Global News – Canada
- Fire worries extend to Vancouver amid prolonged hot, dry weatherby Simon Little on 04/07/2021 at 12:10 am
'The most common cause, and almost the exclusive cause, of fires in the city of Vancouver is improperly discarded smoking material,' said Vancouver Fire Capt. Jonathan Gormick.
- Canada’s airline industry is planning restart ‘in a vacuum’ as it awaits federal guidanceby Will Reimer on 04/07/2021 at 12:06 am
With climbing vaccination rates and a modest improvement in the COVID-19 situation, Canada's airlines are looking for some certainty from the federal government.
- Tomahawk wildfire west of Parkland County causing flare-ups, resident concernby Morgan Black on 04/07/2021 at 12:00 am
A wildfire in Alberta is experiencing flare-ups after an extremely hot and dry week across the province. It comes as more than 30 new Alberta wildfires have sparked.
- ‘We’ll fight’: Canadiens not ready to call it quits ahead of elimination gameon 03/07/2021 at 11:44 pm
The Canadiens are thinking about how they can get back to a style of play that propelled them on this improbable playoff journey.
- Mermaid spotted in Lethbridge during Shoreline Cleanupby Jessica Robb on 03/07/2021 at 11:28 pm
Hoping to inspire others to take care of Lethbridge's environment, a magical creature appeared on Saturday to take part in the Helen Schuler Nature Centre's Shoreline Cleanup.
- ASIRT investigate fatal shooting in west Edmontonby Slav Kornik on 03/07/2021 at 11:10 pm
'Based on the evidence available, it is not believed either of the officers discharged their service weapons,' Edmonton police said in a news release.
- Police charge Belleville woman in Myers Pier collisionby Darryn Davis on 03/07/2021 at 11:03 pm
Police have charged a Belleville woman with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death following a single-vehicle collision at Myers Pier on June 28.
- ‘Shocking’: Truck on quiet Vernon road peppered with bullets in morning shootingby Darrian Matassa-Fung on 03/07/2021 at 10:56 pm
Residents told Global News the shooting was a surprise, adding they consider the area to be extremely quiet.
- Invermere pelted by hail despite raging wildfires, smoky skies in other regions of B.C.by Doyle Potenteau on 03/07/2021 at 10:50 pm
'It pretty much came out of nowhere, and it was quite strange as several different places in the valley had different experiences,' said Pete Bourke of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Election day in Kahnawà:ke as voters gather to select new council, Grand Chiefby Phil Carpenter on 03/07/2021 at 10:47 pm
In addition to filling 11 council chief positions, the votes were held to fill the vacancy left after the passing of longtime Grand Chief Joe Norton in 2020.