Global News – Canada
- Trump says Iran will be hit with reimposed UN sanctions. What does that mean?on 20/09/2020 at 3:34 am
Thirteen of the 15 U.N. Security Council members, including long-time U.S. allies, say Washington's move is void and diplomats say few countries are likely to reimpose the measures however.
- Thai demonstrators march in thousands as protests for government reform escalateon 20/09/2020 at 3:14 am
Protesters have grown ever bolder during two months of demonstrations against Thailand's palace and military-dominated establishment, breaking a long-standing taboo on criticising the monarchy -- which is illegal under lese majeste laws.
- Several more COVID-19 exposures reported in B.C. schoolsby Simon Little on 20/09/2020 at 1:32 am
The latest cases join a growing list of COVID-19 exposures in B.C. schools.
- Woman charged in ‘apparent hate crime’ on Vancouver busby Kristen Robinson on 20/09/2020 at 1:20 am
The female suspect allegedly "ridiculed and mocked the teen's ethnicity" and became increasingly aggressive, telling her, "Your smile is making me want to punch you in the face."
- Basic income rally held at Alberta legislature grounds amid looming CERB deadlineby Chris Chacon on 20/09/2020 at 1:17 am
With the Canada Emergency Response Benefit soon coming to an end, many unemployed Edmontonians are lobbying the federal government.
- Vancouver theatre company among first in Canada to relaunch during COVID-19by Simon Little on 20/09/2020 at 1:13 am
"It is a huge step towards normalcy, I have had people say to me, 'All I need is to see a show, and I can't wait to come and see something.'"
- Dawson College cuts ties with former teacher at the heart of sexual harassment allegationsby Phil Carpenter on 20/09/2020 at 12:59 am
There have been more than 10 allegations of harassment and sexual harassment by students against long-time theatre teacher Winston Sutton.
- COVID-19 possibly exposed to 4 Regina businesses, including Costco: SHAby Mickey Djuric on 20/09/2020 at 12:50 am
The businesses were exposed on Thursday and Friday.
- BC NDP election hopeful calling on party to apply gender mandate, block Nathan Cullen from considerationby Richard Zussman on 20/09/2020 at 12:23 am
Annita McPhee, an Indigenous advocate who served three terms as president of the Tahltan Central Government has filed NDP nomination paperwork in the northern B.C. riding of Stikine.
- Superspreader events the biggest threat in surging coronavirus cases, deathsby Mike Drolet on 20/09/2020 at 12:23 am
Six months after the coronavirus pandemic was declared, cases counts and fatalities are still rising — due in part, health experts say, to superspreader events.