- The NFL’s apparent new wokeness might be performative, but it still mattersby Ellen McGirt on 07/07/2020 at 11:57 pm
Hokey or not, reports of the NFL's plans to play the Black national anthem before games could still mean something.
- Trump says he’s considering banning TikTokby Verne Kopytoff on 07/07/2020 at 11:30 pm
Trump did not offer any specifics about a potential decision to ban TikTok.
- Overstock CEO: How blockchain can help pull us out of the coronavirus recessionby jakemeth on 07/07/2020 at 11:00 pm
The U.S. government should develop clear and fair regulations around the technology.
- Facebook boycott organizers on meeting Mark Zuckerberg: ‘The company is functionally flawed’by Danielle Abril on 07/07/2020 at 10:42 pm
Boycott organizers met with Facebook executives Tuesday amid the #StopHateForProfit campaign, a one-month ad boycott of the social network.
- “Time now to address this crisis”: Why CEOs must make mental health a priority during the pandemicby Lance Lambert on 07/07/2020 at 10:19 pm
Karen Lynch, president of Aetna, says she's seeing the C-suite now address mental health like never before.
- Messages from our first-ever virtual Brainstorm Healthby Sy Mukherjee on 07/07/2020 at 10:19 pm
Adam Silver, Seema Verma, and others spoke from the first day of Fortune's virtual Brainstorm Health conference.
- Shares of obscure biotech firm Novavax soar 32% on coronavirus vaccine fundingby Jeff on 07/07/2020 at 10:18 pm
A giant deal with the US government boosts Novavax to new heights.
- How IBM Watson supercomputers are speeding up the search for a COVID-19 vaccineby Jen Wieczner on 07/07/2020 at 9:56 pm
The Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic and hundreds of others are all on board: "We know we cannot simply wait."
- The coronavirus positivity rate is too high in 28 statesby Maria Aspan on 07/07/2020 at 9:49 pm
Even as their confirmed COVID-19 cases surge, states including Arizona, Florida, and South Carolina likely aren't testing enough of their residents.
- Professional soccer returns to TV without fans, but with microphones in the turfby Verne Kopytoff on 07/07/2020 at 9:30 pm
Fans at home will hear and see fancy new sounds and visuals while watching Major League Soccer, as COVID-19 prompts changes to how the sport is broadcast.
- How Bank of America is thinking about its $1 billion donation toward racial equityby Lucinda Shen on 07/07/2020 at 9:26 pm
Vice chairman Anne Finucane on the bank’s commitment to spend $1 billion to create change.
- 3 ways science will never be the same after COVID-19by rhhackettfortune on 07/07/2020 at 9:15 pm
Renowned biologist Jennifer Doudna of Crispr gene-editing fame believes the coronavirus pandemic is prompting a new scientific revolution.
- 3 ways companies can combat the major public health issue of racism right nowby Anne Sraders on 07/07/2020 at 9:13 pm
Employers have a crucial role to play to ensure they are taking care of their employees and addressing racial inequities within their own workplace.
- NBA commissioner Adam Silver says Orlando league will shut down if there’s ‘a significant spread’by Aric Jenkins on 07/07/2020 at 8:53 pm
He still plans to go down to the NBA’s temporary Walt Disney World campus.
- Trump administration formally withdraws from World Health Organizationby lbelanger225 on 07/07/2020 at 8:17 pm
The pullout won’t take effect until next year, so it could be rescinded under a new administration or if circumstances change.
- How Moderna developed a coronavirus vaccine candidate in ‘a few days’by ehinchliffe on 07/07/2020 at 8:11 pm
Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel spoke at Fortune’s virtual Brainstorm Health conference.
- Will the pharmaceutical industry keep collaborating after COVID-19? Novartis and Bristol Myers Squibb CEOs say it has toby dzanemorris on 07/07/2020 at 8:06 pm
Data-sharing practices beefed up to fight the coronavirus could also improve treatments for cancer and other ailments, if the drug industry embraces it long term.
- Gig workers sound off on the Uber-Postmates deal: ‘It’s like an embezzler buying a bank’by rhhackettfortune on 07/07/2020 at 8:00 pm
Ride-hailing drivers and food delivery couriers blast Uber's plan to buy Postmates while investors celebrate.
- These Mayo Clinic doctors offer healing through song amid coronavirus pandemicby jonathanvanian2015 on 07/07/2020 at 7:45 pm
The doctors who made the viral "Imagine" video share their thoughts about how music can help people amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Why COVID-19 is worsening the opioid epidemicby Maria Aspan on 07/07/2020 at 7:01 pm
Even before the current pandemic, opioid addiction was "one of the key health epidemics of our generation," Jessica Mega of Alphabet's Verily warns.