Testosterone test measuring the amount of testosterone present in your blood
This test will measure the amount of testosterone which is present in your blood.
Testosterone is a hormone, secreted by a man’s testes and is responsible for maintaining a number of important bodily functions. Such functions include the development of muscle mass and strength, maintaining adequate levels of red blood cells, bone density, male fertility and sexual function.
Irregular or low levels of testosterone can lead to erectile dysfunction, infertility or cardiovascular disease in men. This test will give you a clear indication of your testosterone levels and can help identify a means of restoring your testosterone levels to a normal range.
What does it test for?
This test will measure the amount of testosterone in your body.
Causes of testosterone deficiency include:
- Injury or infection of the testicles
- Chemotherapy or radiation treatment
- Genetic abnormalities including Klinefelter’s syndrome
- Hemochromatosis (overproduction of iron)
- Performance enhancing drugs or substances
- Dysfunction of the pituitary gland
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes
Who should get tested?
All men should monitor their testosterone levels and particularly those who:
- Suffer from low energy or fatigue
- Suffer from erectile dysfunction
- Experience a low sex drive or lidido
- Have difficulties conceiving with a partner
- Take certain medications known to affect testosterone levels
- Take performance enhancing supplements known to affect testosterone levels
Test kit contents
- Test box (88x120mm)
- Anonymised patient ID
- Blood sample collection tube
- Finger prick lancets
- User guide
- Biohazard bag
- Pre-paid return envelope
Why it is important to test your testosterone levels?
Testosterone levels decline from the age of 30 but can be accelerated by a number of factors to include stress, obesity, genetic disorders, lack of exercise, medications or performance enhancing supplements.
If detected early, lifestyle choices or treatments can very effective at reducing long term complications such as erectile dysfunction, infertility or cardiovascular disease can be removed.
Testosterone is critical to a man’s performance and controls muscle mass, strength, adequate levels of red blood cells, bone density, a sense of well-being, fertility and sexual function.
Hoe to provide a sample
Watch our instructional video to see how easy it is to collect your sample.