- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: RH, Nike, Lyft, PG&E and moreon 15/11/2019 at 6:33 pm
Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading:
- Twitter unveils final details for political ad ban, but it's still looking murkyon 15/11/2019 at 6:30 pm
Twitter laid out the framework for its new policy on political ads, which bans certain advertisers and has stricter rules for issue ads.
- Warren Buffett has been on a bit of a cold streak, but that might be over as bank stocks reboundon 15/11/2019 at 6:04 pm
It's no secret that Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway has had a lackluster couple of years. But 2019 is shaping up to be a rebound.
- Democratic billionaire Marc Lasry says stock market would fall 20%-30% if Warren wins presidencyon 15/11/2019 at 5:50 pm
Lasry is the latest major Wall Street investor to warn about the damage the stock market could sustain in the event of a Sen. Elizabeth Warren victory.
- Economic growth is close to zero for the fourth quarter, according to Fed gaugeson 15/11/2019 at 5:23 pm
The Atlanta Fed's GDPNow says growth is likely to come in at 0.3%. The New York Fed's GDP Nowcast is showing a gain of 0.4%.
- Talk about trade-war progress moves the market — even when there is no progresson 15/11/2019 at 5:17 pm
The stock market has moved on virtually every U.S.-China trade headline for nearly two years.
- United extends grounding of 737 Max fleet to early Marchon 15/11/2019 at 5:00 pm
United Airlines is following Southwest and American Airlines in delaying the return of the Boeing 737 Max on its flight schedules into early March.
- The analyst who sniffed out Buffett and Icahn moves believes someone big is buying Netflixon 15/11/2019 at 4:55 pm
The Gordon Haskett analyst who discovered Carl Icahn was investing in HP now says someone looks to be buying a stake in Netflix.
- Google exercises more direct control over search results than it has admitted, report claimson 15/11/2019 at 4:49 pm
Google is facing multiple antitrust investigations and claims of bias from conservative lawmakers.
- Trump ally Roger Stone found guilty of lying to Congress, witness tamperingon 15/11/2019 at 4:47 pm
Roger Stone, a longtime friend and confidant of President Trump, is convicted of all counts for lying to Congress.
- House ethics committee reveals separate probes into two congressmen on the same dayon 15/11/2019 at 3:59 pm
The House ethics committee on Thursday revealed separate probes into Florida Reps. Alcee Hastings and Ross Spano.
- JP Morgan adds Lyft to its top internet picks, joining Netflix, Amazon and Facebookon 15/11/2019 at 3:42 pm
Lyft just landed a spot on J.P. Morgan's top internet picks list, alongside streaming company Netflix, e-commerce giant Amazon and tech titan Facebook.
- Nike just 'tip of the iceberg' of companies ditching Amazon and selling directly to consumerson 15/11/2019 at 3:33 pm
The direct-to-consumer movement is "another megatrend starting," says Tim Armstrong, ex-CEO of AOL who started an online shopping disruptor.
- Trump attacks ambassador as she testifies that his words in Ukraine call made her feel threatenedon 15/11/2019 at 3:27 pm
House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff suggests that Trump's tweets are an attempt at "witness intimidation."
- T. Rowe, Fidelity get green light to launch special funds allowing them to join the ETF boomon 15/11/2019 at 3:27 pm
Asset managers including T. Rowe Price, Natixis and Fidelity have won the preliminary regulatory approval to launch nontransparent ETFs.
- Ray Dalio says 'capital wars' will be the next front in the US-China economic conflicton 15/11/2019 at 3:26 pm
The economic fight between the U.S. and China could next blossom into a war over investing capital, hedge fund magnate Ray Dalio said Thursday.
- Mark Cuban says Jeff Bezos would be a 'good' addition to the NFL ownership groupon 15/11/2019 at 3:03 pm
CBS Sports reported that Bezos, 55, may be interested in acquiring an NFL team, and The Washington Post, which Bezos owns, said the billionaire "may or may not want to buy" the Seattle Seahawks.
- Trump aims to make tight Louisiana governor race a referendum on his economyon 15/11/2019 at 2:41 pm
President Trump and Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards are taking credit for Louisiana's economy ahead of a key gubernatorial runoff.
- Here are the biggest analyst calls of the day: Qualcomm, Nvidia, Apple & moreon 15/11/2019 at 2:02 pm
Here are the biggest calls on Wall Street on Friday
- Scenes of Venice battling historic floodson 15/11/2019 at 1:55 pm
Venice was hit with high water levels again on Friday, just days after the city was underwater in what was the lagoon city's worst flood in more than 50 years.