CNN World News
- Massachusetts police standoff with heavily armed men ends in 11 arrestson 04/07/2021 at 12:35 am
A standoff overnight between Massachusetts State Police and "several heavily armed men" in the woods ended Saturday morning with 11 people arrested, authorities said.
- Atlanta woman wakes up to find a wild African cat on her bedon 04/07/2021 at 12:29 am
An Atlanta woman woke up to a surprise when a cat -- that was not hers -- jumped onto her bed Wednesday morning.
- Unvaccinated people are 'variant factories,' infectious diseases expert sayson 04/07/2021 at 12:24 am
Unvaccinated people do more than merely risk their own health. They're also a risk to everyone if they become infected with coronavirus, infectious disease specialists say.
- Search and rescue efforts at collapsed Surfside condo paused for demolition preparationon 04/07/2021 at 12:23 am
[Breaking news update at 6:30 p.m. ET]
- What moving abroad taught me about being Americanon 04/07/2021 at 12:16 am
Homesickness is a tricky thing.
- July 4 is the time to remove the asterisk from US citizenshipon 03/07/2021 at 11:46 pm
July 4th is always a moment to consider what it means to be an American -- and who counts as a citizen -- but this year also offers a unique opportunity to consider the holiday's legacy and how we might live up to its potential. As the country continues to grapple with the systemic racism inherent in so many of our political and social institutions, we cannot overlook the persistent second-class status of Puerto Rico, Guam, the American Virgin Islands and other US territories.
- A trans weightlifter's Olympic dream has sparked an existential debate on genderon 03/07/2021 at 11:41 pm
When New Zealand's Olympic weightlifting team gathered last month for a celebratory photo shoot, one person was noticeably absent: Laurel Hubbard.
- New ransomware attack targets key IT vendoron 03/07/2021 at 11:01 pm
US cyber officials are tracking a major new ransomware attack by the same group that hit meat supplier JBS Foods this spring.
- Tropical storm watch issued for Florida Keys as Elsa whips Dominican Republic and Haition 03/07/2021 at 10:27 pm
Hurricane Elsa is set to batter southern Hispaniola and Jamaica with heavy rain and high winds on Saturday and Cuba later this weekend, threatening flash flooding and mudslides in parts of those islands.
- Travelers are getting hit by sticker shock this summeron 03/07/2021 at 10:05 pm
American vacationers are finding just about everything significantly more expensive this summer.
- England powers past Ukraine to reach semifinals of Euros for first time in 25 yearson 03/07/2021 at 10:03 pm
England reached the semifinals of the European championships for the first time in 25 years after an impressive 4-0 win against Ukraine in Rome on Saturday.
- CDC warns not to swim with diarrhea, but all Twitter can focus on is the gif the agency usedon 03/07/2021 at 9:56 pm
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning against swimming with diarrhea this summer, and the visual it's using to give that warning is making quite a splash.
- Vaccine hesitancy continues for some younger Americans. Here's one reason whyon 03/07/2021 at 9:19 pm
Destiny Britt has given the Covid-19 vaccine a lot of thought and has no plans to get vaccinated anytime soon.
- Spread of the Delta variant may make it even harder to reach herd immunity, expert sayson 03/07/2021 at 8:35 pm
With so many areas in the United States with low vaccination rates, the spread of the Delta variant of the coronavirus will make it that much harder for the country to reach herd immunity, a top expert says.
- US updating evacuation plans for embassy in Afghanistan amid concerns for potential of escalating violenceon 03/07/2021 at 7:43 pm
US officials are actively updating emergency evacuation plans for the US embassy in Kabul, as concerns grow about the potential for escalating violence in the country while US troops near a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan, according to a US official and another source familiar with the planning.
- Picking up her own trash and yet to lose a set. Meet teen cleaning up at Wimbledonon 03/07/2021 at 6:42 pm
Briton Emma Raducanu is enjoying quite the start to her professional tennis career as the 18-year-old reached Wimbledon's fourth round on Saturday.
- Gas leak responsible for 'Eye of fire' in Mexican waters, says Mexican oil companyon 03/07/2021 at 5:32 pm
A blaze on the surface of the Gulf of Mexico resembling a large "eye of fire" has been brought under control, according to Mexico's state oil company Pemex.
- Vatican indicts 10 people, including a Cardinal, over an international financial scandalon 03/07/2021 at 4:37 pm
The Vatican has indicted 10 people, including an Italian cardinal, for several alleged financial crimes including extortion, corruption, fraud, forgery, embezzlement and abuse of power.
- Former South African president Jacob Zuma delays prison deadline with last ditch legal maneuveron 03/07/2021 at 4:31 pm
Jacob Zuma and his lawyers successfully delayed the former South African president's prison sentence for contempt of court on Saturday when the country's top court agreed to hear his application for a review of their decision to sentence him to 15 months in prison.
- Between 'Zola' and 'Heaux Tales,' women are owning their sexuality right nowon 03/07/2021 at 3:56 pm
If you can't be sexy in the summertime, when the H-O-T as hell can you be?