- Libya rivals, world powers talk peace at Berlin summiton 19/01/2020 at 6:39 pm
Push for a permanent ceasefire expected as warring sides and world leaders attend peace negotiations in Germany.
- Dozens of Yemeni soldiers killed in Marib military camp attackon 19/01/2020 at 6:27 pm
Saudi national TV blames Houthi rebels for deadly assault involving ballistic missiles and drones.
- EsmaiI Qaani: New 'shadow commander' of Iranâ€™s Quds Forceon 19/01/2020 at 6:15 pm
Esmail Qaani is likely to pursue his predecessor's policies with 'greater vigour and ruthlessness', say experts.
- Clashes cut short Hong Kong rally as police officers are attackedon 19/01/2020 at 5:13 pm
Violence erupts at rally after thousands gather at a park to call for greater democratic freedoms in China-ruled city.
- Former UN official slams Israel 'humiliation' of Palestinianson 19/01/2020 at 4:49 pm
Former UN Assistant Secretary-General Andrew Gilmour has described the situation for Palestinians as 'appalling' and 'indescribable'.
- UK and France reiterate commitment to Iran nuclear dealon 19/01/2020 at 4:13 pm
Statements follow European signatories to the 2015 nuclear deal triggering diplomatic 'dispute mechanism' last week.
- Iraq protests swell with people angry at slow pace of reformson 19/01/2020 at 4:03 pm
Rallies demanding overhaul of the ruling system rock capital Baghdad and Shia-majority parts of southern Iraq.
- Iraq protesters threaten to block main roadson 19/01/2020 at 3:55 pm
In Babil province, demonstrators are demanding political changes amid an economic crisis.
- Bodies of Ukrainian victims of Iran plane crash repatriatedon 19/01/2020 at 12:06 pm
Solemn ceremony at airport near Kyiv comes as Iran denies earlier reports it would send flight recorders to Ukraine.
- Several dead after blaze engulfs Czech care homeon 19/01/2020 at 12:05 pm
Fire at a care home in the small town of Vejprty kills at least eight and wounds dozens, officials say.
- Timeline: Haftar's months-long offensive to seize Tripolion 19/01/2020 at 11:53 am
Overview of major events since the launch of a military push by eastern-based forces to capture Libya's capital.
- Soleimani and the weight of historyon 19/01/2020 at 11:38 am
Soleimani is the product of the same historical events that have curbed popular sovereignty and democracy in the region.
- End of the library fine: Australian initiative catching onon 19/01/2020 at 11:00 am
Many Australian libraries have decided to scrap the fines, libraries around the world have taken notice.
- Comoros votes in parliamentary poll boycotted by oppositionon 19/01/2020 at 10:45 am
Opposition parties said they would not contest 24 national assembly seats after failing to obtain election guarantees.
- Hong Kong protests: Several arrested as demonstrators defy banon 19/01/2020 at 10:33 am
Tear gas and violence in Hong Kong as thousands defy a police ban on protest marches.
- Did China capitulate to the US on 'beautiful monster' trade deal?on 19/01/2020 at 9:30 am
Trump's 'monster' deal and how Xi Jinping wasted his political capital. Plus, Russia's pipeline to the East and South.
- Conor McGregor defeats Cerrone in 40 seconds in UFC returnon 19/01/2020 at 9:11 am
Irishman's mixed martial arts performance in UFC 246 echoes his greatest fights during his unparalleled rise.
- Racism in Portugal: A blind spot for the media?on 19/01/2020 at 8:38 am
Do Portugal's mainstream media deny racism and lack diversity? A look into reporting of race in Portuguese media.
- Facebook apologises for rude mistranslation of Xi Jinping's nameon 19/01/2020 at 8:28 am
Company blames technical glitch that 'caused incorrect translations' of Chinese leader's name from Burmese to English.
- Afghanistan snows: Communities calling for helpon 19/01/2020 at 7:12 am
Al Jazeera reports from a rural community in Afghanistan that is finding it difficult to cope with the heavy snowfalls.