- Disney and Target are teaming up to open stores with each other's helpon 25/08/2019 at 7:04 pm
The announcement for Target also comes on the heels of a strong quarterly earnings report, where it showed it drove more people to stores and got them to spend more money there.
- Kudlow does not expect China to retaliate against Trump's latest tariffs despite Beijing's warningon 25/08/2019 at 3:44 pm
Despite Kudlow's expectations, China said on Saturday that it strongly opposes Trump's decision to levy additional tariffs on $550 billion worth of Chinese goods, and warned the U.S. of consequences if it does not end its "wrong actions."
- White House says Trump regrets not raising tariffs on China higheron 25/08/2019 at 1:14 pm
The White House said Trump's statement that he had "second thoughts" about escalating the trade war was "greatly misinterpreted."
- At G-7, Trump says he is not happy about North Korea missile testson 25/08/2019 at 10:37 am
President Donald Trump said Sunday he was not happy after North Korea launched short-range ballistic missiles over the weekend.
- Trump hints at a 'very big trade deal' with Britain post Brexiton 25/08/2019 at 9:41 am
President Donald Trump said that he would have a major trade deal with U.K. after it leaves the European Union.
- Trump on US-China trade war: 'I could declare a national emergency'on 25/08/2019 at 8:45 am
Clouding the G-7 gathering, which represents the world's major industrial economies, are the tit-for-tat tariffs between Washington and Beijing.
- How Goldman Sachs nabbed the top three tech deals of 2019 and took a big lead in M&Aon 24/08/2019 at 7:59 pm
The Goldman Sachs technology team, led by Sam Britton, has had a huge 2019 by focusing on software and leveraging decades of relationships.
- Trump can use these powers to pressure US companies to leave Chinaon 24/08/2019 at 5:57 pm
Trump does have some powerful tools that would not require approval from U.S. Congress.
- Trump is meeting with world leaders at G7 as he escalates US-China trade waron 24/08/2019 at 5:03 pm
The summit comes amid fears over a global economic slowdown, and U.S. tensions over trade allies, Iran and Russia.
- Trump's tariffs on monkeys could 'severely damage' US medical research and send labs to Chinaon 24/08/2019 at 2:00 pm
As demand for lab monkeys continues to rise, U.S. scientists are reporting delays in research projects because they can't obtain enough animals, according to the National Institutes of Health.
- 'China is not paying for it': Trump tariff hike hits everyone from beer brewers to book publisherson 24/08/2019 at 1:00 pm
American small and medium-sized companies that rely on China are scrambling to adjust their business plans in response to the trade war.
- This shop in Seattle can fix the original Tesla Roadsters that Elon Musk left behindon 24/08/2019 at 1:00 pm
Carl Medlock used to work at Tesla. Now he's one of the few people in the U.S. that can fix the company's original Roadster electric vehicles.
- China warns US to stop 'wrong' trade actions or face consequenceson 24/08/2019 at 11:46 am
China said on Saturday it strongly opposes Washington's decision to levy additional tariffs on $550 billion worth of Chinese goods and warned the United States of consequences if it does not end its "wrong actions".
- EU chief Tusk says will 'respond in kind' if US imposes tariffs on France over digital taxon 24/08/2019 at 10:43 am
The European Union will respond in kind if the U.S. imposes tariffs on France over digital tax plan, EU chief Donald Tusk told G-7.
- Tesla solar panels caught fire at an Amazon warehouse in 2018on 24/08/2019 at 12:28 am
Tesla solar energy systems ignited at an Amazon warehouse in Redlands, California last June, and the Seattle e-commerce titan confirmed that it has no further plans to buy solar energy systems from Tesla.
- 'There's more room to fall' in this market, Wharton's Jeremy Siegel warnson 23/08/2019 at 11:16 pm
"I would love this to be clarified. We come to a deal on trade, boy, this market is up 10 to 15%, but without it's going to be worrisome," Jeremy Siegel says.
- Divided Fed reluctant to cut rates in face of global 'spreading recession,' David Rosenberg sayson 23/08/2019 at 10:19 pm
The divided Federal Reserve is reluctant to cut rates in the face of mounting global economic pressure, Gluskin Sheff's David Rosenberg told CNBC on Friday.
- Bank of England Governor Mark Carney says trade war hurts confidenceon 23/08/2019 at 9:34 pm
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney says trade war has a confidence effect on business around the world
- Trump will raise tariff rates on Chinese goods in response to trade war retaliationon 23/08/2019 at 9:01 pm
Trump said he will raise tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods to 30% and hike duties on another $300 billion in products to 15%.
- Week ahead: Stocks could be rocky on trade and economy fears as August breaks low volatility streakon 23/08/2019 at 8:49 pm
The final week of August could be highly volatile as markets fret over the economy and the latest developments in trade wars.