BBC World News
BBC NEWS UPDATE
- David Dinkins: New York City's first black mayor dieson 24/11/2020 at 6:34 am
David Dinkins, who has died aged 93, served as the city's first and only black mayor from 1990-1993.
- Latex glove maker shuts factories after infectionson 24/11/2020 at 6:32 am
Malaysia's Top Glove will close more than half of its plants after a surge in virus cases.
- Mexico ambush: Arrest over Mormon massacreon 24/11/2020 at 5:14 am
Three Mormon women and six of their children were killed in the Sonora desert last year.
- Stephen Ellison: Diplomat who saved drowning woman given banneron 24/11/2020 at 5:09 am
The banner, a Chinese gift of gratitude, reads "righteous and courageous, saving people from water".
- Trump accepts transition to Biden must beginon 24/11/2020 at 4:43 am
The president says a key federal agency should "do what needs to be done", but he vows to fight on.
- A South African village, a murder and a coal mineon 24/11/2020 at 1:47 am
Was the brutal shooting of a woman linked to her campaign against an opencast mine?
- What Biden's new foreign policy team tells uson 24/11/2020 at 1:38 am
US foreign policy experts weigh in on what the new slate of top diplomats means for global affairs.
- Sanna Marin: The feminist PM who says trans people have a 'right to self-identify'on 24/11/2020 at 1:33 am
Nearly a year into her job, Finland's PM, Sanna Marin, says it's 'everyone's job to identify themselves'.
- The Queen's Gambit: Meet the real life women chess masterson 24/11/2020 at 1:19 am
Radio 1 Newsbeat speaks to two female chess players about the Netlfix show and modern chess culture.
- Afghanistan, home to the heroin trade, moves into methon 24/11/2020 at 12:36 am
A new report warns Afghanistan is becoming a major methamphetamine producer, leaving addicts in its wake.
- The Indian bride who wore a pantsuit to her weddingon 24/11/2020 at 12:30 am
In a country where marriages are steeped in tradition, Sanjana Rishi's wedding outfit drew criticism.
- Karl Edwards: The 'bronzed Aussie' who knew life was for livingon 24/11/2020 at 12:30 am
The story behind the plaque: the fast life and freakishly unlucky death of Karl Edwards.
- Nagorno-Karabakh: 'It's too painful to sleep'on 24/11/2020 at 12:04 am
Whilst most Azerbaijanis are celebrating the end of fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh, some are struggling to return to normal life.
- Reunited after the Manchester Arena bombingon 24/11/2020 at 12:02 am
Usman and Sharon were connected forever after being caught up in the bombing's aftermath.
- Ntabo Ntaberi: DR Congo militia leader jailed for crimes against humanityon 23/11/2020 at 11:37 pm
A military court jails Ntabo Ntaberi for life after a two-year trial that saw 178 victims testify.
- Biden cabinet: Inner circle get key posts as John Kerry named climate envoyon 23/11/2020 at 10:48 pm
The former secretary of state is among the names announced for key roles in the new US administration.
- Covid: World's poorest must not be 'trampled' in vaccine race - WHOon 23/11/2020 at 9:56 pm
The Word Health Organization warns wealthier nations against buying up stocks of vaccines.
- Apple's security chief charged with briberyon 23/11/2020 at 9:49 pm
The company's head of security is charged with planning to swap iPads for gun permits
- Chinese spacecraft sets off on Moon sample queston 23/11/2020 at 9:14 pm
The robotic Chang'e-5 mission aims to return the first lunar rocks to Earth in more than 40 years.
- Qatar 'identifies parents of baby abandoned at Doha airport'on 23/11/2020 at 6:56 pm
During a search for the mother last month officials ordered invasive exams of women passengers.