CNN World News
- The US operation in Iraq could come to an embarrassing end. Iran's power will only growon 18/01/2020 at 7:59 am
Donald Trump hasn't pulled his troops out of Iraq, despite his pledge to end America's grinding wars. It turns out he may not have to. The US is facing the possibility of being kicked out, and that would be a big win for Iran.
- 4 people fatally shot in Utahon 18/01/2020 at 7:02 am
Four people were shot to death in a residence in Grantsville, Utah, Friday night, according to police.
- A 14-year-old girl was kidnapped by three men and used Snapchat to alert her friends, police sayon 18/01/2020 at 6:12 am
A 14-year-old girl who was kidnapped in Northern California used Snapchat to share her location with her friends, who then called 911, police said.
- Trump recounts minute-by-minute details of Soleimani strike to donors at Mar-a-Lagoon 18/01/2020 at 6:06 am
• The evolving US justification for killing Iran's top general
- A teen's final days with the fluon 18/01/2020 at 5:08 am
On Christmas Day, 16-year-old Kaylee Roberts opened presents at her aunt's house in suburban Cleveland, joyfully celebrating the holiday and laughing with her cousins.
- 3 more alleged members of white supremacist group The Base are arrested in Georgiaon 18/01/2020 at 4:15 am
Three Georgia men allegedly involved in a white supremacist group known as The Base have been arrested, the Floyd County Police Department announced Friday, one day after three other alleged group members were arrested in other parts of the country.
- The Wiggles singer Greg Page collapses during Australian bushfires relief concerton 18/01/2020 at 2:20 am
Greg Page, the original lead singer of the popular Australian children's music group The Wiggles, has been rushed to hospital during the band's charity concert for bushfire relief in Sydney.
- New impeachment documents show more texts about possible surveillance of former US ambassador to Ukraineon 18/01/2020 at 1:58 am
House Democrats on Friday released new documents from indicted Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas ahead of the Senate trial that includes new information about the apparent surveillance of former US Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch and additional contacts between Parnas and an aide to Rep. Devin Nunes of California.
- Evelyn Yang was assured justice. Here's how the doctor she says assaulted her went freeon 18/01/2020 at 1:14 am
Evelyn Yang's revelation that she was sexually assaulted by her OB-GYN has renewed national focus on a sweetheart plea deal between Manhattan's district attorney and her former doctor.
- Taal volcano eruption poses deadly dilemma for people living in its shadowon 18/01/2020 at 12:57 am
Maria Evangeline Tenorio Sarmiento struggles to wade through ankle-deep mud and debris to reach her house that's been inundated with thick sludge.
- See Lev Parnas photos just released by House Democratson 18/01/2020 at 12:53 am
New documents released by House Democrats include communications and photos from indicted Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas.
- Two actors die rehearsing Mexican TV serieson 17/01/2020 at 11:13 pm
Two actors fell off a bridge and died while working on the TV series "Sin Miedo a la Verdad," Mexican network Televisa announced on Friday.
- A former nurse suspected of killing dozens of children has been sentenced to life in prisonon 17/01/2020 at 9:51 pm
A former Texas nurse suspected of murdering dozens of young children decades ago was sentenced to life in prison Thursday after pleading guilty in San Antonio court to killing an 11-month-old boy in 1981.
- Boeing discovers issue with 737 Max flight computers, source sayson 17/01/2020 at 9:08 pm
Boeing's troubled 737 Max has run into a new glitch.
- Washington Post: Trump called top military brass in 2017 a 'bunch of dopes and babies'on 17/01/2020 at 8:24 pm
President Donald Trump reprimanded his top military brass in a 2017 meeting at the Pentagon, calling them a "bunch of dopes and babies" and telling them "you're all losers," according to a forthcoming book by two Washington Post reporters.
- Donald Trump's favorite 2016 map is incredibly misleadingon 17/01/2020 at 8:10 pm
During an event on school prayer on Thursday in the Oval Office, CNN's Betsy Klein spotted something interesting out on President Donald Trump's desk. It was a map.
- Families of Canadians killed in Iran crash to receive $25,000 to help with first expenses, Trudeau sayson 17/01/2020 at 7:47 pm
The families of Canadian citizens or permanent residents killed in the downing of a passenger plane in Iran will receive $25,000 per victim from the Canadian government to help with immediate needs, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Friday.
- Three US airports to check for signs of new virus from Chinaon 17/01/2020 at 7:24 pm
More than 100 staffers from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are being deployed to three US airports to check passengers arriving from Wuhan, China, for fever and other symptoms of a mysterious new virus that's killed two and infected dozens in China, the CDC announced Friday.
- Brazil's culture minister 'quotes Nazi leader'on 17/01/2020 at 6:13 pm
Brazilian Culture Minister Roberto Alvim apparently quoted Nazi Minister of Propaganda Joseph Goebbels in a video posted Thursday.
- Lewinsky offers colorful remark after Trump moveon 17/01/2020 at 5:45 pm
The announcement that former independent counsel Ken Starr is joining President Donald Trump's impeachment defense team surprised many on Friday, but one person, apparently, had an especially notable reaction to the news.