- Canada's Trudeau admits to racist 'brownface' makeupon 19/09/2019 at 2:56 am
Embattled prime minister scrambles to get on top of a new controversy as he faces a tight contest against Conservatives.
- Oil attacks 'unquestionably sponsored by Iran': Saudi Arabiaon 19/09/2019 at 2:36 am
Defence ministry says no way attacks were launched from Yemen but Houthi rebels boast drones can easily fly 700km.
- US supports Saudi 'right to defend itself': Pompeoon 19/09/2019 at 2:33 am
In meeting with Mohammed bin Salman, Secretary of State again condemned oil attacks and pointed finger at Iran.
- Japan court set to rule in Fukushima disaster trialon 19/09/2019 at 1:39 am
TEPCO executives facing criminal charges have pleaded not guilty in relation to worst nuclear disaster since Chernoby
- Filipino coastguards convicted of killing Taiwanese fishermanon 19/09/2019 at 1:25 am
Incident in 2013 led to deep rift between the two neighbours, then agreement to avoid use of force in fishing disputes.
- Who is Robert O'Brien, Trump's national security adviser pick?on 19/09/2019 at 12:02 am
Trump says he will name the lawyer and hostage negotiator as hawkish John Bolton's replacement.
- Greta Thunberg to US Congress on climate change: 'Wake up'on 18/09/2019 at 11:58 pm
The Swedish teen activist tells US politicians to 'listen to scientists' and enact strong measures on climate change.
- Indonesia forest fires choke Southeast Asiaon 18/09/2019 at 11:41 pm
Toxic haze spreads across Indonesia and into neighbouring Malaysia and Singapore forcing schools to shut.
- Al Jazeera's Mahmoud Hussein spends 1,000 days in Egyptian prisonon 18/09/2019 at 11:29 pm
Hussein has been jailed in Cairo without charge since December 2016 after arriving from Qatar to visit his family.
- Argentine Senate approves emergency food law after mass protestson 18/09/2019 at 10:44 pm
Amid worsening economic crisis, the measure will increase financial support for food programmes by 50 percent.
- Author Kamila Shamsie stripped of literary award over BDS supporton 18/09/2019 at 8:54 pm
German city rescinds Nelly Sachs Prize from British Pakistani author, citing her support of the pro-Palestine movement.
- Saudi oil attacks: All the latest updateson 18/09/2019 at 8:36 pm
UN chief Antonio Guterres says a team of experts has left for Saudi Arabia to investigate attacks on oil installations.
- Sri Lanka to hold presidential election on November 16on 18/09/2019 at 8:34 pm
Following a 2015 constitutional amendment, the next president will have fewer powers than his predecessors.
- In Pictures: Plight of India's tea plantation workerson 18/09/2019 at 8:26 pm
Hundreds of workers face hardships and an uncertain future after a number of tea gardens are forced to shut down.
- Tunisian presidential candidate Karoui to stay in jail: Lawyeron 18/09/2019 at 8:21 pm
Karoui's lawyer said court rejected appeal to release runoff candidate for the third time.
- Fire in Liberia religious school kills dozens of childrenon 18/09/2019 at 7:47 pm
Students were learning the Quran when the fire broke out in Paynesville, near Monrovia, a police spokesman says.
- Algeria's army chief orders arrest of protesters entering Algierson 18/09/2019 at 7:16 pm
Members of the military will seize cars entering the capital for protests, Lieutenant-General Ahmed Gaid Salah says.
- Who will be Israel's next prime minister?on 18/09/2019 at 7:11 pm
Both leaders are short of the parliamentary majority they need to form a government.
- Kashmir under lockdown: All the latest updateson 18/09/2019 at 6:34 pm
Islamabad says Indian PM Narendra Modi's request to cross Pakistani airspace on a flight to Germany has been rejected.
- Saudi oil attacks an 'act of war': Pompeoon 18/09/2019 at 6:25 pm
The US secretary of state, who is in Jeddah, again places blame for the Saudi oil attacks on Iran.