International News – CNBC
- American Airlines warns 25,000 employees about potential job cuts as coronavirus continues to sap demandon 16/07/2020 at 12:43 am
American Airlines became the latest airline to warn staff about potential furloughs.
- StockX has authenticated 1 million Jordan sneakers this year, CEO sayson 16/07/2020 at 12:25 am
"We've been able to capture these cultural moments," like ESPN's release of the "The Last Dance" earlier this year, CEO Scott Cutler said on "Mad Money."
- American Airlines backs calls to extend billions in federal aid through Marchon 16/07/2020 at 12:16 am
American Airlines backed unions' bid to extend billions in federal payroll support through March that expires after Sept. 30.
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco Unified School District will welcome students back this fall strictly onlineon 16/07/2020 at 12:08 am
The coronavirus has infected more than 13.32 million people around the world as of Wednesday, killing at least 578,600 people.
- Biohaven Pharmaceuticals lands Khloe Kardashian as influencer of new migraine drugon 15/07/2020 at 11:51 pm
Biohaven CEO Vlad Coric said the company brought on Khloe Kardashian to promote its migraine treatment to break the stigma around it.
- Cramer's lightning round: I like Beyond Meaton 15/07/2020 at 11:24 pm
"Mad Money" host Jim Cramer rings the lightning round bell, which means he's giving his answers to callers' stock questions at rapid speed.
- Cramer: We desperately need another round of federal stimulus, despite vaccine progresson 15/07/2020 at 10:51 pm
"We figured we'd have maybe the virus contained in early fall, but we botched the reopening and now states are being forced to shut down again," the "Mad Money" host said.
- Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt tests positive for coronaviruson 15/07/2020 at 10:06 pm
The governor of Oklahoma announced Wednesday that he has tested positive for coronavirus, becoming the first governor to publicly announce a positive diagnosis.
- Trump administration shifts control of coronavirus hospital data from CDC to HHSon 15/07/2020 at 9:43 pm
"Whatever they can do to fix the data in the interim is great. Long term, it needs to be improved in general," said Dr. Bill Winkenwerder, former assistant secretary of Defense for health affairs.
- Virgin Galactic changing CEOs, bringing on Disney's Michael Colglazieron 15/07/2020 at 9:15 pm
Virgin Galactic announced on Wednesday that George Whitesides would step aside as CEO, appointing Disney executive Michael Colglazier.
- Walmart, Kroger will require customers to wear masks at their storeson 15/07/2020 at 8:59 pm
The nation's largest retailer and largest supermarket chain have joined a growing list of retailers that are requiring face coverings.
- Trump weakens environmental law to speed up permits for pipelines and other infrastructureon 15/07/2020 at 8:12 pm
The Trump administration's new changes will decrease the number of infrastructure projects that will be subject to National Environmental Policy Act review, effectively shortening long permit processes that have historically delayed projects.
- Delta expects to write off up to $3.3 billion on buyouts, early retirementson 15/07/2020 at 7:39 pm
Delta expects voluntary separation agreements to cost it as much as $3.3 billion.
- Restaurant trade group says pandemic aid wasn't enough to sustain the industry, as closures strike againon 15/07/2020 at 7:38 pm
The nation's restaurants are projected to lose $240 billion in revenue this year due to the pandemic. Some 8 million workers have been laid off or furloughed from March through May, the industry's trade group says.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci says he hasn't thought about resigning despite White House criticismon 15/07/2020 at 7:34 pm
- With pandemic and presidential race, $15 minimum wage could get another pushon 15/07/2020 at 6:54 pm
Advocates and low-wage workers see a new opportunity to end 11-year wait for a higher federal minimum wage with the upcoming election and attention on low-paid essential workers.
- Fiat Chrysler and PSA Group rename newly merged automaker 'Stellantis'on 15/07/2020 at 6:25 pm
Fiat Chrysler and French automaker PSA Group plan to name their new merged company "Stellantis," the automakers announced Wednesday.
- NBA says it's adding coronavirus testing resources in Florida, not taking them away from the communityon 15/07/2020 at 6:24 pm
As the NBA restarts in the Orlando bubble, Covid-19 testing is frequent and results come quickly. The league has been criticized for taking away resources and supplies, but it says it's increasing resources.
- The app financial traders are using to avoid a New York City tax during the coronavirus pandemicon 15/07/2020 at 6:21 pm
Monaeo, a company that helps taxpayers track and store their location data to show to tax authorities, said its business has more than doubled in May and June over last year.
- J.C. Penney announces plan to cut 1,000 jobs, gets more time from lenders in push for survivalon 15/07/2020 at 6:10 pm
J.C. Penney submitted a confidential business plan to its lenders last week. Now, it has more time to review those plans with its lenders, who will help determine its fate.
News – CNBC