- Turkey says three million could return to safe zone in Syriaon 16/09/2019 at 7:45 pm
Turkey's president suggests refugees could return to Syria and stay in a safe zone along the border.
- Saudi oil attacks: Why does the US hide oil underground?on 16/09/2019 at 6:24 pm
More than 640 million barrels of oil are currently sitting in caves under Texas and Louisiana. Why?
- Edward Snowden expresses wish to return home to the USon 16/09/2019 at 5:07 pm
US whistle-blower Edward Snowden said he won't get a fair trial if he returns home to the US.
- Zimbabwe doctors protest at 'abduction' of union leaderon 16/09/2019 at 4:48 pm
Hundreds of doctors stage a walkout to condemn the alleged abduction of union chief Peter Magombeyi.
- Ireland Baldwin lays into father Alec on notorious voicemail messageon 16/09/2019 at 4:32 pm
The US actor's daughter skewered him over the notorious voicemail where he called her a "rude pig".
- Saudi oil attacks: US says intelligence shows Iran involvedon 16/09/2019 at 4:22 pm
US officials quote intelligence and show satellite images, but Iran denies involvement.
- Fire breaks out on pitch moments before NFL gameon 16/09/2019 at 4:01 pm
A pyrotechnic mishap caused the fire before a Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts game.
- In numbers: Sackler family, Purdue Pharma and the US opioid crisison 16/09/2019 at 3:06 pm
The controversial Sackler family has filed for bankruptcy, amid lawsuits from 2,600 plantiffs.
- Common cold stopped by experimental approachon 16/09/2019 at 3:03 pm
It may be possible to make our bodies inhospitable for the cold virus after promising early research.
- Climate change: Germany's conservatives mull doubling air travel taxon 16/09/2019 at 2:49 pm
Only domestic flights will be affected, say the Christian Democrats, who govern in a coalition.
- Thailand Tiger Temple: More than half have died since rescueon 16/09/2019 at 2:34 pm
Thai authorities said the big cats died of a virus, or from genetic problems linked to inbreeding.
- Rome stall owner refuses reward for €2,000 cash findon 16/09/2019 at 1:38 pm
The Bangladeshi stall owner finds a wallet in a Rome street and makes it his mission to return it.
- Mexico missing students: Anger at suspects' releaseon 16/09/2019 at 1:04 pm
A judge orders the release of 24 police officers arrested over the 2014 disappearance of 43 students.
- Bob Hewitt: South Africa stops early release of rapist former tennis staron 16/09/2019 at 12:37 pm
Bob Hewitt, 79, has his early release on parole suspended following a public outcry.
- Boy poisoned by E. coli-infected beef in 2011 dies in Franceon 16/09/2019 at 12:10 pm
The 10-year-old was paralysed by contaminated supermarket beef in northern France.
- Pakistan blasphemy riots: Dozens arrested after Hindu teacher accusedon 16/09/2019 at 11:13 am
Mob violence was unleashed after a Hindu headteacher was accused of making blasphemous comments.
- 2019 ozone hole could be smallest in three decadeson 16/09/2019 at 10:49 am
The deep thinning in Earth's protective atmospheric layer is not as extensive as it normally is.
- Purdue Pharma files for bankruptcy in the USon 16/09/2019 at 9:40 am
The drug maker, accused of fuelling the opioid crisis, files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- Israel election a referendum on Netanyahuon 16/09/2019 at 8:55 am
The BBC's Jeremy Bowen looks at the election campaign of Israel's longest-serving prime minister.
- Indonesia haze: Why do forests keep burning?on 16/09/2019 at 5:55 am
A smoky haze has blanketed the region, an annual phenomenon that affects millions of people.