International News – CNBC
- 'Schitt's Creek' or 'The Good Place' could give cable a rare chance to shine at the Emmyson 19/09/2020 at 11:03 pm
Subscription-based services are creating more Emmy Award-nominated and -winning content than traditional cable networks.
- CDC reverses controversial coronavirus guidance that said people without symptoms may not need a teston 19/09/2020 at 8:55 pm
The new guidance says that people without symptoms who have been in close contact with an infected person "need a test."
- Coronavirus and luxury retail: Shopping for used Hermes, Cartier in Covid eraon 19/09/2020 at 6:30 pm
The RealReal and ThredUp boomed before coronavirus. Stores like Macy's and retailers like Walmart are trying apparel and accessories consignment. Can high-end pawn shops thrive in Covid?
- Sacramento Kings' Harrison Barnes talks coronavirus, social justice and his new role at First National Bankon 19/09/2020 at 2:00 pm
Sacramento Kings player named a shareholder and new board member of the Iowa-based firm in August.
- Food, fertilizer, fuel: Why the worldwide demand for seaweed is growingon 19/09/2020 at 1:00 pm
Seaweed is used in more than just sushi. It can be found in almond milk, baby food and lotion. Kelp is used in medicine, animal feed, fertilizer and even as a biofuel. Here’s why the global demand in seaweed is expected to boom in the coming years.
- A brewing U.S.-China tech cold war rattles the semiconductor industryon 19/09/2020 at 12:34 am
As trade tech tensions mount between the U.S. and China the U.S. semiconductor industry fears a tech cold war is brewing that could disrupt the global supply chain.
- Jim Cramer reacts to Unity stock market debut: 'Patience is a virtue'on 18/09/2020 at 11:01 pm
"Like all the other red-hot IPOs we've seen this week, you need to let Unity cool down before you even think about touching it," the "Mad Money" host said.
- Cramer's week ahead: The market will go lower until the big IPOs ease upon 18/09/2020 at 10:42 pm
"All the great earnings in the world won't save this Humpty Dumpty market if we keep getting slammed by people selling good [stocks] to buy the smoking-hot, 100-times sales IPOs," the "Mad Money" host said.
- Trump says U.S. will manufacture enough coronavirus vaccine doses for every American by Aprilon 18/09/2020 at 10:11 pm
President Donald Trump said Friday the U.S. will manufacture at least 100 million coronavirus vaccine doses before the end of the year with enough to inoculate every American by April.
- WHO says the coronavirus is killing about 50,000 people a week: 'That is not where we want to be'on 18/09/2020 at 7:35 pm
"The energy has not gone out of this pandemic," Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO's emergencies program, warned Friday.
- These charts show how wildfires are getting larger, more severe in the U.S.on 18/09/2020 at 5:39 pm
The U.S. is halfway through wildfire season, and this year is already one of the worst in history. Human-caused climate change has made blazes more frequent and intense.
- 'Pandemic fatigue' leads to resurgence of coronavirus in Europe where cases hit fresh records in France and Spainon 18/09/2020 at 5:06 pm
"Pandemic fatigue" has set in across parts of Europe, where the outbreak is on the rise again in some countries that were hailed early on for stamping out massive outbreaks.
- WHO says parts of Europe reporting 'worrying' rise in coronavirus hospitalizationson 18/09/2020 at 5:04 pm
Hospitalizations have doubled every eight days in the U.K., and parts of France have reported reaching capacity in their intensive-care units, WHO's Maria Van Kerkhove said.
- Watch live: The World Health Organization holds a press briefing on the coronavirus pandemicon 18/09/2020 at 2:44 pm
Israel on Friday entered a second nationwide lockdown, shuttering restaurants, hotels, gyms and more, amid soaring new cases and as the Jewish High Holiday season begins.
- Former F1 champion Nico Rosberg calls for governments to 'up their game’ on climate changeon 18/09/2020 at 1:55 pm
Former F1 world champion, Nico Rosberg, has told CNBC that global governments need to "up their game" to tackle the "shocking" impact of climate change.
- As cities around the world change, one expert stresses the importance of 'smart mobility'on 18/09/2020 at 1:27 pm
Around the world, technology and new ideas are changing the way urban environments operate.
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: Oracle, Tesla, Home Depot, Beyond Meat & moreon 18/09/2020 at 12:24 pm
These are the stocks posting the largest moves in the premarket, including Oracle, Tesla, Home Depot, Beyond Meat, and more.
- Op-ed: Markets are up and the economy is down. Here are some moves investors can makeon 18/09/2020 at 12:00 pm
The economy has struggled since the emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic, yet markets have recovered from an initial plunge and are now booming again. The disconnect can be disconcerting for investors, who should rebalance, diversify and maintain realistic expectations in the face of unprecendented world events.
- The list of countries where travelers can go live and work remotely is growingon 18/09/2020 at 5:35 am
More nations are inviting travelers to trade their home offices for the chance to live and work abroad during the global pandemic.
- Moderna trial investigator worries about political pressure in vaccine approval processon 17/09/2020 at 11:34 pm
"My only hope is that Dr. Hahn and the political appointees in the FDA stand up and basically say, 'No, we cannot have political pressure lead the FDA into making a decision,'" said Dr. Carlos del Rio of Emory University.
News – CNBC