Global News – Canada
- Gushue, Einarson to face Lott, Sahaidak in Canadian mixed doubles curling finalon 25/03/2021 at 11:28 pm
Brad Gushue and Kerri Einarson advanced to the final of the Canadian mixed doubles curling championship with a 7-6 semifinal win Thursday over John Morris and Danielle Schmiemann.
- Dentists seeing ‘mask mouth’ and stress-related issues during COVID-19 pandemicby Su-Ling Goh on 25/03/2021 at 11:26 pm
Dentists are noticing an increase in some dental health issues during the pandemic, from "mask mouth" to stress-related teeth grinding.
- Kelowna RCMP investigating report of stranger asking 2 boys to get into vehicleby Doyle Potenteau on 25/03/2021 at 11:26 pm
RCMP say the incident happened on Monday, March 22nd, around 1:30 p.m., along Arbor View Drive.
- Winnipeg fire chief defends members accused of ‘racial bias,’ condemns source of leaked reportby Shane Gibson on 25/03/2021 at 11:25 pm
Global News has obtained an inter-office memo to WFPS members dated Thursday that reveals WPFS Chief John Lane's comments slamming the report, and the confidentiality breach.
- 3 dead as tornadoes rip through Alabama, leaving path of destructionon 25/03/2021 at 11:03 pm
Three deaths were confirmed in Ohatchee, Alabama, about 60 miles northeast of Birmingham.
- $1.8 million in drugs seized in London related to Southern Ontario OPP investigationby Sawyer Bogdan on 25/03/2021 at 10:56 pm
Another person has been charged in connection with the eight-month-long southern Ontario investigation into several criminal networks trafficking drugs and guns.
- Alberta has spent more than $15M on COVID-19 awareness campaignsby Kirby Bourne on 25/03/2021 at 10:54 pm
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Alberta government has spent $15.4 million on advertising things like isolation supports and public health measures.
- Brazil hits record 100,000 COVID-19 cases in a dayon 25/03/2021 at 10:51 pm
Brazil's outbreak has set weekly records due to a patchy vaccine rollout, a lack of national coordination and an infectious new variant.
- Teen charged in deadly hit and run that killed 15-year-old Calgary boyby Heide Pearson on 25/03/2021 at 10:46 pm
Ibaad Yar was ejected from the Dodge Journey he's believed to have been driving, after it was rear-ended by a speeding Buick Allure while driving on 52 Street N.E. in May 2020.
- Telus to raise $1.3B in stock sale amid investment boosts in 5G, broadbandon 25/03/2021 at 10:37 pm
The company said it would sell 51.3 million of its shares to underwriters at $25.35 apiece, a 3.4 per cent discount to the stock's last close on the Toronto Stock Exchange.