- British Fashion Designer Zandra Rhodes on Her Love of Colour and All Things Pinkby Natasha Bruno on 25/03/2021 at 5:21 pm
British textile and fashion designer Zandra Rhodes is celebrated for her artistic prints, electric hues and floating chiffon designs that span her career of over 50 years, and her name is etched in fashion history. The same could very well be said about her neon-pink bob and rainbow-hued makeup — two longtime signatures that make The post British Fashion Designer Zandra Rhodes on Her Love of Colour and All Things Pink appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Texture Talk: How to Revive Your Hair After Experimenting With DIYs During Quarantineby Hannah Wondmeneh on 25/03/2021 at 5:00 pm
Whether you’ve used quarantine as an opportunity to dive head-first into self-care, or you’ve struggled to maintain a routines through the anxieties and uncertainties of this “unprecedented time,” one of the routines we all may have lost sight of this past year is natural haircare and maintenance. Without regular access to a salon, maintaining your The post Texture Talk: How to Revive Your Hair After Experimenting With DIYs During Quarantine appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- London-based Designer Rejina Pyo on Sustainability and Unisex Styleby Odessa Paloma Parker on 25/03/2021 at 4:26 pm
Since launching her line in 2014, London-based designer Rejina Pyo has become a favourite on the city’s fashion week calendar and a beloved presence in the wardrobes of the world’s savviest style mavens. We caught up with her for FASHION’s April issue to talk about how she became interested in design, her brand’s approach to The post London-based Designer Rejina Pyo on Sustainability and Unisex Style appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Aurora James On the 15 Percent Pledge, Almost One Year Laterby Jennifer Berry on 24/03/2021 at 5:22 pm
It’s been nearly a year since Aurora James, the Canadian-born creative director and founder of Brother Vellies and activist added another significant title to her resume — founder of the 15 Percent Pledge. Started in May 2020 “in direct response to the murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor” at the hands of law enforcement, The post Aurora James On the 15 Percent Pledge, Almost One Year Later appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Celeb Facialist Joanna Czech on Her Needle-Free Approach to Halting Wrinklesby Natasha Bruno on 24/03/2021 at 3:34 pm
“I love and believe in fashion trends; I don’t believe in skincare trends,” states celebrity facialist Joanna Czech. “Messing up your skin because everybody else is putting golden sparkles or whatever on their face doesn’t work for me. I believe in science.” Over her decades-long career as an aesthetician with an incredible zeal for human The post Celeb Facialist Joanna Czech on Her Needle-Free Approach to Halting Wrinkles appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Chrissy Teigen Has a Surprising New Business Venture—and Partnerby Patricia Karounos on 23/03/2021 at 5:25 pm
Chrissy Teigen and Kris Jenner want to help keep your home clean. The cookbook author and Kardashian-Jenner matriarch have teamed up for a new line of plant-powered cleaning and self-care products called Safely, People revealed yesterday. Starting at $6 USD, the collection includes a range of gentle products like glass cleaner, hand sanitizer, hand soap The post Chrissy Teigen Has a Surprising New Business Venture—and Partner appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Apricotton Founders Talk Taking the Trouble Out of the Tween Bra Shopping Experienceby Odessa Paloma Parker on 22/03/2021 at 8:50 pm
For many young female-identifying shoppers, the experience of buying a first bra is daunting. Not only is it an unfamiliar product category to explore, but the messaging around such items — either hyper-sexualized à la Victoria’s Secret, or woefully juvenile — can be a turn-off to anyone who already feels caught between the identities of The post Apricotton Founders Talk Taking the Trouble Out of the Tween Bra Shopping Experience appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Sandra Oh Gave An Impassioned Speech at a Stop Asian Hate Protestby Patricia Karounos on 22/03/2021 at 5:30 pm
