- Senate takes first step toward passing $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill — here's what happens nexton 04/03/2021 at 8:20 pm
Senate Democrats hope to pass the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill by this weekend as they try to renew unemployment aid programs.
- Art Cashin on the Fed, ‘If the market believes they lost control, that’s just as dangerous.’on 04/03/2021 at 7:15 pm
Wall Street veteran Art Cashin told CNBC the bond market continues to be the primary focus for investors, in addition to the space of economic recovery.
- Somebody hijacked Salesforce's LinkedIn account and posted support for Black Lives Matteron 04/03/2021 at 6:34 pm
The incident comes after two Black Salesforce employees pointed to workplace issues in resignation letters they published on LinkedIn.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Snowflake, Palantir, Vroom and moreon 04/03/2021 at 5:18 pm
Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading.
- Amazon wants to be the exclusive provider of all Thursday NFL games starting in 2023on 04/03/2021 at 5:15 pm
If the NFL gives Amazon exclusive Thursday game rights, it would be the first time a streaming service owned an exclusive package of games.
- Fed Chairman Powell says economic reopening could cause inflation to pick up temporarilyon 04/03/2021 at 5:15 pm
Powell said he expects some inflationary pressures in the time ahead but they likely won't be enough to spur the central bank to hike interest rates.
- What Google’s latest cookie announcement means for top ad-tech stocks, according to analystson 04/03/2021 at 4:03 pm
Analysts sounded off on Google's latest guidance on its promise to not use technologies that track people individually across the internet.
- SPACs are becoming less of a sure thing as the deals get stranger, shares roll overon 04/03/2021 at 3:16 pm
Sponsors are rushing to get their deals done in an increasingly crowded space with nearly 60 SPACs identifying their merger targets in February alone.
- Disney just showed what a post-pandemic economy will look likeon 04/03/2021 at 2:50 pm
Covid-19 created new consumer habits that will stick around after the pandemic.
- Heavily shorted Tanger Outlet stock pops 20% in sudden move, then pulls backon 04/03/2021 at 2:41 pm
The retail stock may be the latest attempted short squeeze by traders in 2021.
- Amazon accused of copying camera gear maker’s top-selling itemon 04/03/2021 at 2:28 pm
San Francisco-based Peak Design is calling out Amazon for copying its top-selling "Everyday Sling" bag.
- Dorsey's Square is acquiring a majority stake in Jay-Z's streaming music company Tidalon 04/03/2021 at 1:36 pm
The deal is expected to be a mix of cash and stock of $297 million.
- Weekly jobless claims rise less than expected despite weather impacton 04/03/2021 at 1:32 pm
First-time claims for unemployment benefits totaled 750,000 last week, up from 736,000 the week before but below the 750,000 estimate.
- The fastest-growing tech companies of 2020 look toward a post-Covid worldon 04/03/2021 at 1:30 pm
Seven tech companies valued at $5 billion or more increased revenue by at least 100% last year, though they all face big questions in 2021.
- Monthly auto loan payments surge to records as borrowing hits biggest one-year jump, Experian sayson 04/03/2021 at 1:00 pm
The average monthly new auto loan payment is approaching $600 according to Experian, which analyzes millions of new and used vehicle loans.
- Millions of Americans are moving to the suburbs. Here's how much you need to earn to buy a houseon 04/03/2021 at 1:00 pm
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, millions of Americans want to move from the city to the suburbs. Here's how much you need to earn to buy a house.
- 'Buzz' ETF tracking social media sentiment launches Thursday amid Reddit manias in stockson 04/03/2021 at 12:35 pm
The Van Eck Vectors Social Sentiment ETF (BUZZ) selects 75 stocks with the most bullish social media sentiment and packages them into an ETF.
- UFC agrees to show DraftKings betting odds in its broadcastson 04/03/2021 at 12:30 pm
The agreement grants DraftKings the rights to be UFC's sportsbook partner and includes rights to licensing a countdown clock.
- One casino stock stands out as a leader amid a sector rally, traders agreeon 04/03/2021 at 12:29 pm
Casino stocks are on a hot streak, but traders say one name stands out among the pack.
- Billionaire investor Ron Baron's firm sold 1.8 million Tesla shareson 04/03/2021 at 12:26 pm
Baron, a longstanding Tesla shareholder, said that his firm sold the shares because they were becoming too large a percentage of some portfolios.