- Formal transition to Biden administration authorized to begin as GSA issues statementby lbelanger225 on 23/11/2020 at 11:54 pm
The move clears the way for the Biden team to coordinate with federal agencies on plans for taking over on Jan. 20.
- Elon Musk is now the world’s second-richest person, passing Bill Gatesby Verne Kopytoff on 23/11/2020 at 11:30 pm
Tesla CEO Musk has added $100.3 billion to his net worth this year, ranking him second on the world's wealthiest list.
- The women joining the Biden-Harris administrationby ehinchliffe on 23/11/2020 at 10:22 pm
Biden's group of Cabinet nominees already includes several 'firsts.'
- Blackstone’s Schwarzman becomes latest Trump ally to throw in the towel, acknowledge Biden’s winby reymashayekhi on 23/11/2020 at 9:22 pm
As the President’s legal challenges continue to falter, more business leaders and industry groups are acknowledging Joe Biden’s election victory and urging an orderly transition of power.
- Janet Yellen will be Biden’s nominee for Treasury secretary say sourcesby Lee Clifford on 23/11/2020 at 9:18 pm
The move would put the first woman and a seasoned central banker into the nation’s top economic policy job.
- 1 in 3 Americans are planning a holiday tripby Lance Lambert on 23/11/2020 at 9:00 pm
How exactly are Americans changing their holiday plans during the pandemic?
- Apple security chief charged with offering bribe for concealed gun licensesby Verne Kopytoff on 23/11/2020 at 8:27 pm
He was involved in offering bribes in return for concealed firearms licenses, the Santa Clara County district attorney said.
- Goldman Sachs downgrades GDP estimates for Q4 and beyond thanks to COVID case surgeby Lee Clifford on 23/11/2020 at 8:00 pm
Goldman Sachs is serving up some harsh projections just days before Thanksgiving.
- Japan’s jailing of Carlos Ghosn was overly ‘harsh’ and compromises their case, U.N. rights lawyers sayby Vivienne Walt on 23/11/2020 at 7:14 pm
“Mr Ghosn was subjected to unjustifiably prolonged detention in harsh conditions,” reads the 17-page report, issued on Monday by the Working Group on Arbitrary Detention.
- COVID vaccines won’t come fast enough to save struggling businesses. But plasma mightby jakemeth on 23/11/2020 at 5:00 pm
We need a therapy option between prevention and hospitalization.
- Why Tesla stock could go to $1,000, according to a Wedbush analystby Anne Sraders on 23/11/2020 at 4:27 pm
"We’re in for a golden age of demand over the coming years," says Wedbush's Dan Ives.
- $1 trillion in stimulus at stake: The shape of a deal hinges on the Georgia Senate runoffsby Anne Sraders on 23/11/2020 at 4:01 pm
Control of the Senate next year, which will be decided by a pair of Georgia runoffs, is the key factor in determining the size and scope of the next economic aid package.
- Autonomous delivery startup Gatik raises $25 million in Series A fundingby dzanemorris on 23/11/2020 at 3:32 pm
Gatik also announced a new deal to create a fleet of autonomous delivery trucks for Canadian grocer Loblaw Companies. It is building a similar fleet for Walmart.
- Improving your productivity could be wrecking your lifeby Aaron Pressman on 23/11/2020 at 3:04 pm
But a new Microsoft app could help.
- The dealmakers embracing the chaosby Lucinda Shen on 23/11/2020 at 2:36 pm
Former House speaker Paul Ryan joins Fortune to speak on SPAC
- Lockdown, superspreader, unprecedented: 2020 has changed the English language, for goodby David Meyer on 23/11/2020 at 1:54 pm
For the Oxford English Dictionary, there was no 'word of the year' this year—because there were too many to choose from.
- Biden infrastructure package in jeopardy as bi-partisan cooperation fails to launchby kdunn6 on 23/11/2020 at 1:22 pm
A flood of infrastructure spending will need Mitch McConnell's backing—and the Senator still hasn't acknowledged Biden's win.
- When ‘going the extra mile’ becomes a problemby ehinchliffe on 23/11/2020 at 12:49 pm
A Danish energy trader found that certain job descriptions helped keep its workforce overwhelmingly male.
- How Trek Bicycles has kept a great culture rolling in a fast-moving 2020by lbelanger225 on 23/11/2020 at 12:00 pm
Bike sales have taken off amid the pandemic, creating unprecedented pressure to keep employees and customers healthy.
- Brainstorm Tech is particularly timely this yearby Alan Murray on 23/11/2020 at 10:29 am
We're all trying to understand how the sweeping changes of the past year will reshape the future.