- M. Night Shyamalan Plots Two More Thrillers at Universalby Isaac Feldberg on 16/09/2019 at 7:47 pm
After powering "Glass" to a stellar $247 million finish, Shyamalan is doubling down on his fruitful partnership with Universal, also behind "The Visit" and "Split."
- EU Luxury Brands Face WTO-Approved U.S. Tariffsby Joanna G. Ramey on 16/09/2019 at 6:44 pm
But the amount falls far short of President Trump's threatened $11 billion in punitive duties on European imports.
- Google Workers to Walk out, Along With Amazon and Microsoft Employees, for Sept. 20’s Climate Strikeby Alyssa Newcomb on 16/09/2019 at 6:07 pm
They're preparing to walk off the job again, this time to participate in a global climate change protest.
- How People Are Using Smartwatches to Lose Weight and Stay Healthyby Aaron Pressman on 16/09/2019 at 5:59 pm
Step counting, calorie tracking, and heart rate monitoring dominate.
- Trump Expected to Raise $15 Million During California Fundraising Tripby Jaclyn Gallucci on 16/09/2019 at 5:55 pm
President Donald Trump is set to raise more than $15 million this week during a two-day California fundraising swing. A Republican official familiar with the plans says Trump will raise $3 million Tuesday at a lunch in the Bay Area and $5 million at a dinner that evening in Beverly Hills at the home of
- Elizabeth Warren Endorsed by Key Progressive Group That Backed Bernie Sanders in 2016by Jaclyn Gallucci on 16/09/2019 at 5:47 pm
The progressive Working Families Party is endorsing Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren's presidential bid.
- Netflix Snags ‘Seinfeld’ in Five-Year Sony Pactby Isaac Feldberg on 16/09/2019 at 5:22 pm
As deep-pocketed competitors pull their flagship series off Netflix, the streamer is betting on the beloved sitcom, which will leave Hulu.
- Trump’s Plan to Turn New Mexico Red Starts With Rio Rancho Rally Tonightby Natasha Bach on 16/09/2019 at 5:16 pm
The president has his sights set on the Land of Enchantment for 2020.
- Trump Will Rally in Rio Rancho Tonight. Here’s How to Watch Liveby Jaclyn Gallucci on 16/09/2019 at 5:03 pm
Trump will hold a rally in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, tonight.
- Drone Strikes Are Escalating a Geopolitical Crisis—Which Could Help the Dollarby McKenna Moore on 16/09/2019 at 4:52 pm
The strike on Saudi Aramco's oil facility shines a light on tensions in the Middle East–exactly the type of scenario that fuels strength for the dollar.
- Why Nearly 50,000 GM Auto Workers Just Went On Strikeby Chris Morris on 16/09/2019 at 4:47 pm
Confused about what's going on—and what's being done to end the strike? We've got a few answers for you.
- How the ‘Battle at Big Rock’ Short Film Sets Up a Smarter, Scarier ‘Jurassic World 3’by Isaac Feldberg on 16/09/2019 at 4:20 pm
The short film, which director Colin Trevorrow premiered on FX, follows a family under attack from dinosaurs while on a camping trip.
- Saudi Aramco Is Getting What It’s Long Wanted—Perhaps at the Expense of Its IPOby Bernhard Warner on 16/09/2019 at 4:04 pm
Houthi rebels launched a devastating attack on Saudi Aramco this weekend, knocking out the heart of its oil processing facility. Now investors are starting to reassess its upcoming mega IPO.
- Walmart Will Give You $30 for Trading In Your Child’s Old Car Seatby Chris Morris on 16/09/2019 at 3:20 pm
Retailer launches large-scale recycling event.
- ‘Succession’ Recap, S2E6: Good Riddance to Bad Rubbishby reymashayekhi on 16/09/2019 at 3:03 pm
Logan Roy finds himself balancing public relations bombshells and highly sensitive takeover talks with his own declining health and the carnival that is his family.
- Trump Said the U.S. Is ‘Locked and Loaded,’ But Will He Take Action on Iran?by Jaclyn Gallucci on 16/09/2019 at 2:55 pm
A top White House official is downplaying the threat of imminent action against Iran after President Donald Trump said the U.S. is "locked and loaded."
- Peak Oil Uncertainty: Crude’s Record-Setting Jump Roils Global Markets—and the Worst May Be Yet to Comeby Bernhard Warner on 16/09/2019 at 2:51 pm
Crude oil prices climbed on Monday by nearly 20 percent in the wake of this weekend's attacks in Saudi Arabia. The price hike was putting the hurt on global markets, as a new sense of uncertainty hung over investors.
- Attacks in Saudi Arabia Are a Test of How Much the World Still Needs Its Oilby kdunn6 on 16/09/2019 at 2:29 pm
The attacks on a refinery and an oilfield knocked out at least 5% of the world's supply. But with the U.S. ramping up exports, that doesn't mean quite what it used to.
- After Saudi Oil Attack, Trump Pledges Help for Middle East Alliesby Jaclyn Gallucci on 16/09/2019 at 2:26 pm
Even though he said the U.S. is no longer directly reliant on Middle Eastern oil and gas and has few tankers there.
- Hippo Insurance CEO: Determination Matters More Than Money: Term Sheetby polinamarinova1 on 16/09/2019 at 1:43 pm
How will Hippo compete against its deep-pocketed rivals?