International News – CNBC
- ‘I worry we’re getting numb' to Covid numbers as states reopen, former CDC director sayson 05/03/2021 at 1:27 am
Former acting CDC director Richard Besser explains why he's worried about states reopening too soon.
- Fauci says military members who opt out of Covid vaccine are inadvertently 'part of the problem'on 05/03/2021 at 1:14 am
The military has tasked thousands of service members to help vaccinate communities across the nation.
- Overtime is starting a basketball league for 16-to-18-year-olds that pays at least $100,000 a yearon 05/03/2021 at 1:05 am
The sports media company has investors, including NBA players, and will select 30 young players to compete in a development basketball league.
- Gap forecasts return to sales growth in 2021, sending shares higher despite sales misson 05/03/2021 at 12:48 am
Gap Inc. is calling for a bounce back to sales growth in 2021, hopeful that customers will soon return to its stores and spend more money on apparel.
- Cramer says investors are in denial about stocks: 'The sell-off is real'on 05/03/2021 at 12:10 am
The stock market rally can't resume until investors work through the five stages of grief, CNBC's Jim Cramer said.
- Cramer warns a looming 'stock glut' will put more pressure on marketson 04/03/2021 at 11:40 pm
"The stock market is about to have a serious oversupply problem with no concomitant buybacks or dividends to fall back on this moment," Jim Cramer said.
- SpaceX denounces Justice Department’s subpoena in hiring practices investigation as 'government overreach'on 04/03/2021 at 11:33 pm
SpaceX denounced the Department of Justice's subpoena for corporate hiring records, saying the inquiry "is the very definition of government overreach."
- Democrats push FDA to regulate toxic metals in baby food after investigation finds high levelson 04/03/2021 at 10:34 pm
"My investigation revealed that baby food companies ... were knowingly selling us tainted products," said Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi.
- Kroger CEO says he expects normal levels of food inflation in 2021 but that prices may be volatileon 04/03/2021 at 10:34 pm
Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen told CNBC on Thursday he does not anticipate problematic food inflation in 2021 but that month-to-month prices may be volatile.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after the bell: Costco, Gap, Broadcom & moreon 04/03/2021 at 10:25 pm
These are the stocks posting the largest moves after the bell on Thursday, March 4.
- Heavily shorted Tanger Outlet stock pops 20% in sudden move, then pulls backon 04/03/2021 at 9:38 pm
The retail stock may be the latest attempted short squeeze by traders in 2021.
- Manhattan apartment discounts may be ending soon as sales soar 73% in Februaryon 04/03/2021 at 8:17 pm
Even the most bullish brokers say they are surprised with how quickly Manhattan real estate is bouncing back after last year's record decline.
- Ford quietly begins production of new 'C' pickup in Mexicoon 04/03/2021 at 7:00 pm
The pickup – potentially named Maverick – is expected to be smaller than Ford's current Ranger model.
- Marlboro maker Altria asks FDA to spread the word that nicotine doesn't cause canceron 04/03/2021 at 6:41 pm
Marlboro parent Altria is asking the Food and Drug Administration to help it spread the word that nicotine doesn't cause cancer.
- GM evaluating second U.S. battery plant for EVs amid construction of $2.3 billion facility in Ohioon 04/03/2021 at 6:25 pm
Battery and battery cell production are considered linchpins to unlocking GM's plans for its next-generation EVs to be profitable.
- Alabama Gov. Ivey lifts statewide Covid mask mandate beginning April 9on 04/03/2021 at 6:17 pm
"Let me be abundantly clear, after April 9, I will not keep the mask order in effect," Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey said Thursday.
- Italy reportedly blocks shipment of AstraZeneca Covid vaccine destined for Australiaon 04/03/2021 at 6:10 pm
The European Commission, the institution leading the purchase agreements, has been blamed for not securing enough vaccines.
- Mall owner Washington Prime reportedly preparing to file for bankruptcy protectionon 04/03/2021 at 5:59 pm
U.S. shopping mall owner Washington Prime Group is preparing to potentially file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, Bloomberg reported Thursday.
- Bed Bath & Beyond CEO Mark Tritton says shoppers are ready to try new brands in a hunt for valueon 04/03/2021 at 4:51 pm
Bed Bath & Beyond Chief Executive Mark Tritton says shoppers are increasingly skipping the national brand names and looking to try private labels.
- Billionaire investor Ron Baron's firm sold 1.8 million Tesla shares despite saying price will hit $2,000on 04/03/2021 at 4:47 pm
Baron, a longstanding Tesla shareholder, said that his firm sold the shares because they were becoming too large a percentage of some portfolios.
News – CNBC