CNN World News
- The unused "miracle"on 07/10/2021 at 1:15 am
- Ethiopian Airlines shuttled arms during Tigray's civil war, CNN investigation finds. Experts say it may violate aviation lawon 07/10/2021 at 1:15 am
- Biden and Chinese President Xi agree in principle to hold virtual meetingon 06/10/2021 at 7:36 pm
The US and China have reached an agreement in principle for President Joe Biden to hold a virtual meeting with his counterpart Xi Jinping before the end of the year, a senior administration official said Wednesday.
- US high school shooter suspect in custodyon 06/10/2021 at 7:34 pm
Officers from several agencies are at the scene of a shooting at Timberview High School in Arlington, Texas, police said Wednesday.
- Russian hackers behind SolarWinds hack are trying to infiltrate US and European government networkson 06/10/2021 at 7:27 pm
The Russian hackers behind a successful 2020 breach of US federal agencies have in recent months tried to infiltrate US and European government networks, cybersecurity analysts tracking the group told CNN.
- 'We expected better': US-France tensions boil over in Blinken appearance on French TVon 06/10/2021 at 7:12 pm
Secretary of State Tony Blinken met with French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and French President Emmanuel Macon in Paris Tuesday amid tensions between the two countries.
- UK high court finds Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed hacked ex-wife's phone using spywareon 06/10/2021 at 7:03 pm
The ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, used agents of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to hack into and monitor the phones of his ex-wife Princess Haya bint al-Hussein, her legal advisors, and staff, during an ongoing custody battle concerning their two children, England's high court has ruled.
- WHO recommends widespread use of world's first malaria vaccine for childrenon 06/10/2021 at 6:58 pm
In what it called a "historic" move, the World Health Organization said Wednesday it has recommended widespread use of the world's first and only malaria vaccine among children in sub-Saharan Africa and other regions where there are moderate to high levels of malaria transmission.
- See how Israel's tree swapping saved hospital from wildfireson 06/10/2021 at 6:23 pm
CNN's Hadas Gold speaks with an Israeli forest fire expert about how the country's wildfire season has grown longer and a tree replanting initiative that is containing wildfire damage.
- Twitter is banned in Africa's most populous country. CNN presses official on whyon 06/10/2021 at 6:12 pm
CNN's Larry Madowo speaks to Tolu Ogunlesi, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari's Special Assistant on Digital and News Media, about the country's Twitter ban.
- Former US Envoy: 'Unconscionable' what's happening in Ethiopiaon 06/10/2021 at 6:02 pm
J. Peter Pham, former U.S. Envoy for the Sahel Region, says the international community bears a great deal of responsibility for propping up Ethiopia's Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.
- New UAE space mission will orbit Venus and land on an asteroidon 06/10/2021 at 5:42 pm
The United Arab Emirates is setting a course for Venus and the main asteroid belt. The new interplanetary mission, announced by the UAE Space Agency on Tuesday, will launch in 2028.
- Zuckerberg pushes back hard against the Facebook whistlebloweron 06/10/2021 at 5:03 pm
- Pope expresses 'shame' over Church response to sexual abuse survivors following French reporton 06/10/2021 at 4:53 pm
Pope Francis on Wednesday called a report detailing decades of abuse in the French Catholic Church "a moment of shame," and called upon leaders of the Church to ensure "similar tragedies" never happen again.
- Attorney: The Pope's comments today are 'just words'on 06/10/2021 at 4:07 pm
CNN's Becky Anderson speaks with attorney Mitchell Garabedian, who has represented thousands of sexual abuse victims, about a landmark report stating that members of the Catholic clergy in France sexually abused an estimated 216,000 minors over the past seven decades.
- Kabul airport ISIS-K bomber had been released from prison days earlieron 06/10/2021 at 3:38 pm
The ISIS-K suicide bomber who carried out a terrorist attack at Kabul international airport in late August, killing 13 US service members and dozens of Afghans, had been released from a prison near Kabul just days earlier when the Taliban took control of the area, according to three US officials.
- 'Luxury' 2,700-year-old toilet discovered in Jerusalemon 06/10/2021 at 3:35 pm
A 2,700-year-old toilet has been found during archaeological excavations of a former royal mansion in Jerusalem.
- Officials found a 13-inch split that was likely the source of a California oil spill. Here's what we knowon 06/10/2021 at 3:11 pm
Authorities believe they have identified the source of an oil spill off the California coast that has shuttered beaches and threatened wildlife. But as more information is revealed about the ecological emergency, more questions arise.
- The screwed-up supply chain may have caused California oil spill disasteron 06/10/2021 at 3:09 pm
The gridlock of massive container ships outside the United States' two busiest ports in Southern California has been blamed for all types of things:
- Nikki Haley doesn't want to 'go back to the days before Trump.' Why not?on 06/10/2021 at 3:08 pm
In advance of South Carolina's Republican presidential primary in the 2016 race, Nikki Haley was blunt about her feeling on frontrunner Donald Trump.