“I am proud to be Asian. I belong here.” Those were the words Sandra Oh chanted during a surprise appearance at a Stop Asian Hate protest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on March 20. The Korean-Canadian actress spoke to the crowd at the rally, giving an impassioned speech about supporting Asian Americans. The event was held in The post Sandra Oh Gave An Impassioned Speech at a Stop Asian Hate Protest appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 13 Gifts for the Fearless Aries in Your Lifeby Eliza Grossman on 22/03/2021 at 4:33 pm
Our favourite gifts for aries that will put them in the spotlight. Show this star sign you care by highlighting their bold nature and adventurous side. The post 13 Gifts for the Fearless Aries in Your Life appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- What’s the Difference Between Maskne and Maskitis?by Souzan Michael Galway on 22/03/2021 at 4:11 pm
If we’d told you a year ago that the word maskne would soon become a regular part of your skincare vocabulary, you probably wouldn’t have believed us. But as it turns out, a staggering 12 months later, the very 2020 skincare condition remains a common concern for many of us. Now that face masks have The post What’s the Difference Between Maskne and Maskitis? appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Dyson & Mane Addicts Team Up to Support Salon Heroes + More Beauty News This Weekby Souzan Michael Galway on 20/03/2021 at 1:30 pm
Diptyque’s latest fragrance is here View this post on Instagram A post shared by diptyque (@diptyque) Meet Orphéon, the latest fragrance release from Diptyque. Launched on March 15, the eau de parfum is inspired by jazz clubs in Paris in the early 1960s. Notes of juniper berry, cedar, tonka bean and jasmine come The post Dyson & Mane Addicts Team Up to Support Salon Heroes + More Beauty News This Week appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Sandy Leong Collaborates with Gemfields + Other Fashion News To Know This Weekby Odessa Paloma Parker on 20/03/2021 at 1:00 pm
With Earth Month on its way, there are several mindfully made collections to know right now including a new collaboration between sustainability-focused jewellery designer Sandy Leong and Gemfields. Read on to get the goods on what’s new in the world of fashion. Sandy Leong and Gemfields introduce the Sol collection With nearly ten years behind The post Sandy Leong Collaborates with Gemfields + Other Fashion News To Know This Week appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Kaitlyn Bristowe Wants You to Chill About Body Odourby Jennifer Berry on 18/03/2021 at 10:42 pm
Kaitlyn Bristowe knows what it’s like to be in situations that would make anyone sweat. Take competing in the finale of Dancing with the Stars with some 60 million people watching (she won the mirrorball trophy, by the way) or dating a couple dozen men on national television as you search for a potential life The post Kaitlyn Bristowe Wants You to Chill About Body Odour appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Can You Buy Your Way to Better Sleep?by Meghan McKenna on 18/03/2021 at 3:30 pm
If the answer is yes, these are the gadgets that can make it happen. The post Can You Buy Your Way to Better Sleep? appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- The Best Styling Products for Wavy Hair and Type 2 Curlsby Souzan Michael Galway on 18/03/2021 at 2:00 pm
Must of us know that curly and wavy hair can be on the drier side because the oils that are naturally produced by the scalp can’t travel down the hair shaft and nourish the hair as easily as they can with straight hair. Because of this, products for wavy hair need to be hydrating in The post The Best Styling Products for Wavy Hair and Type 2 Curls appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Peloton and Adidas Team Up for a New Clothing Collectionby Patricia Karounos on 18/03/2021 at 12:30 pm
Ask any of Peloton’s enthusiastic followers and they’ll tell you that the fitness brand is much more than just intense spin classes, it’s a lifestyle. For Cody Rigsby — the brand’s director of cycling and a fan favourite instructor known for his fun, nostalgia-fuelled classes — it’s about a community of people being their most The post Peloton and Adidas Team Up for a New Clothing Collection appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- For Helen Mirren, Feeling Beautiful Is All About Swaggerby Jennifer Berry on 17/03/2021 at 5:06 pm
When I “meet” Dame Helen Mirren over Zoom, my nerves — she’s practically royalty, not to mention a bona fide screen legend and norm-defying badass, after all — are immediately calmed when we both realize we’ve chosen a headband and statement earrings for our from-the-collarbone-up look of the day. Twinning with an icon? Not a The post For Helen Mirren, Feeling Beautiful Is All About Swagger appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Where to Watch This Year’s Oscar-Nominated Films in Canadaby Patricia Karounos on 17/03/2021 at 3:56 pm
