Hormone test providing a broad picture of a man’s hormone health
The male hormone test provides a broad picture of a man’s hormonal health by looking at Testosterone, Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and Free Androgen Index. SHBG is a hormone produced by the liver which binds itself to a man’s testosterone. This process makes a man’s testosterone non bioavailable – meaning that it cannot be used. Free Androgen Index will calculate that amount of free testosterone or bioavailable testosterone in your blood.
Irregular or low levels of testosterone can lead to erectile dysfunction, infertility or cardiovascular disease in men.
What does it test for?
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
- Free Androgen Index
Who should get tested?
All men should monitor their testosterone levels and particularly those who:
- Suffer from low energy or fatigue
- Suffer from erectile dysfunction
- Experience a low sex drive or lidido
- Have difficulties conceiving with a partner
- Take certain medications known to affect testosterone levels
- Take performance enhancing supplements known to affect testosterone levels
Test kit contents
- Test box (88x120mm)
- Anonymised patient ID
- Blood sample collection tube
- Finger prick lancets
- User guide
- Biohazard bag
- Pre-paid return envelope
Why getting tested is important
Male Hormones decrease with age
Your hormonal balance changes over time, and can decrease by 50% in your 30’s compared to earlier in life .
One in six couples
1 in 6 couples of reproductive age experience difficulties conceiving a child.
Lifestyle choices such as diet, BMI, smoking, alcohol and caffeine can adversely affect your fertility status.
How to provide a sample
Watch our instructional video to see how easy it is to collect your sample.