- Senate GOP leader McConnell offers short-term debt ceiling extension following Biden pressureon 06/10/2021 at 5:58 pm
President Joe Biden and Democratic leaders in Congress amped up pressure on Republicans to act on the debt limit.
- Activist group Jana calls on Macy's to spin off its e-commerce business, report sayson 06/10/2021 at 5:44 pm
Activist investor Jana Partners is reportedly encouraging the department store chain Macy's to spin off its e-commerce business.
- Affirm shares jump 15% after online lender partners with Target ahead of holiday shopping seasonon 06/10/2021 at 5:00 pm
Affirm's buy now, pay later service is gaining traction among a growing number of large retailers as more commerce shifts online.
- Default would threaten national security, keep troops from getting paid, Pentagon chief sayson 06/10/2021 at 4:53 pm
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Wednesday warned he won't be able to ensure troops receive their pay on time if the U.S. defaults.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Dow Inc, General Motors, U.S. Steel and moreon 06/10/2021 at 4:52 pm
These are the stocks posting the largest moves in midday trading.
- NASA moves two astronauts off delayed Boeing missions to SpaceX in rare reassignmenton 06/10/2021 at 4:15 pm
NASA moved a pair of astronauts off of Boeing's first two crewed missions, in a rare reassignment as the Starliner capsule remains delayed in development.
- Hacker breaches Amazon's Twitch video site, exposing future product planson 06/10/2021 at 4:03 pm
The hacker exposed details on payments to content creators and an unreleased product from Amazon Game Studios.
- GM plans to double annual sales by 2030 to $280 billion in digital push to be seen more like Teslaon 06/10/2021 at 4:00 pm
GM kicks off the first of a two-day investor meeting where it will detail exactly how it will grow revenue and profit margins.
- Will DC actually regulate Facebook following the child safety concerns?on 06/10/2021 at 3:51 pm
Leaked documents from a Facebook whistleblower could help some tech legislation get over the finish line, lawmakers said.
- These stocks offer stability when market volatility spikeson 06/10/2021 at 3:17 pm
October is off to a rocky start, but history shows certain stocks could give investors a smooth ride.
- Bitcoin jumps to nearly 5-month high, topping $55,000 on Wednesdayon 06/10/2021 at 2:42 pm
Bitcoin extended its rally Wednesday, climbing above $55,000 for the first time in five months.
- Toymakers warn delays in stocking retail shelves could create a 4-month holiday hangoveron 06/10/2021 at 2:28 pm
Toy manufacturers are dealing with a bottleneck in the global transportation pipeline that threatens to keep popular products from shelves this holiday season.
- Americans are paying the most for gas in seven yearson 06/10/2021 at 2:19 pm
The national average for a gallon of gas is at the highest since 2014, and in some places consumers are paying more than $5 per gallon.
- As Wall Street sees a Chinese stock market 'on sale,' others warn 'that game is over'on 06/10/2021 at 1:52 pm
As equity market volatility rises, investors are looking for depressed opportunities. For some, that means China, in spite of recent government intervention.
- Biden enlists big bank CEOs, AARP in push to raise debt ceiling 12 days before deadlineon 06/10/2021 at 1:51 pm
President Joe Biden will on Wednesday escalate his call for Congress to address the debt limit in a meeting with Wall Street's top CEOs.
- How GM hopes to woo Wall Street during its two-day investor eventon 06/10/2021 at 1:10 pm
Wall Street is expecting a lot from GM's investor event — from specific revenue targets to new details about its electric and autonomous vehicle operations.
- Facebook is getting hammered by lawmakers, consumers and even investorson 06/10/2021 at 12:30 pm
Following its most challenging month in more than three years, Facebook's social media empire is showing some major cracks.
- Why Tesla's solar business has not yet taken off as Elon Musk promisedon 06/10/2021 at 12:30 pm
It’s been five years since Tesla acquired SolarCity. CNBC interviewed experts and Tesla solar customers to see how the company is delivering on its promises.
- Long Covid now has a formal definition. Here’s what you need to knowon 06/10/2021 at 12:29 pm
Health experts say long Covid is clearly of public health concern, given the substantial impact it has on society.
- Companies hired at a brisk pace in September despite fears about Covid and the economy, ADP sayson 06/10/2021 at 12:15 pm
Private jobs rose by 568,000 for the month, better than the Dow Jones estimate of 425,000 and ahead of the downwardly revised 340,000 in August.