BBC World News
BBC NEWS UPDATE
- Australia fires: Heavy rains hit some blaze-hit regionson 18/01/2020 at 6:07 am
Heavy rains douse some fires on the east coast, but bring a new threat of flooding to some areas.
- Simpsons actor Hank Azaria says he will no longer voice Apuon 18/01/2020 at 4:54 am
The announcement by white actor Hank Azaria follows accusations of racial stereotyping.
- New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'on 18/01/2020 at 4:31 am
The virus emerged in December, two people have died and it has been detected in three countries.
- Khagendra Thapa Magar: World’s shortest mobile man dies aged 27on 18/01/2020 at 4:12 am
At 67.08cm (2ft 2.41in), Khagendra Thapa Magar was recognised the shortest living man who could walk.
- Spain's Magaluf and Ibiza crack down on alcohol-fuelled holidayson 18/01/2020 at 1:16 am
The Balearic Islands ban pub crawls and happy hours in popular destinations in Ibiza and Majorca.
- Unprofessional TikTok medical videos 'not the norm'on 18/01/2020 at 12:12 am
TikTok videos made by doctors and nurses this week have been accused of spreading misinformation.
- Week in Pictures: 11-17 January 2020on 18/01/2020 at 12:07 am
A selection of news photographs taken around the world this week.
- In pictures: The sniffer dogs taking on Africa’s poacherson 18/01/2020 at 12:07 am
Canines with a nose for detection have led to hundreds of arrests and the disruption of smuggling routes.
- 'You can quit': Colombian cocaine farmers' message to UK useron 18/01/2020 at 12:02 am
Two Colombian producers tell a British cocaine user they wouldn't take it as they know what's in it.
- Global Hawk drones: A look at Nato's new spy toolon 18/01/2020 at 12:01 am
The Global Hawk, which is unmanned, can travel halfway around the world on one tank of fuel.
- Paul Bocuse: Famed chef's restaurant loses three-star rating after 55 yearson 17/01/2020 at 10:46 pm
There was outrage after the restaurant of the late French chef Paul Bocuse lost one of its stars.
- Squash seeks recognition in famed NYC rail stationon 17/01/2020 at 10:44 pm
The location is meant to show new audiences this non-Olympic sport.
- 'We can get along because that's America'on 17/01/2020 at 10:32 pm
How a "big hairy Trump guy" and a "queer individual" bonded at a rally for the Democrats in New Hampshire.
- FBI arrests three more members of right wing extremist group 'The Base'on 17/01/2020 at 8:54 pm
Six suspected white supremacists have been arrested in what appeared to be a co-ordinated operation.
- Wiggles singer Greg Page has cardiac arrest at bushfire relief showon 17/01/2020 at 8:06 pm
Greg Page, a founder and original lead singer of the children's group, collapsed in Sydney.
- Portrait of a Lady: Painting found in wall confirmed as stolen Klimton 17/01/2020 at 7:51 pm
Portrait of a Lady was missing for 22 years until gardeners cleared ivy from a gallery wall.
- Airport guard pulled Native American woman's braidson 17/01/2020 at 7:45 pm
The agency apologises after the flyer tweeted she was "humiliated" by the incident in Minnesota.
- Can Microsoft's 'moonshot' carbon goal succeed?on 17/01/2020 at 6:39 pm
The tech giant admits its "carbon negative" goal is ambitious.
- Clinton prosecutor Ken Starr to defend Trumpon 17/01/2020 at 5:28 pm
Former special prosecutors from Bill Clinton's impeachment trial are on the president's team.
- Iran plane crash: Khamenei defends armed forces in rare addresson 17/01/2020 at 5:08 pm
Ayatollah Khamenei praises the Revolutionary Guard amid anger over the downing of a passenger jet.