of #FASHIONforall. And there’s a growing number of designers, including recent winner of the Canadian Arts & Fashion Award for International Canadian Designer Award Tanya Taylor, Rejina Pyo, and a wealth of creatives The post The Kidswear Market Is Booming — Here’s What You Need To Know appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Merit’s New Baseball Cap Will Be Your Summer Must-Have + More Beauty Newsby Souzan Michael Galway on 26/06/2021 at 1:46 pm
Pacifica’s Vegan Collagen Fluffy Lash Mascara is officially available in stores View this post on Instagram A post shared by Pacifica Beauty (@pacificabeauty) Launched earlier this week at Shoppers Drug Mart locations across Canada, Pacifica’s new Vegan Collagen Mascara is a must-try if you’re serious about long, lush lashes. The clean beauty brand’s The post Merit’s New Baseball Cap Will Be Your Summer Must-Have + More Beauty News appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Dior Reveals a Collection Co-Created by Travis Scott + Other Fashion News You Might Have Missedby Odessa Paloma Parker on 26/06/2021 at 1:00 pm
With the men’s shows in Paris in full swing, Dior dropped a surprise collaborative effort with musician and mogul Travis Scott. This, plus the new sustainability efforts heralded by Holt Renfrew, kick off the fashion news you need to know right now. Travis Scott co-created the Dior Spring 2022 menswear collection In a runway presentation The post Dior Reveals a Collection Co-Created by Travis Scott + Other Fashion News You Might Have Missed appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 40 Queer Folks and Allies Share Their Memories From Pride Toronto’s First 40 Yearsby Russ Martin on 25/06/2021 at 5:24 pm
Toronto Pride 2021 marks 40 years since Toronto’s first Gay Pride Week. Over four decades, what started as a series of small marches and picnics has turned into a behemoth festival that spans an entire month. In 2019, 1.9 million people attended Pride Month events during the organization’s last non-digital festival. Always a mix of The post 40 Queer Folks and Allies Share Their Memories From Pride Toronto’s First 40 Years appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- How Boy George Shaped My Style — and Sense of Selfby Odessa Paloma Parker on 25/06/2021 at 2:51 pm
You could say I was boy crazy when I was young. I’d toddle around the house, as my father recalls, constantly demanding “George! George! Play George, daddy, play George!” From the tender age of one — when repetition is de rigueur for a child’s development, so I’ve read — I had eyes and ears for The post How Boy George Shaped My Style — and Sense of Self appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- The Cardigan Is Your Summer Wardrobe Heroby Sarah Mariotti on 25/06/2021 at 2:21 pm
Summer cardigans aren’t exactly a new concept. The lightweight, open-front knit has been completing outfits for decades, and has been donned by style heroes ranging from the late Princess Diana to Rihanna. And it makes sense. The summer cardi is nothing if not versatile, allowing you to withstand any scenario that the warmer months may The post The Cardigan Is Your Summer Wardrobe Hero appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Texture Talk: Influencer Maraisa Fidelis on Hair Discrimination and Beauty Standards in Brazilby Souzan Michael Galway on 24/06/2021 at 4:26 pm
Earlier this spring, Dove held a virtual summit called Behind The Filter, part of the brand’s groundbreaking Self-Esteem Project, which included panel discussions featuring makeup artists, TV hosts and more — and of course, an eye-opening conversation about social media and filters with the one and only Lizzo. During the event, we were particularly captivated The post Texture Talk: Influencer Maraisa Fidelis on Hair Discrimination and Beauty Standards in Brazil appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 8 Summer Candles That Will Transport You to the Beach, the Farmer’s Market and Moreby Natalie Michie on 24/06/2021 at 3:51 pm
With summer in full swing, now is a great time to brighten your indoor space with the addition of some lively outdoor aromas. While you may not be able to take off on vacation this year, you can certainly enjoy the luxury that is being in a beautifully scented oasis. Be transported to a cozy The post 8 Summer Candles That Will Transport You to the Beach, the Farmer’s Market and More appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Britney Spears Asks the Court to End Her 13-Year Conservatorshipby Natalie Michie on 24/06/2021 at 3:00 pm
This article was originally published on June 23, 2021. Update: In the late afternoon of June 23, Britney Spears appeared virtually in Los Angeles Court in a rare public court appearance to speak about her 13-year conservatorship. The reality of what she has been living through — described in her own words — is nothing The post Britney Spears Asks the Court to End Her 13-Year Conservatorship appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Miss Moço on Returning to IRL Drag for Pride and Educating the Next Genby Odessa Paloma Parker on 23/06/2021 at 8:38 pm
When Toronto-based drag queen Miss Moço appears at the PlayDate Pride event (with food and drink included with your ticket) on June 27, she’ll be hitting the stage with other reigning stars such as Jada Hudson, Kiara, Juice Boxx, Steak and Manny Dingo; the event will be hosted by Tiffany Boxx. For these fierce faces, The post Miss Moço on Returning to IRL Drag for Pride and Educating the Next Gen appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Dan Levy Opens Paris Fashion Week With a Monologue About the Evolution of Menswearby Natalie Michie on 23/06/2021 at 6:54 pm
Canadian actor and writer Dan Levy opened Paris Fashion Week Menswear Spring/Summer 2022 with a thoughtful speech on what fashion means to him. Levy sported a floral Valentino button-up shirt to record the monologue which was published on the official Paris Fashion Week website. From his home in Los Angeles, the actor best known for The post Dan Levy Opens Paris Fashion Week With a Monologue About the Evolution of Menswear appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- The Birds Papaya and Knix Are Back With Their Second Limited-Edition Papaya Boxby Natalie Michie on 23/06/2021 at 3:16 pm
The wait is officially over — Canadian intimates brand Knix is collaborating with Sarah Landry of The Birds Papaya on a second highly coveted Papaya Box. The box, which will be launching on June 23 at 12 p.m. EST, is a limited-edition bundle of wardrobe-essentials. What exactly is included in the second edition of The The post The Birds Papaya and Knix Are Back With Their Second Limited-Edition Papaya Box appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Hair and Identity: From Expression to Acceptanceby OGX on 23/06/2021 at 1:00 pm
A deeper look into the relationship between hair and self through the eyes of three creatives from the LGBTQ2S+ community The post Hair and Identity: From Expression to Acceptance appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Justin and Hailey Bieber Are Hitting the Streets of Paris in Styleby Natalie Michie on 22/06/2021 at 6:14 pm
Whether it’s the world-class pastries, historic architecture or language of love, Paris is a city that exudes romance. It’s also a fashion capital of the world, so it just makes sense that this is the destination married couple Justin and Hailey Bieber chose for their stylish summer getaway. The pair, who have been wed for The post Justin and Hailey Bieber Are Hitting the Streets of Paris in Style appeared first on FASHION Magazine.