CNN World News
- Thousands of protesters gather in Bangkok, demanding reformon 20/09/2020 at 4:45 am
Thousands gathered in Thailand this weekend at a rally calling for reform, which culminated Sunday with a group attempting to march to the Monarch's Privy Council, next to the Royal Palace, to deliver their demands -- an explosive and unprecedented move in a country that reveres the monarchy.
- Senate Democrats open to more Supreme Court seatson 20/09/2020 at 2:35 am
• Here's why a Supreme Court battle could benefit the Republicans • Analysis: Ginsburg's death could reshape election
- Trump says he has approved a deal for purchase of TikTokon 20/09/2020 at 1:59 am
President Donald Trump said Saturday he has approved a deal between TikTok's parent company, ByteDance, and Oracle, though it is unclear whether it will be enough to avert restrictions on TikTok that are scheduled to go into effect Sunday evening.
- Torch-inspired Tokyo skyscraper to become Japan's tallest buildingon 20/09/2020 at 1:25 am
A 390-meter-high (1,279 feet) skyscraper inspired by a flaming torch is set to become Japan's tallest building when it opens in 2027.
- Two people were killed and 14 were wounded in Rochester shooting, police sayon 20/09/2020 at 12:27 am
Two people were killed and fourteen others were wounded during a shooting in Rochester, New York, police said early Saturday morning.
- Here's why a Supreme Court battle could benefit Republicanson 20/09/2020 at 12:11 am
- Blood amber is a portal into dinosaur times ... and an ethical minefieldon 20/09/2020 at 12:10 am
When it comes to dinosaurs, many of us think of towering skeletons dominating the atriums of the world's great natural history museums.
- How a teenager's tragic death became a battle over conspiracy and truthon 19/09/2020 at 11:45 pm
The crowd recoiled as tear gas canisters rained down on them and riot police advanced up the street, carrying shields and batons.
- Mexican archaeologists identify the first Mayan slave ship to have ever been discoveredon 19/09/2020 at 9:55 pm
Archaeologists in Mexico have confirmed that a shipwreck discovered off the coast of the Yucatan peninsula once carried captured Mayans who were sold into slavery.
- 7 continents, 1 wheelchair: Cory Lee's adventures show travel has no boundarieson 19/09/2020 at 9:53 pm
Going to Antarctica is a bucket list goal for many, but for Cory Lee, it was that and much more.
- NYC restaurants can soon add a Covid-19 surcharge to customers' billson 19/09/2020 at 7:56 pm
New York City diners may soon see a Covid-19 surcharge on their bills as the restaurant industry continues to hobble due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Americans living abroad fear their ballots won't make it in timeon 19/09/2020 at 7:43 pm
When Keith Silverang went to request his absentee ballot from the local election office in the county where he was last a permanent resident in the US, he followed the same procedure he's followed when voting abroad in every general presidential election since the early 1990s.
- Gareth Bale completes loan move to Tottenham Hotspur from Real Madridon 19/09/2020 at 7:35 pm
Gareth Bale completed a season-long loan move from Real Madrid to Tottenham on Saturday, seven years after leaving the English Premier League club.
- Manchester United sunk by former player Wilfried Zaha in sorry start to EPL seasonon 19/09/2020 at 7:34 pm
Manchester United made a sorry start to its English Premier League campaign on Saturday with a 3-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace as Wilfried Zaha scored twice against his former club.
- A London coffee shop is charging $64 for its premium brewon 19/09/2020 at 7:28 pm
Coffee connoisseurs, assemble!
- As Asia's 'travel bubbles' fail to materialize, travelers face a long winter at homeon 19/09/2020 at 7:22 pm
• Covid-19 can spread on airline flights: studies • New Covid-19 gargle test 'one of the first of its kind' in the world, doctor says
- 11 people are arrested after a demonstration outside a federal building in Portlandon 19/09/2020 at 6:06 pm
Police arrested 11 people in Portland, Oregon, after a demonstration outside a federal building Friday night, authorities said
- How it all went wrong (again) in Europe as second wave grips continenton 19/09/2020 at 5:24 pm
- The 'Biden rule' on SCOTUS McConnell cited in 2016on 19/09/2020 at 3:18 pm
When Mitch McConnell refused to hold hearings on Obama nominee Merrick Garland, he cited what he called 'The Biden Rule' about a 1992 speech the then-Senate Judiciary made.
- Brownstein: America 'headed to a crisis of legitimacy for majority rule'on 19/09/2020 at 3:14 pm
Ronald Brownstein says the number of SCOTUS justices installed by a party that has rarely won the popular vote portends a 'crisis of legitimacy'