- Fully autonomous cars could be on open roads within 5 years, says self-driving start-up Pony.ai CEOon 18/11/2019 at 9:09 am
While regulations in both the U.S. and China are favorable, Peng said the industry is progressing "slowly and steadily."
- Will hyperloop threaten aviation? 'Not in my lifetime,' says Boeing execon 18/11/2019 at 7:50 am
Hyperloop isn't set to threaten the aviation industry anytime soon, a senior Boeing executive told press during the Dubai Air Show.
- Chinese auto executive identifies what's holding back self-driving carson 18/11/2019 at 6:23 am
Hurdles include existing laws, people's mobility habits, and technology that's still changing and maturing, said Feng Xingya, president of Guangzhou Automobile Group.
- Akon's advice to young musicians: 'Stop looking for a record deal'on 18/11/2019 at 5:57 am
Akon says young music artists should avoid looking for lucrative record deals and instead focus on building their careers independently.
- The Great Wall of China: 4 ideas for day trips — and 1 to avoid altogetheron 18/11/2019 at 4:44 am
New tours to the Great Wall of China offer experiences far beyond a basic hike. From traveling via sidecar to snapping photos with a drone, get the most from a day trip to one of China's — and the world's — top tourist attractions.
- Dubai Air Show opens with paltry sales — only two jets sold amid tough market conditionson 18/11/2019 at 2:58 am
Only two jets were sold on the opening day of the 2019 Dubai Airshow — a dramatic drop from previous years.
- Ford unveils Mustang Mach-E starting at roughly $44,000on 18/11/2019 at 2:31 am
Top performance models of the Mach-E will achieve 0-60 miles per hour in the mid-3-second range with an estimated 459 horsepower and 612 lb.-ft. of torque, comparable to the upcoming Tesla Model Y SUV.
- Venice's devastating floods are 'canary in a coal mine' for coastal citieson 17/11/2019 at 5:17 pm
With worldwide attention on photos of people trudging through water and gondolas adrift on Venice streets, scientists say what's happening to the iconic Italian city should be a cautionary tale for coastal cities around the world.
- Review: The 2019 Ford F-150 Limited offers seriously impressive capability and luxuryon 17/11/2019 at 4:00 pm
After a week with the Ford F-150 Limited, it's not hard to see how this is the best-selling motor vehicle in the world.
- Colin Kaepernick holds his own workout and NFL calls him a no-showon 17/11/2019 at 3:16 pm
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's much-anticipated NFL workout was all but scuttled Saturday when he made a last-minute venue change, and the league responded that he was a no-show.
- New Orleans beckons business travelers too. What to do beyond Bourbon Streeton 17/11/2019 at 2:56 pm
Business travelers with a limited amount of free time in New Orleans can enjoy the music, food and carefree culture of Bourbon Street. But there are more options.
- California's Sonoma wine country reckons with wildfire damage to tourism economyon 17/11/2019 at 2:30 pm
The wildfires in California's wine country are among the largest and most intense in the state's history. Fortunately, the fires came at the close of the harvest this year.
- Hoping to save on your 2019 taxes? Time is running outon 17/11/2019 at 2:15 pm
Get your calculators and your 2018 tax return. Whether you want to avoid a bad outcome at tax time or you're hoping to keep a few bucks out of Uncle Sam's grasp, now is the time to prepare.
- Travel gear and gadgets to give–and get–this holiday seasonon 17/11/2019 at 1:24 pm
To get you started on your holiday shopping, we gathered some gear, gadgets and great gift ideas that will help travelers stay on course and find new adventures.
- Campaigners target London's V&A Museum over its use of the Sackler nameon 17/11/2019 at 9:57 am
Campaigners gathered at London's famous Victoria and Albert (V&A) Museum Saturday to protest against its display of the Sackler name.
- Airbus says it doesn't benefit from Boeing 737 Max grounding: 'It is not good for competitors'on 17/11/2019 at 9:30 am
"It's a tragedy ... it is not good for competitors to see problems on any one particular airplane type," Airbus CCO Christian Scherer told CNBC.
- We expect a big expansion in trade from China: Dubai Airports CEOon 17/11/2019 at 6:38 am
"We're still seeing very positive growth on the Chinese routes" despite China's economic slowdown, Griffiths told CNBC at the Dubai Airshow.
- Anheuser-Busch invests $100 million in hard seltzer, the new drink crazeon 16/11/2019 at 3:30 pm
AB InBev is introducing "beyond beer" products, in particular hard seltzers, a burgeoning category that the beer giant will pour $100 million into next year as traditional beer sales flatten.
- 4 ways to avoid the overspending trap this holidayon 16/11/2019 at 2:45 pm
Last year's holiday tab took months to pay off. Here are some steps you can take this season to ensure you don't end up even deeper in the red.
- Down the street from Starbucks, Atomo is trying to reverse-engineer the coffee beanon 16/11/2019 at 2:21 pm
Atomo's coffee is made with "upcycled agricultural products" that include sunflower seed husks and watermelon seeds — all waste stream products that are typically discarded by farmers.