Global News – Canada
- Defence committee meets as Tories push for probe on Vance allegationsby Amanda Connolly on 09/02/2021 at 7:35 pm
Gen. Jonathan Vance is facing allegations of inappropriate behaviour with two female subordinates and the defence committee is set to hear a motion for emergency meetings.
- Guelph reports only 1 new cases of COVID-19, 2 more deathsby Matt Carty on 09/02/2021 at 7:33 pm
Wellington County did not report any new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday but did report one more death linked to the disease.
- KFL&A one of three Ontario public health regions to have COVID-19 restrictions liftedby Darryn Davis on 09/02/2021 at 7:32 pm
"I think it's a recognition of the hard work that happened here in our community to bring our case numbers down," said Kingston Mayor Bryan Paterson.
- Manitoba churches question Dr. Roussin’s pandemic powers in court hearingby Brittany Greenslade on 09/02/2021 at 7:27 pm
A legal battle is brewing inside a Manitoba courtroom as a group argues against the province's chief public health officer's powers, saying they're too broad and far-reaching.
- Better Business Bureau Atlantic’s president faces child pornography chargeby Alexander Quon on 09/02/2021 at 7:26 pm
Peter Moorhouse has now been suspended as CEO and president of the organization. RCMP say he is part of several community groups that 'may have given him access to youth.'
- Manitoba reports 3 additional coronavirus deaths, 75 new casesby Shane Gibson on 09/02/2021 at 7:24 pm
Since the coronavirus was first identified in Manitoba last March 853 people have now died and 30,360 cases have been reported.
- Hinshaw will give Alberta COVID-19 update after Shandro calls Pfizer dose change ‘frustrating’by Emily Mertz on 09/02/2021 at 7:23 pm
Alberta's health minister said Health Canada's decision to approve the Pfizer vaccine label for six doses means provinces are going to end up with fewer doses.
- MOH considers imposing travel restrictions into Kingston by ordering ID checksby Alexandra Mazur on 09/02/2021 at 7:23 pm
Kingston's medical officer of health says the region's green zone is only meant for locals, not for others regions in Ontario under lockdown.
- Remote hacker tries to poison Florida city’s water supplyby Josh K. Elliott on 09/02/2021 at 7:23 pm
An unidentified hacker took remote control of a water treatment plant in Oldsmar, Fla., police say.
- Winnipeg police make 2nd arrest in violent spring carjackingby Sam Thompson on 09/02/2021 at 7:20 pm
A second arrest has been made in connection with a violent carjacking this past spring that saw a Winnipeg senior run over by his own car, police said.