- Hong Kong braces for toughest ever coronavirus curbs: Liveon 14/07/2020 at 9:17 am
World Health Organization warns pandemic could 'get worse' as global infections surge past 13 million.
- Transparency concerns raised over India COVID-19 fundon 14/07/2020 at 8:56 am
A request by the Associated Press for a list of fund donors and payments from the PM office was denied.
- US rejects China's claims in South China Sea drawing Beijing ireon 14/07/2020 at 8:40 am
China accuses US of 'inciting confrontation' after Washington rejected expansive claims in disputed sea for first time.
- Dam talks between Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan end with no dealon 14/07/2020 at 8:29 am
Technical and legal disagreements persist as declared window to resolve dispute over giant Nile project closes fast.
- In Pictures: China faces worst floods in 30 yearson 14/07/2020 at 8:06 am
As many as 33 rivers rise to record highs as regions across the country brace for another 'grim' week of rains.
- Ivory Coast creates northern military zone after deadly attackon 14/07/2020 at 7:49 am
African country creates zone in response to last month's killing of 14 soldiers on its border with Burkina Faso.
- 'Bombshell': Australia releases letters on Gough Whitlam sackingon 14/07/2020 at 7:32 am
Historic letters lifted veil off of 1975 crisis when British monarch's envoy brought down Labor government in Australia.
- Qatar blockade: ICJ due to rule on airspace rights disputeon 14/07/2020 at 7:24 am
The International Court of Justice is to issue its verdict on a dispute over Qatar airspace rights.
- Indian royal family to keep control of temple with $20bn richeson 14/07/2020 at 5:40 am
Royal dynasty wins right to run the Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple - one of the world's richest places of worship.
- 'Great concern' as new Ebola outbreak grows in western DR Congoon 14/07/2020 at 4:32 am
WHO says nearly 50 people infected in new Ebola outbreak as DR Congo grapples with COVID-19 and measles epidemics.
- 'Grim': China battles record flooding after torrential downpourson 14/07/2020 at 4:26 am
Dozens already reported dead as rivers burst their banks after days of heavy rain, with more forecast.
- Japan accuses China of pushing territorial claims during pandemicon 14/07/2020 at 3:02 am
White paper approved by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe describes 'relentless' intrusions near group of East China Sea islets.
- Hong Kong adopts toughest-ever coronavirus curbs after case surgeon 14/07/2020 at 2:54 am
New measures to come into force at midnight as authorities warn of 'extremely high' risk of large-scale outbreak.
- WHO: Coronavirus 'public enemy number one'on 14/07/2020 at 2:17 am
UN agency sounds alarm as coronavirus cases rise by one million in five days, pushing the total to 13 million globally.
- Body of Glee star Naya Rivera recovered from California lakeon 13/07/2020 at 11:57 pm
Rivera, the third of Glee's cast members to die in their 30s, saved her four-year-old son before drowning.
- US immigration courts back in business despite coronaviruson 13/07/2020 at 11:10 pm
Backlog of 1.2 million cases awaits as courts in New Jersey, Maryland and Michigan reopen to non-detained immigrants.
- WHO warns coronavirus crisis could worsen: Live updateson 13/07/2020 at 11:05 pm
'Too many countries are headed in the wrong direction' as global cases near 13 million, WHO director warns.
- Roger Stone: Trump's pardon erased fines along with jail timeon 13/07/2020 at 10:37 pm
Details of the clemency deal were made public on Monday after a judge asked the Trump administration for clarification.
- US COVID-19: LA and San Diego pupils will not return to classroomon 13/07/2020 at 10:01 pm
California's two largest public school districts will resume online-only learning when their terms begin in August.
- Over 200 universities, 17 US states sue over foreign student ruleon 13/07/2020 at 8:56 pm
The Department of Homeland Security says the policy is backed by existing law and still provides leniency.