- Airport and Payment Facial Recognition Systems Fooled By Masks and Photos, Raising Security Concernsby Jeff on 12/12/2019 at 12:59 pm
An experiment by Kneron shows the tech is less secure than we think.
- Meena Harris, Niece of Kamala Harris, On Why Her Aunt’s Campaign Was So ‘Courageous’by ehinchliffe on 12/12/2019 at 12:56 pm
Meena Harris talked politics at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Next Gen Summit.
- From Online Shoppers to Dairy Farmers, the New Nafta Will Leave Winners and Losers in Its Wakeby Ian Mount on 12/12/2019 at 12:30 pm
The overall benefit to U.S. GDP is small: a 0.35% increase in the agreement’s sixth year. But like all trade deals, this one creates winners and losers.
- In Scooter Startups, Landlords See a Competitive Edge—and a Path to the City of the Futureby reymashayekhi on 12/12/2019 at 12:00 pm
As the electric scooter craze sweeps the globe, micromobility operators have found a symbiotic match with real estate interests.
- How Equality Sparks Innovationby Alan Murray on 12/12/2019 at 10:32 am
Companies that embrace diversity are also more likely to have a culture of innovation.
- As Saudi Aramco Shares Hit the Kingdom’s Coveted $2 Trillion Valuation, Some Analysts Say ‘Sell’by Ian Mount on 12/12/2019 at 10:06 am
Saudi Aramco jumped for a second day, pushing the oil giant’s value beyond the $2 trillion mark that alienated global investors and potentially making further share sales abroad more difficult.
- The European Commission President Announced a European Green Deal, Targeting a Carbon Neutral E.U. by 2050by eamonbarrett on 12/12/2019 at 9:25 am
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced a European Green Deal on Wednesday to make the E.U. carbon neutral by 2050 but not everyone's on board.
- How Businesses Are Tackling Addiction’s Mounting Toll on U.S. Workersby Nicole Goodkind on 12/12/2019 at 3:21 am
"If someone had lung disease or heart disease, we’d be running 5Ks and putting their faces on T-shirts," says Laura Hutfless, co-founder of FlyteVu. "But if someone has chronic addiction, you don’t want to say why that person is out of the office."
- Here Are 3 Ways Companies Can Reduce Their Environmental Impactby Danielle Abril on 12/12/2019 at 2:57 am
Panelists at the Fortune Most Powerful Women Next Gen summit offered businesses advice about how to manage their impact on the planet.
- Meena Harris on Kamala Harris’ Campaign: ‘Women Aren’t Allowed to Make Mistakes’by Jeff on 12/12/2019 at 2:28 am
The standards are different for women on the presidential trail says Kamala Harris' niece.
- Hair-Brushing Robot Shows How Artificial Intelligence May Help the Disabledby Jeremy Kahn on 12/12/2019 at 2:24 am
A team of researchers have created a hair-combing robot as possible aide to stroke victims and the disabled.
- Gen Z is Becoming a Serious Consumer Bloc—And They Demand Authenticity From Brandsby Emily Savage on 12/12/2019 at 12:40 am
They’ll use their spending power to buy from companies whose values align with theirs
- 5 Tips for Women Who Want A Corporate Board Seatby Danielle Abril on 12/12/2019 at 12:20 am
Women who have landed coveted board seats at large organizations and companies shared advice for others at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Next Gen summit.
- YouTube Bans Clips That Insult or Threaten People Because of Race or Sexual Orientationby Jenna Schnuer on 11/12/2019 at 11:56 pm
But YouTube creator Carlos Maza says the “issue has never been the scope and language of the policy. The problem was with enforcement.”
- Weinstein Reaches a Tentative Deal of $25 Million to Settle With Accusers, Report Saysby Jenna Schnuer on 11/12/2019 at 11:40 pm
The former studio head's trial for rape and sexual assault charges is scheduled to begin January 6.
- These Women Are the Next Generation’s Leadersby Ellen McGirt on 11/12/2019 at 11:34 pm
Some takeaways from the MPW conference on leadership and inclusion.
- Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins Talks About His Big New Bet on Chipsby jonathanvanian2015 on 11/12/2019 at 11:30 pm
It's a big departure for a company that's known for selling routers and switches.
- Is Loneliness Driving the Opioid Epidemic?by Sy Mukherjee on 11/12/2019 at 11:04 pm
Retail giant Home Depot says that the opioid epidemic may be a factor in store thefts—but it's complicated.
- To Finally Develop a Universal Flu Vaccine, Innovative Science and Financing Must Combine Forcesby tamaraelwaylly on 11/12/2019 at 11:02 pm
Influenza costs the U.S. an estimated $361 billion each year in health care costs, work missed, and lives lost.
- Controversial Startup Palantir Denies Assisting ICE With Family Separationsby Aaron Pressman on 11/12/2019 at 10:49 pm
Its work is with another section of of the agency