International News – CNBC
- Amazon CEO says Prime could become 'standalone business,' stands by layoffson 30/11/2022 at 10:19 pm
The CEO also highlighted shifts in consumer spending and made clear Amazon's intention to continue expanding into the health-care space.
- Netflix CEO says he was slow to allow advertising because he was focused on Google and Facebookon 30/11/2022 at 10:08 pm
Netflix founder and co-CEO Reed Hastings said he was slow to come around to advertising on the streaming platform because he was too focused on digital competition from Facebook and Google.
- House approves tentative labor deal to avoid rail strike, sends to Senateon 30/11/2022 at 9:18 pm
The House passed legislation Wednesday that would force a tentative rail labor agreement and thwart a national strike.
- CDC will test sewage for polio outside New York to see if it's circulating elsewhere in nationon 30/11/2022 at 9:13 pm
The CDC will initially work work with Michigan and Philadelphia to identify communities with low vaccination rates and begin testing sewage the in those areas.
- Biden administration grants $75 million to relocate three Native tribes away from rising oceanson 30/11/2022 at 8:53 pm
Historically disenfranchised tribal groups across the U.S. are more exposed to climate-related disasters.
- Why Wall Street's bullish on 3 Club stocks Wednesday — and our take, tooon 30/11/2022 at 8:38 pm
Apple (AAPL), Constellation Brands (STZ) and Ford Motor (F) were subject to Wall Street analysis on Wednesday.
- If you're still missing your tax refund, you'll soon receive 7% interest from the IRS — but it's taxableon 30/11/2022 at 7:44 pm
If you're waiting for a tax refund, it may be accruing interest, and the rate jumps to 7% from 6% in January. Here's what filers need to know.
- Mortgage rates fall for the third straight week, but demand still drops furtheron 30/11/2022 at 5:47 pm
Mortgage rates continue to ease, but demand is not following, as there are few who can benefit from a refinance, and homebuyers are still facing high prices.
- Kroger, Albertsons CEOs defend grocery tie-up, say deal won't hurt competitionon 30/11/2022 at 5:23 pm
Leaders of the two companies faced questions about how the deal could shake up the competitive landscape — and the prices consumers pay at the store.
- Jim Cramer's Investing Club meeting Wednesday: Fed speech, stock picks, Alphabet's costson 30/11/2022 at 5:00 pm
The Investing Club holds its "Morning Meeting" every weekday at 10:20 a.m. ET.
- Delta is making it harder to get into its airport lounges after they were flooded by travelerson 30/11/2022 at 2:00 pm
Delta and other airlines have banked big on their loyalty programs in recent years.
- 5 things to know before the stock market opens Wednesdayon 30/11/2022 at 11:57 am
Here are the most important news items that investors need to start their trading day.
- Airbnb launches platform allowing renters to host apartments, partnering with major landlordson 30/11/2022 at 11:01 am
The company said a new page on its site will list so-called Airbnb-friendly buildings, which will let tenants host their apartments just as homeowners can.
- Tesla is still dominant, but its U.S. market share is eroding as cheaper EVs arriveon 30/11/2022 at 7:18 am
S&P Global Mobility forecasts Tesla's market share will decline to less than 20% by 2025, as EV models grow from 48 today to 159 by then.
- Shopper turnout hit record high over Black Friday weekend, retail trade group sayson 30/11/2022 at 12:14 am
A record number of holiday shoppers turned out from Thanksgiving Day to Cyber Monday, according to the National Retail Federation.
- China touts vaccination progress as it seeks reopening path; encourages booster shots for seniorson 30/11/2022 at 12:06 am
Tuesday's announcement and press conference followed a weekend of unrest as pockets of people in China vented their frustration with Covid policy.
- 'Glass Onion' could have made $200 million, but Netflix only let it play in theaters for a weekon 29/11/2022 at 8:01 pm
Netflix probably left hundreds of millions of dollars on the table by not keeping Rian Johnson's "Glass Onion" in theaters.
- AMC Networks plans significant layoffs as CEO steps down after less than three monthson 29/11/2022 at 7:43 pm
AMC Networks CEO Christina Spade is suddenly exiting the company after less than three months in the role.
- Shares of Lordstown Motors rise as company begins electric truck deliverieson 29/11/2022 at 5:32 pm
Lordstown said it received final regulatory approval to sell its Endurance EV pickup. It started shipping the first trucks from a planned batch of 500.
- Amazon used AWS on a satellite in orbit to speed up data analysis in 'first-of-its kind' experimenton 29/11/2022 at 4:30 pm
Amazon's cloud computing division successfully ran a software suite on a satellite in orbit, the company announced on Tuesday.
News – CNBC