- Trump says nationwide coronavirus stay-home order was discussed, but is 'pretty unlikely'on 30/03/2020 at 11:07 pm
Trump's remarks came a day after the White House extended its "social distancing" guidelines through April 30.
- American Airlines plans to apply for coronavirus aid, offers partial pay for employee leaveon 30/03/2020 at 10:44 pm
American Airlines plans to apply for government aid to help it weather the impact of coronavirus and is offering partially
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: RH, Domino's Pizza, Marathon Oil & moreon 30/03/2020 at 10:18 pm
Check out the companies making headlines after the bell.
- DOD watchdog Glenn Fine appointed Inspector General for $2 trillion coronavirus stimuluson 30/03/2020 at 10:09 pm
Glenn Fine will serve as newly named chair of The Pandemic Response Accountability Committee, a body created to oversee the roughly $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus deal.
- Stock futures rise slightly, extending market's rebound from massive coronavirus sell-offon 30/03/2020 at 10:06 pm
The overnight action followed a strong session on Wall Street, with the Dow jumping nearly 700 points.
- Airbnb extends coronavirus cancellation window to May 31, sets aside $250 million to pay hostson 30/03/2020 at 10:01 pm
Airbnb said it will let guests get full refunds for trips booked before March 14, as the travel industry struggles with the impact of the coronavirus.
- New Trump automobile mileage standards to gut Obama climate efforton 30/03/2020 at 9:19 pm
President Donald Trump is poised to roll back ambitious Obama-era vehicle mileage standards and raise the ceiling on damaging fossil fuel emissions for years to come, gutting one of the United States' biggest efforts against climate change.
- Airline workers might not be cut but in coronavirus crisis their paychecks will beon 30/03/2020 at 8:38 pm
Airline workers are seeing fewer hours than they normally would have as airlines reduce flying to match the coronavirus travel slump
- Ford, GE plan to produce 50,000 ventilators in 100 dayson 30/03/2020 at 8:31 pm
Ford Motor and GE Healthcare plan to produce 50,000 ventilators within the next 100 days at a facility in Michigan amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Burger King's parent is giving cash advances and rent deferrals to franchiseeson 30/03/2020 at 8:30 pm
Restaurant Brands International is sending cash to franchisees and deferring rents as part of an effort to support its operators amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Here's what happened to the stock market on Mondayon 30/03/2020 at 8:14 pm
Stocks rallied on Monday as the U.S. extended measures to contain the coronavirus outbreak.
- Moody's cuts outlook on $6.6 trillion US corporate debt pile to 'negative'on 30/03/2020 at 8:12 pm
The ratings agency warned that sectors "most sensitive to consumer demand and sentiment" will be especially hard-hit.
- L.L.Bean CEO says Congress must do more to address 'serious' retail crisison 30/03/2020 at 8:10 pm
"I think it's a really serious situation, and I actually don't think it's getting enough attention," L.L.Bean CEO Stephen Smith told CNBC on Monday.
- Few chief financial officers are planning layoffs this month, new survey findson 30/03/2020 at 8:02 pm
In a new survey, 87% of chief financial officers are concerned the coronavirus could have a significant impact on their businesses, up from just 54% two weeks earlier.
- Larry Fink says economy will recover from coronavirus and there are 'tremendous opportunities'on 30/03/2020 at 8:00 pm
"As dramatic as this has been, I do believe that the economy will recover steadily," Fink says.
- GE workers protest at company's headquarters, aviation factory after coronavirus layoffson 30/03/2020 at 7:58 pm
The union protested at the company's aviation facility in Lynn, Massachusetts, as well as its headquarters in Boston.
- Automakers continue with plans to reopen US plants as Trump extends coronavirus guidelineson 30/03/2020 at 7:57 pm
Ford Motor, Fiat Chrysler, Toyota Motor and Honda Motor are continuing with such plans as executives "monitor" or "assess" the situation following President Donald Trump on Sunday extending national social-distancing guidelines to April 30.
- A barrel of oil is now cheaper than a pint of beer in Canadaon 30/03/2020 at 7:46 pm
Oil prices have tumbled so much that in some places beer is now cheaper than "black gold."
- Biden says coronavirus' impact on health system hasn't changed his mind on single-payeron 30/03/2020 at 7:35 pm
Millions of people are expected to lose their private health insurance as coronavirus' economic toll sweeps through the nation.
- 'It's anti-American' – Cuomo says he doesn't want political fight with Trump in coronavirus responseon 30/03/2020 at 7:06 pm
Days earlier, Trump suggested he would treat governors differently if they weren't "appreciative" of his efforts to contain the coronavirus.