Global News – Canada
- RCMP investigate Flin Flon homicide after Saskatchewan man killedby Kevin Hirschfield on 23/07/2022 at 2:07 am
A 26-year-old man from Flin Flon has been charged with second-degree murder after a Saskatchewan man was found dead in the town.
- Man accused of knocking B.C. mom and toddler to the ground appears in courtby Kristen Robinson on 23/07/2022 at 1:43 am
Shackwan David Kelly was arrested Thursday, after a witness recognized him from media reports about the case.
- London, Ont. police investigate fatal pedestrian collisionby Scott Monich on 23/07/2022 at 1:25 am
Emergency crews responded to the area of Wellington Rd. and Southdale Rd. East just before 5:30 p.m. Friday following a serious collision involving a pedestrian.
- Sicamous, B.C. residents argue health facility site should be a parkby Megan Turcato on 23/07/2022 at 1:22 am
Some residents of Sicamous are pushing back against the planned location for the new Shuswap Healing Centre. The facility would be the new home for the community's doctors.
- Blue Jays’ Tapia hits inside-the-park grand slam vs Red Soxon 23/07/2022 at 1:22 am
BOSTON (AP) — Toronto's Raimel Tapia hit an inside-the-park grand slam Friday night after Boston Red Sox center fielder Jarren Duran lost the ball in the Fenway Park lights and didn't hustle after it.
- Calgary, surrounding communities say Airdrie urgent care closures will impact regionby Adam MacVicar on 23/07/2022 at 1:06 am
The urgent care facility at the Airdrie Community Health Centre will close temporarily on weekend nights from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. for eight weeks due a lack of doctors.
- Okanagan lifeguard shortage hindering summer plans for someby Jayden Wasney on 23/07/2022 at 12:58 am
This is the first summer since 2019 where public health restrictions aren’t in place, but a lack of swimming instructors may further keep kids from learning to swim.
- High-tech and traditional knowledge combine in Sumas First Nation salmon planby Simon Little on 23/07/2022 at 12:53 am
The Sumas First Nation in Abbotsford, B.C., is using sonar and on-the-river observation to track salmon stocks in real time.
- Vancouver approves 30-year city-wide development plan, contingent on approval by next councilby Simon Little on 23/07/2022 at 12:53 am
Implementing the goals of the plan will be up to the next mayor and council, elected in the October 15 municipal election, through an follow-up official development plan bylaw.
- Calls for tougher lifeguarding rules after pool scareon 23/07/2022 at 12:51 am
A scare at an apartment complex in East Kildonan Thursday has renewed calls for tougher safety rules.