- The dream – going on a trip with dreams of capturing the magical experiences that you have and returning home with a camera full of captivating images to show your friends.
- The reality – you return home wonderful memories, but a camera full of uninspiring images that don’t do your adventure justice, and leave your friends and family disinterested… when they could have been mesmerized.
What if you could spend time being coached by one of the top travel photographers in the world?
Transcending Travel is an eBook designed to give you the skill and inspiration to take riveting travel photography images, ones so striking you’re friends won’t be able to stop talking about and sharing them.
The great thing about it is that it’s just as applicable whether you’re traveling near or far from home.
Best Still–as it’s a downloadable eBook you can have it today (with no need for delivery fees)
Transcending Travel – What’s Inside
Written by acclaimed professional travel photographer Mitchell Kanashkevich, Transcending Travel is a downloadable PDF eBook specifically designed to help you improve your travel photography.
Here’s a sample shot of how a typical page is laid out.
1. Preparation: advice on preparing for your trip
- How to research your trip
- Choosing the Right Lenses to take
- Buying the right camera body
- Other Equipment to take
2. Composition: how to communicate effectively to those who view your images through principles of photographic composition.
- The Photographic Frame and how to use it
- How to draw the eye of those viewing your images
- The importance of Focal Points, Perspective, Negative Space, Lines, Patterns, Depth of Field and more in Composition
3. Light: how to use light creatively to tell your stories, communicate your emotion and evoke emotions in others.
- First steps to using light creatively
- How to ‘Direct’ natural and available light
- Familiarization with different times of day and lighting situations (including Twilight, ‘magic hour’, in midday sun, diffused light, firelight and foggy light) and teaching on what effects different types of light have.
- How to shoot after sundown
- Lighting tools: flashes and reflectors
4. Making Photos: walks readers through numerous aspects involved in the making of a good travel photograph.
- 5 key elements of the photographic process
- How to Freeze Motion
- How to Effectively Use Motion Blur
- Working with people – ethics, language barriers and communication
- Posing People effectively
- Environmental Portraits
- How to Shoot Landscapes (natural and man-made)
- Tips on Photographing Buildings and Monuments
- How to Photograph Interiors and Still Life Objects