International News – CNBC
- Death toll rises to 24 in Florida condo collapse, building demolition to proceed as early as Sundayon 03/07/2021 at 11:30 pm
Two more bodies were found in rubble at the partially collapsed Florida condominium building as search-and-rescue operations continue.
- Miami-Dade preparing for Tropical Storm Elsa as condo collapse search continueson 03/07/2021 at 8:16 pm
Elsa weakened to a tropical storm force but continued to plow toward Haiti and the Dominican Republic on Saturday.
- Boeing cargo plane makes emergency landing in ocean near Honolulu, both pilots rescuedon 03/07/2021 at 4:14 pm
Two pilots of a converted Boeing 737 freighter were rescued after they made an emergency landing off Honolulu early Friday.
- Carnival Cruise Line to launch first voyage from U.S. port since last yearon 03/07/2021 at 2:30 pm
The Carnival Vista is set to sail on Saturday out of Galveston, Texas, marking Carnival Cruise Line's first U.S. cruise since the pandemic halted operations.
- Just as the box office hit its stride, the delta variant appeared, with the power to halt progresson 03/07/2021 at 2:00 pm
A slow and steady uptick in box office receipts could be threatened by the new delta coronavirus variant.
- Richard Branson believes the space market has room for 20 companies launching touristson 03/07/2021 at 12:26 pm
Sir Richard Branson believes there is plenty of opportunity in the market for companies like Virgin Galactic, Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin, or Elon Musk's SpaceX.
- How federally guaranteed health care for Native Americans works in the U.S.on 03/07/2021 at 12:00 pm
American Indians and Alaska Natives are entitled to federally funded health care. Here's how that works and why activists want the system to be reformed.
- Three Middle East countries led the world on vaccines early. Then they went in different directionson 03/07/2021 at 8:09 am
Israel, the UAE and Bahrain are still among the top 10 most vaccinated countries, but charts show that their Covid infection trends have varied greatly.
- TSA screenings surpass 2019 levels in pandemic first as airlines, airports scramble to staffon 03/07/2021 at 1:14 am
TSA airport screenings surpassed levels from two years ago, a first during the pandemic
- Hurricane winds could make Surfside building structure collapse further, structural engineer warnson 02/07/2021 at 11:56 pm
Potential hurricane winds could further complicate the ongoing search-and-rescue operations at the collapsed building in Florida, engineer Richard Slider said.
- There's a shortage of good-paying jobs in post-pandemic world, National Urban League's Marc Morial sayson 02/07/2021 at 11:37 pm
National Urban League CEO Marc Morial told CNBC on Friday that workers are seeking better pay and workplace benefits in the new post-pandemic reality.
- Pilot says unruly passenger behavior is a threat to all flyers, calls for tougher legal actionon 02/07/2021 at 10:00 pm
Airline unions and lawmakers are calling for increased consequences for unruly passenger behavior.
- California Highway Patrol tickets driver with apparent SpaceX Starlink dish bolted to car hoodon 02/07/2021 at 8:46 pm
A CHP officer pulled over a vehicle on Friday that had a satellite dish, which appeared to be one of SpaceX's Starlink antennas, bolted to the car's hood.
- Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer placed on administrative leave following sexual assault allegationson 02/07/2021 at 8:40 pm
The forced leave of LA Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer came on the same day President Joe Biden hosted the team at the White House honoring their World Series win.
- Virgin Galactic shares surge and then pull back as Branson aims for lead in billionaire space raceon 02/07/2021 at 8:14 pm
Virgin Galactic shares surged on Friday after announcing its next spaceflight test on July 11 will carry founder Sir Richard Branson.
- DOJ investigating Lordstown Motors, shares of electric-vehicle start-up plungeon 02/07/2021 at 8:04 pm
The stock was briefly halted due to volatility.
- The Fourth of July box office won't be as robust this year, but it's on the right trackon 02/07/2021 at 6:58 pm
The domestic box office has entered a strong period of recovery, but ticket sales over the Fourth of July weekend may struggle to match pre-Covid levels.
- Track star Sha'Carri Richardson suspended from U.S. Olympic team after failing marijuana teston 02/07/2021 at 6:51 pm
Track star Sha'Carri Richardson was suspended from the U.S. Olympic team after failing a test for marijuana use.
- As travel nears pre-pandemic levels, July 4 vacationers head for the coastson 02/07/2021 at 6:47 pm
As the July 4 weekend kicks off, travel is nearing pre-pandemic levels, according to TripIt by Concur.
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb says Fourth of July weekend gatherings present a low Covid risk for most Americanson 02/07/2021 at 5:35 pm
Most Americans should feel comfortable safely gathering over Independence Day weekend, Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC on Friday.
News – CNBC