BBC World News
BBC NEWS UPDATE
- ‘Lives lost’ as tornadoes sweep Alabamaon 25/03/2021 at 11:27 pm
Deaths and property destruction are reported as the powerful storm batters the southern US state.
- Coronavirus: EU says AstraZeneca must 'catch up' on vaccine deliverieson 25/03/2021 at 10:50 pm
The bloc's chief says the vaccine manufacturer must honour its contract before exporting elsewhere.
- USC to pay $1bn over abuse claims against gynaecologist George Tyndallon 25/03/2021 at 10:40 pm
The University of Southern California settlement is the biggest pay out in higher education history.
- Biden pressed on child migration at first news conferenceon 25/03/2021 at 9:29 pm
More than 17,000 children are being kept in government-run detention centres, according to estimates.
- President Biden's first press conference fact-checkedon 25/03/2021 at 9:28 pm
Mr Biden spoke on a range of topics from border crossings to Covid vaccines.
- Jessica Walter: Arrested Development star dies aged 80on 25/03/2021 at 9:19 pm
The US actress played the icy matriarch Lucille Bluth, and starred in films like Play Misty for Me.
- Covid passports: What are different countries planning?on 25/03/2021 at 6:36 pm
How advanced are some countries' plans for vaccine certificates and Covid passports?
- Renowned French film director Bertrand Tavernier dieson 25/03/2021 at 6:33 pm
Bertrand Tavernier worked in many genres from crime thrillers to historical drama.
- Suez Canal: How are they trying to free the Ever Given?on 25/03/2021 at 6:08 pm
Operations are continuing to move a 400 metre long vessel stuck in the Suez Canal since Tuesday.
- Boulder shooting: Mental health hearing granted for suspecton 25/03/2021 at 5:37 pm
Ahmad al-Aliwi Al Issa, who is charged with 10 counts of murder, remains held without bail.
- Covid-19: Dutch sign up for test holiday on Greek islandon 25/03/2021 at 4:59 pm
Some 25,000 people compete for 200 places on an eight-day "tourism feasibility" holiday on Rhodes.
- Suez Canal: Owner of cargo ship blocking waterway apologiseson 25/03/2021 at 4:21 pm
Japanese firm Shoei Kisen Kaisha says dislodging the Ever Given is proving "extremely difficult".
- Auto worker employee receives 91,500 pennies in final wageson 25/03/2021 at 3:59 pm
Andreas Flaten claims he was sent a grease-covered pile of coins by his former employer.
- Ghent Altarpiece: Prized Van Eyck oil painting finds new homeon 25/03/2021 at 2:18 pm
It has been moved in the Belgian cathedral where it is displayed thanks to a 30m euro (£26m) upgrade.
- Extinction: Elephants driven to the brink by poachingon 25/03/2021 at 1:50 pm
The ivory trade and habitat loss combine to push Africa's elephants closer to extinction.
- Britney Spears asks judge to remove her father as her conservatoron 25/03/2021 at 1:36 pm
The singer formally asks a judge to remove Jamie Spears from his role as her conservator.
- Equal pay: Megan Rapinoe was 'devalued, disrespected and dismissed'on 25/03/2021 at 10:25 am
Soccer star Megan Rapinoe says despite all her success she is still paid less than men in the same job.
- Cured: How mental illness was used as a tool against LGBT rightson 25/03/2021 at 6:32 am
A new film recalls the fight to overturn the US labelling of gay people as having a mental illness.
- Somalia photography: 'I want it to be normal for women to take photos'on 25/03/2021 at 12:32 am
A photography exhibition in Somalia by two women challenges the way the country is seen.
- Nagorno-Karabakh: The mystery of the missing churchon 25/03/2021 at 12:27 am
The BBC investigates the disappearance of an Armenian church that changed hands in the recent Nagorno-Karabakh war.