CNN World News
- Justice Breyer told Supreme Court colleagues about retirement after news broke, source sayson 28/01/2022 at 4:44 am
- Russian buildup near Ukraine has increased 'in the last 24 hours', Pentagon sayson 28/01/2022 at 4:44 am
- Fox commentators go off on Biden's vow to nominate Black woman for courton 27/01/2022 at 11:03 pm
CNN's Nia-Malika Henderson reacts to some conservative commentators blasting President Biden's plan to pick a Black woman for the Supreme Court.
- Honduras' first female president sworn inon 27/01/2022 at 10:44 pm
Xiomara Castro was sworn in as Honduras' first female president Thursday in the capital, Tegucigalpa.
- Northeast faces heavy snow and blizzard conditions this weekend, but models are still unclear on how bad it will beon 27/01/2022 at 10:30 pm
Heavy snow and strong winds are expected to slam some metro areas in the Northeast this weekend and millions will likely be under winter storm watches starting Friday.
- Manchin and Sinema have hurt Biden's agenda. What could it mean for his Supreme Court pick?on 27/01/2022 at 10:06 pm
- Europe could live with less Russian gas. A complete shutdown would be 'catastrophic'on 27/01/2022 at 9:34 pm
- Cori Bush's car struck by gunfire while the Missouri lawmaker was not in the vehicleon 27/01/2022 at 9:05 pm
The car of Democratic Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri was struck by gunfire early Saturday morning in the St. Louis area, a Bush spokesperson confirmed to CNN on Thursday.
- Jordan army kills 27 drug smugglers trying to enter from Syriaon 27/01/2022 at 8:40 pm
Jordanian soldiers killed 27 armed drug smugglers as they tried to enter the country from Syria on Thursday, an army spokesman said.
- Sarah Palin dines outdoors at restaurant two days after it's revealed she tested positive for Covid-19on 27/01/2022 at 8:08 pm
A Manhattan restaurant where Sarah Palin was spotted dining indoors while unvaccinated over the weekend confirmed that the former Alaska governor returned to dine outdoors on Wednesday.
- Minnie Mouse is trading her iconic red dress for a new lookon 27/01/2022 at 7:57 pm
For the first time in her nearly century-long life, Minnie Mouse will add a pantsuit to her wardrobe. And it won't be just any old pair of tailored slacks, but an iconic silhouette from British fashion designer Stella McCartney.
- 'Virginity' is a construct that puts girls' lives at risk. Time to let it goon 27/01/2022 at 7:34 pm
On Monday, the British government moved to make hymenoplasty, or "virginity repair" surgery -- with or without consent -- illegal.
- Oklahoma death row inmate who requested firing squad is executed by lethal injectionon 27/01/2022 at 7:32 pm
An Oklahoma death row inmate who had requested execution by firing squad was executed by lethal injection on Thursday, according to the state Department of Corrections.
- Gold is shining again as stocks wobble and cryptos melt downon 27/01/2022 at 7:31 pm
Stocks have slumped this year. So has bitcoin. But gold, by comparison, has had a fairly solid start to the year. The price of the yellow metal is roughly unchanged, hovering just below $1,800 an ounce.
- The US and its allies are racing to draw up contingency plans in case crucial gas supplies are choked offon 27/01/2022 at 7:28 pm
The United States and its allies are racing to draw up contingency plans in case supplies of Russian gas crucial to powering businesses and heating homes in Europe are choked off by conflict in Ukraine.
- Man charged with groping a flight attendant sentenced to six months in prisonon 27/01/2022 at 6:46 pm
A man charged with groping a flight attendant has been sentenced to six months in prison.
- A rocket booster could crash into the moon in the next few weekson 27/01/2022 at 6:45 pm
A rogue rocket booster could collide with the moon in the next few weeks, according to space experts, an event that could leave a crater on the far side of the moon.
- Vitamin D and fish oil supplements may help prevent autoimmune disease, study sayson 27/01/2022 at 6:26 pm
Older adults who took daiiy fish oil and vitamin D supplements for more than two years were nearly 30% less likely to develop autoimmune disorders, a new study says.
- Scientists slam 'absurd' and 'dangerous' climate denialism from Joe Rogan gueston 27/01/2022 at 5:45 pm
As podcaster Joe Rogan faces condemnation from medical scientists for spreading misinformation about vaccines and Covid-19, another interview by the controversial host this week has become the subject of mockery -- this time among climate scientists.
- How to think about boosters in light of this week's Pfizer and Moderna newson 27/01/2022 at 5:04 pm
Pfizer and BioNTech announced Tuesday that they're beginning a clinical trial for an Omicron-specific Covid-19 vaccine. Moderna had previously revealed plans to develop its own vaccine that targets the variant, which is by far the dominant one in the United States right now.