International News – CNBC
- China says 26 people have died from the coronavirus as South Korea, Japan confirm second caseson 24/01/2020 at 12:11 pm
The World Health Organization on Thursday said at a press conference the outbreak did not yet constitute a global public health emergency.
- Tesla could eventually reach a trillion-dollar valuation, think tank sayson 24/01/2020 at 11:56 am
Tesla's market cap could hit $1 trillion as the electric car maker expands its lines of business and takes on Toyota, according to one think tank.
- Eli Manning's Hall of Fame status should be solidified, NFL Pro Bowlers sayon 24/01/2020 at 11:33 am
As the National Football League is preparing to say farewell to one of the game's most accomplished quarterbacks, one of the questions making the rounds at the 2020 Pro Bowl centered on Eli Manning's status as a bona fide Hall of Famer.
- Coronavirus cases rise to more than 800 worldwide as China confirms death toll has risen to 25on 24/01/2020 at 11:26 am
The fast-spreading infection prompted local authorities to quarantine several major cities and cancel Lunar New Year's events in Beijing.
- Norwegian energy major Equinor to run ship fitted with ammonia fuel cellson 24/01/2020 at 9:28 am
The announcement comes during a time of significant change in the shipping industry.
- 5 reasons to ditch New York City for the hills of the Hudson Valleyon 24/01/2020 at 7:18 am
New York's Hudson River Valley has long attracted city dwellers looking for a quick country escape. Accommodations are as varied as the people who go, from old school favorites of the elite to castle hotels and glamping in tents.
- Everything Jim Cramer said about the stock market on 'Mad Money,' including GE's prospects, GrubHub CEO, Snap's upsideon 24/01/2020 at 12:57 am
"Mad Money" host Jim Cramer says GE's performances hinges on Boeing, sits down with GrubHub CEO Matt Maloney and gets bullish on Snap.
- Jim Cramer: Snap is 'the right stock for this environment'on 24/01/2020 at 12:01 am
"I recommend if you like Snap putting on half your position before the quarter, then if the stock gets hit after the quarter" buy more, CNBC's Jim Cramer says.
- Cramer's lightning round: Cisco Systems is a 'show-me situation'on 23/01/2020 at 11:55 pm
"Mad Money" host Jim Cramer gives his thoughts about callers' favorite stock picks of the day.
- GrubHub CEO leaves open the door for potential mergers: We would 'evaluate any offer'on 23/01/2020 at 11:50 pm
"We would totally evaluate any offer, but we haven't had one yet," said GrubHub CEO Matt Maloney, adding that
- GE is a 'total winner,' unless Boeing fails to fix its 737 Max issue, Jim Cramer sayson 23/01/2020 at 11:46 pm
General Electric can't meet Wall Street's estimates without Boeing's 737 Max back in production, CNBC's Jim Cramer says.
- Debut of GM's Cruise Origin shows the future of ride-hailing, autonomous vehicles is a boxon 23/01/2020 at 11:26 pm
The most recent proof of this came Tuesday night with Cruise, a majority-owned subsidiary of General Motors, debuting its first vehicle specifically designed to operate without a driver.
- It's going to get a lot easier to export some firearms from the US due to a new Trump administration ruleon 23/01/2020 at 11:23 pm
American gun manufacturers will have fewer registration requirements in order to obtain an export license as the State Department moved jurisdiction of certain firearm sales to the Commerce Department.
- Loneliness is on the rise and younger workers and social media users feel it most, Cigna survey findson 23/01/2020 at 11:05 pm
American workers are feeling more isolated, and younger workers are experiencing loneliness more so than their older co-workers, according to a new Cigna study.
- Boeing-built DirecTV satellite may explode in orbit after suffering unexpected malfunctionon 23/01/2020 at 11:01 pm
The large broadcast satellite is owned by AT&T's DirecTV, was built by Boeing and is operated by Intelsat.
- Southwest Airlines profits tumble after Boeing 737 Max grounding drove up costson 23/01/2020 at 10:49 pm
Southwest Airlines profits tumbled more than 20% after the 737 Max drove up costs.
- US suicide rate rises 40% over 17 years, with blue-collar workers at highest risk, CDC findson 23/01/2020 at 10:24 pm
The suicide rate has surged 40% in the U.S. over less than two decades, with blue-collar workers at a significantly higher risk.
- This map shows the latest spread of the coronaviruson 23/01/2020 at 10:20 pm
The total number of coronavirus cases grew as of Thursday, with at least 18 people dead and more than 650 people around the world sickened.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: GE, Western Digital, Boeing, Travelers & moreon 23/01/2020 at 9:21 pm
Check out the companies making headlines in midday trading on Thursday:
- Speculative space stock Virgin Galactic is up 170% in just two monthson 23/01/2020 at 9:18 pm
Virgin Galactic shares have been on a blistering run, with analysts seeing multiple factors driving the stock's momentum.
News – CNBC