CNN World News
- Markets are sinking as coronavirus spreadson 28/02/2020 at 4:54 pm
- China wants to get back to normal. That could be dangerouson 28/02/2020 at 4:36 am
Everyone knows the feeling. It's day six of a two-week course of antibiotics, and you're feeling much better. You're ready for a return to normality, to being able to drink alcohol and eat what you want without worry, to not stressing about taking your pills at the right time.
- US President Trump seeks a 'miracle' as virus fears mounton 28/02/2020 at 9:46 am
- Gupta on Trump's coronavirus claim: That's not trueon 28/02/2020 at 12:44 am
CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta fact-checks his exchange with President Donald Trump during a coronavirus press conference when Trump claimed the flu had higher death rates than the coronavirus.
- At least 33 Turkish soldiers killed in airstrike by Syrian regime, governor sayson 28/02/2020 at 7:27 am
At least 22 Turkish soldiers were killed in Syria's Idlib province on Thursday in an aerial attack by Syrian regime forces, according to Gov. Rahmi Dogan of Turkey's Hatay province.
- Triple Olympic champion Sun Yang handed eight-year banon 28/02/2020 at 11:18 am
Triple Olympic swimming champion Sun Yang has been banned from the sport for eight years for missing an out-of-competition doping test, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) said on Friday.
- Chinese destroyer fires laser at US jet, US Navy sayson 28/02/2020 at 9:55 am
The US Navy said Thursday that a Chinese military warship fired a military grade laser at US Navy P-8 surveillance aircraft last week while it was flying over the Pacific Ocean, an action that the US Navy called "unsafe and unprofessional."
- Coronavirus could cost Trump the election, Goldman Sachs warnson 27/02/2020 at 5:29 pm
A market meltdown. Surging recession fears. And a sudden spotlight on America's health care system. Goldman Sachs is warning Wall Street that the coronavirus could cost President Donald Trump the election.
- Cooper condemns WH response to coronavirus: Ignorance doesn't kill viruseson 28/02/2020 at 1:58 am
CNN's Anderson Cooper discusses the Trump administration's response to the latest developments with the coronavirus.
- French cinema faces moral reckoning as Roman Polanski's new film up for 12 César awardson 28/02/2020 at 10:43 am
French cinema is gearing up for a watershed moment on Friday when "An Officer and a Spy," the latest movie from Roman Polanski, competes for 12 César awards. The results will be seen as a verdict on how far the industry -- and the country -- has come in the #MeToo era.
- What a Sanders-Trump map could look likeon 28/02/2020 at 6:22 am
With Bernie Sanders looking more and more like the potential Democratic presidential nominee, the good people at the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia have released their first take on what the electoral map might look like in a matchup between the senator from Vermont and President Donald Trump.
- Teenager's remains found in zoo's lion enclosureon 27/02/2020 at 5:02 pm
The remains of a teen, who was missing for two days, have been found in a lion enclosure at Lahore Safari Zoo in Pakistan.
- A missing woman from New Mexico was kidnapped and murdered, authorities sayon 28/02/2020 at 8:25 am
A Mennonite woman who went missing from New Mexico last month was kidnapped and murdered, the San Juan County Sheriff's Office said.
- Hong Kong pro-democracy media mogul Jimmy Lai arrestedon 28/02/2020 at 9:42 am
A Hong Kong tycoon known for his outspoken support of the city's pro-democracy movement and criticism of China was arrested Friday, along with two other prominent pro-democracy figures.
- The global travel industry may not recover for yearson 28/02/2020 at 10:19 am
Countries around the world have been eager to cash in on the rising spending power of Chinese travelers. Shops advertise Mandarin speaking salespeople, the United States and Japan offer 10-year visas, and hotels and duty-free retailers accept China's Alipay and WeChat Pay apps.
- Woman dies after drinking single sip of wine laced with MDMAon 28/02/2020 at 11:02 am
A woman has died after taking a single sip of wine laced with the drug MDMA, prosecutors in the Belgian city of Antwerp have said.
- A neo-fascist party hopes for big gains in Slovakia's electionon 28/02/2020 at 9:49 am
A neo-fascist party, whose leader is on trial for hate speech, has big hopes for the general election in Slovakia this weekend.
- Smartphone sales are collapsing in China. They could plunge 40% in Q1on 28/02/2020 at 10:42 am
China's smartphone market, the biggest in the world, is set for a massive plunge due to the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Teacher suspended for showing students a picture of her fiancée wins $100,000 settlementon 28/02/2020 at 10:18 am
A Texas art teacher who was placed on administrative leave after talking about "her future wife" in class hopes her settlement with a school district will change the lives of other LGBTQ people.
- Family creates underground home to escape horroron 27/02/2020 at 8:52 pm
As airstrikes continue to ravage life in Syria, a family just outside of Turkey's border are living in an underground cave to stay safe.