- Scenes of cities shut down by the coronavirus pandemicon 28/03/2020 at 7:28 pm
Cities around the world have been brought to a halt as governments ask citizens to stay inside until the pandemic spread slows.
- Amazon entices warehouse employees to grocery unit with higher payon 28/03/2020 at 7:04 pm
Amazon.com Inc is offering higher pay to recruit its own warehouse employees to pick and pack Whole Foods groceries.
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy announces a 90-day grace period on mortgage paymentson 28/03/2020 at 6:14 pm
Homeowners in the Garden State are getting a 90-day grace period on mortgages, according to Gov. Phil Murphy. In that time, late fees and other expenses will be waived, as well.
- Trump is considering 'enforceable' quarantine on New York, New Jersey and parts of Connecticuton 28/03/2020 at 4:43 pm
President Donald Trump said he could make the decision Saturday on whether to place a two-week quarantine on the areas, which are
- Top tech stock analyst Sacconaghi ranks his best picks to ride out the coronavirus slowdownon 28/03/2020 at 3:19 pm
Toni Sacconaghi, a top technology analysts at Bernstein, said in the near-term, IBM, HP and Apple are the best-positioned to face the coronavirus sell-off.
- The market is so haywire some Wall Street strategists threw in the towel on giving S&P 500 targetson 28/03/2020 at 3:10 pm
Chief market strategists at BMO Capital, Oppenheimer and Canaccord Genuity have all suspended their year-end targets on the S&P 500.
- The US economy has come to a standstill, satellite imagery showson 28/03/2020 at 2:50 pm
The coronavirus crisis is bringing the United States economy to screeching halt, as satellite imagery shows every sector getting hit.
- The traditional retirement portfolio of stocks and bonds is down 20% for only the fourth timeon 28/03/2020 at 2:35 pm
The traditional portfolio of 60% stocks and 40% bonds suffered a greater than 20% decline from its peak value.
- Regulations slow urgent hiring of doctors and nurses amid coronavirus outbreak, staffing firms sayon 28/03/2020 at 2:22 pm
Medical staffing firms say easing licensing rules is necessary to help meet the demand for doctors and nurses in states with the worst coronavirus outbreaks.
- This Uber driver made $600 a week before the coronavirus outbreak — now he makes $0on 28/03/2020 at 2:16 pm
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, many Uber drivers have watched their income come screeching to a halt.
- Catch Feelings, Not COVID: Project brings New York singles together through video speed-datingon 28/03/2020 at 1:46 pm
Single New York millennials have started doing blind, speed dates over video calls as a way to maintain their dating lives amid the stay-at-home order put in place due to the coronavirus.
- This is the biggest lesson investors can learn from recent exchange-traded note liquidations: CIOon 28/03/2020 at 1:46 pm
There are differences between ETFs and exchange-traded notes that are worth remembering. Certain ETNs liquidate during historic market swings, industry leaders say.
- Trump pushes back against congressional oversight for $500 billion bailout fundon 28/03/2020 at 1:40 pm
Democrats cheered the addition of an inspector general as a victory, but Trump said the watchdog needs his permission to make reports to Congress.
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump weighs NY quarantine, France orders 1 billion maskson 28/03/2020 at 1:39 pm
This is CNBC's 24-hour blog covering all the latest news on the coronavirus outbreak.
- Coronavirus hits already struggling US farmers: 'We've stopped saying it can't get worse'on 28/03/2020 at 1:01 pm
Farm trade groups are lobbying the Trump administration to provide financial aid for farmers enduring price drops amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Shedding tears, negotiating refunds and Zoom weddings: Getting married in the age of coronaviruson 28/03/2020 at 12:01 pm
People around the country have had to cancel their weddings as group gatherings are banned and travel restricted. That's led to job losses, creative thinking, and acceptance that ideal weddings sometimes can't happen as planned.
- Op-Ed: Coronavirus will hit emerging markets with devastating forceon 28/03/2020 at 11:01 am
In short, developing countries – even as they act to save themselves – must shift greater attention to fragile states, where the hit from the virus is likely to be far more devastating, destabilizing, and enduring, writes Fred Kempe.
- Sports franchises could qualify for loans under $2 trillion coronavirus relief billon 27/03/2020 at 11:41 pm
Sports leagues throughout the U.S. attempting to retain employees affected by current work stoppages could get loans from the $2 trillion relief bill.
- Trump says he told Pence not to call governors who aren't 'appreciative' of his coronavirus helpon 27/03/2020 at 10:48 pm
Trump said that Pence "calls all the governors" about the coronavirus. "And I say, 'Mike, don't call the governor of Washington.'"
- Airbnb freezes hiring and suspends marketing due to coronaviruson 27/03/2020 at 10:28 pm
Airbnb will institute a hiring freeze and suspend its marketing as the company braces adjusts to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on its business.