International News – CNBC
- Op-Ed: The US and Russia should work together to defeat the coronaviruson 06/04/2020 at 4:46 am
Despite many differences, Russia and the United States have a lot in common.
- Coronavirus live updates: Singapore quarantines nearly 20,000 workers, South Korea reports fewer than 50 new caseson 06/04/2020 at 4:25 am
South Korea reported 47 new cases of infection, one of the lowest daily reported numbers for the country since late February.
- Airlines slash more than 90% of flights to coronavirus hot spot NYCon 06/04/2020 at 2:39 am
Newark and New York's JFK International Airport had been among the busiest airports in the country.
- Tiger at the Bronx Zoo tests positive for the coronavirus, British PM Boris Johnson admitted to hospital for testson 06/04/2020 at 1:11 am
Global cases surge past 1.2 million, U.S. deaths exceed 8,500.
- British PM Boris Johnson admitted to hospital for tests over 'persistent' coronavirus symptomson 06/04/2020 at 12:22 am
A Downing Street spokesperson said Johnson's hospitalization is precautionary. The news comes after the queen gave a rare televised address.
- Carnival's struggle to survive the coronavirus as outbreak wipes out the cruise industryon 06/04/2020 at 12:19 am
The coronavirus outbreak has laid waste to entire sectors of the global economy, but none faster than the cruise business.
- Tiger at the Bronx Zoo tests positive for the coronaviruson 06/04/2020 at 12:17 am
A 4-year-old tiger at the Bronx Zoo in New York has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Democratic lawmakers urge Mnuchin against 'unreasonable conditions' on airline coronavirus aidon 05/04/2020 at 9:58 pm
Leading House and Senate Democrats warned Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that onerous conditions on airline relief could cost workers their jobs.
- Boeing extends Seattle-area production shutdown until further notice amid coronavirus pandemicon 05/04/2020 at 9:45 pm
Boeing is making its production pause in the Seattle area indefinite because of the spread of coronavirus.
- Birx warns mortality will peak in NY, New Orleans and Detroit next weekon 05/04/2020 at 7:39 pm
Trump, during a White House briefing, said that 1,000 military personnel would be deployed to New York City and that he would seek more aid for small businesses if relief funds ran out.
- GM offers manufacturing blueprints for face masks to 600 auto parts suppliers amid virus pandemicon 05/04/2020 at 7:27 pm
In a note to the companies Saturday, Shilpan Amin, GM's vice president of Global Purchasing and Supply Chain, said it is making the company's step-by-step manufacturing plans for such personal protective equipment available to anyone willing to join in the cause.
- Navy captain fired after writing letter asking for coronavirus help has reportedly tested positiveon 05/04/2020 at 6:32 pm
Capt. Brett Crozier began to show symptoms of COVID-19 before he was removed from the USS Theodore Roosevelt, The New York Times reported.
- New Yorkers stop and give daily thanks and gratitude for coronavirus frontline workerson 05/04/2020 at 6:05 pm
Between the incessant screams of ambulance sirens rushing new patients to hospitals all day, and the non-stop negative news headlines, there is one moment each day in New York City that breaks up the daily monotony that is the new normal.
- Trump says 1,000 military personnel deploying to New York City, warns coming week toughest yet in coronavirus fighton 05/04/2020 at 4:55 pm
President Donald Trump on Saturday announced that 1,000 military personnel are deploying to New York City to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- Trump says Navy captain letter asking for help on coronavirus-stricken ship 'was terrible'on 05/04/2020 at 3:58 pm
"We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die. If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset — our Sailors," Crozier wrote in the letter.
- 'There is a light at the end of this tunnel.' Teamwork guru shares how to thrive at work amid coronavirus crisison 05/04/2020 at 2:31 pm
The coronavirus pandemic is a reminder that all businesses need to adapt as conditions change. With teams displaced, tips from Simon Sinek can help you keep ideas flowing to transform your business.
- Rocket startup Astra trims staff to survive pandemic until next yearon 05/04/2020 at 2:24 pm
San Francisco-area rocket builder Astra recently reduced its staff, a person told CNBC, in order to survive coronavirus delays.
- Demand for jigsaw puzzles is surging as coronavirus keeps millions of Americans indoorson 05/04/2020 at 2:16 pm
One game maker has seen U.S. puzzle sales soar 370% year over year in the past two weeks.
- New York fashion icons embrace Cuomo's coronavirus mask challengeon 05/04/2020 at 2:01 pm
New York City-based fashion designers, including Christian Siriano and Naeem Khan, are making masks for the coronavirus crisis as Gov. Andrew Cuomo pleads for more equipment.
- Firefighters say coronavirus will obstruct emergency service, evacuations as wildfire season closes inon 05/04/2020 at 1:16 pm
In wildfire-prone states like California and Washington, the coronavirus pandemic has already hindered emergency preparation for the upcoming season.
News – CNBC