History was made when the 2021 Oscar nominations were announced this morning: Nomadland director Chloé Zhao and Promising Young Woman’s Emerald Fennell became the first two women ever to be nominated for Best Director at the same time. Zhao is the first-ever woman of colour to be nominated in the category and the first woman to receive four The post Where to Watch This Year’s Oscar-Nominated Films in Canada appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- What Is Sleep Paralysis? Plus, What You Should Do if You Have Itby D’Loraine Miranda on 17/03/2021 at 1:40 pm
This article was originally published in February 2019. Ever wake up in the middle of the night completely paralyzed but totally cognizant of the fact that you can’t move your limbs? Chances are you’ve experienced sleep paralysis. Here, a breakdown on the ever-so-elusive sleep disorder and what you can do if you have it. What The post What Is Sleep Paralysis? Plus, What You Should Do if You Have It appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- How I Learned to Sleep Better (and Deal With Insomnia)by Olivia Stren on 16/03/2021 at 6:00 pm
This article was originally published in January 2019. About a year into my first real job, as a junior editor at Toronto Life, I arrived at my performance review — a breakfast meeting scheduled for 9 a.m. — 25 minutes late. I’d been wild with nerves the night before and couldn’t sleep. At 4 a.m., The post How I Learned to Sleep Better (and Deal With Insomnia) appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- 8 Beauty Looks We Loved from the 2021 Grammysby Patricia Karounos on 15/03/2021 at 5:32 pm
The 63rd annual Grammy Awards staged a limited, socially-distant red carpet last night. Thrilled at the prospect of actually having somewhere to go, some of music’s biggest stars pulled out all the stops (with some help from their glam squads) for the fashionable evening with everything from enviable hairstyles to jaw-dropping manis. Here are eight The post 8 Beauty Looks We Loved from the 2021 Grammys appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- How to Sleep Better (and Therefore Improve Every Aspect of Your Life)by Emilie Dingfeld on 15/03/2021 at 3:00 pm
This article was originally published in March 2019. It might have been ages since you’ve woken up feeling like you’ve gotten a good night’s sleep, and you’re certainly not alone. As many of our lives get busier with work commitments, social engagements (mostly virtual, of course) and Netflix marathons, it’s little wonder our relationship with The post How to Sleep Better (and Therefore Improve Every Aspect of Your Life) appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- The Real Lilly Singh Has Arrived — and She’s Ready To Talkby Odessa Paloma Parker on 15/03/2021 at 1:30 pm
Like other television hosts, Lilly Singh was forced to shift her programming to a format that didn’t include a live studio audience and in-person interviews once COVID-19 restrictions took over. But unlike her peers — the majority of whom are cisgender straight white men in their 40s and 50s — Singh, a bisexual brown woman The post The Real Lilly Singh Has Arrived — and She’s Ready To Talk appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- Announcing This Year’s #BeautyForAll Awards: The Best in Skincare, Cosmetics, Fragrance + Moreby FASHION Staff on 15/03/2021 at 11:00 am
It’s the most wonderful time of the year — when we officially announce the winners of our #BeautyForAll Awards. This year, FASHION celebrates the 20th anniversary of the annual awards, in which we test hundreds of beauty submissions and select the best of the best in each category. We called on a diverse group of The post Announcing This Year’s #BeautyForAll Awards: The Best in Skincare, Cosmetics, Fragrance + More appeared first on FASHION Magazine.
- All the Wild Looks from the 2021 Grammy Awardsby Jennifer Berry on 15/03/2021 at 1:14 am
The 2021 Grammy Awards took place on March 14 and despite a limited red carpet and much of the awards ceremony happening virtually, celebrities didn’t hold back when it came to their ensembles. From Lizzo’s not one but two ’80s-inspired dresses to Harry Styles’s plaid moment, the Grammy red carpet looks were as fun and The post All the Wild Looks from the 2021 Grammy Awards appeared first on FASHION Magazine.