BBC World News
BBC NEWS UPDATE
- Dozens feared lost as 'smuggling' boat capsizes off Floridaon 26/01/2022 at 12:23 am
US officials say the vessel may have been part of a "human smuggling venture".
- Africa Cup of Nations: A football celebration overshadowed by tragedyon 26/01/2022 at 12:23 am
Monday's deadly stampede exposed the troubling side of the Africa Cup of Nations, writes Maher Mezahi.
- Republic Day: What the grand parade means to Indiaon 26/01/2022 at 12:21 am
Every year, India celebrates 26 January with a huge show of its military might and diversity.
- Winter Olympics: Will the Beijing Games be 'green and clean'?on 26/01/2022 at 12:17 am
China is promising a greener Winter Olympics, although critics are not sure if it can deliver.
- 'As an adult I discovered I have siblings, but I grew up in care, alone'on 26/01/2022 at 12:14 am
Ashley John-Baptiste grew up in care, unaware he had siblings. His new documentary is called Split Up in Care: Life Without Siblings.
- The rejected Dragons' Den contestant now making millionson 26/01/2022 at 12:10 am
From being rejected on Dragons' Den to making millions, Alex Savelli shares his secrets to success.
- Aboriginal Tent Embassy: A powerful beacon of protest for 50 yearson 26/01/2022 at 12:01 am
A protest that began 50 years ago with a beach umbrella remains a potent symbol of Aboriginal activism.
- Unvaccinated man denied heart transplant by Boston hospitalon 25/01/2022 at 11:58 pm
The 31-year-old father-of-two refuses to get the shot; the hospital said it was following policy.
- Disney responds to Peter Dinklage's criticism of Snow White remakeon 25/01/2022 at 11:44 pm
Actor Peter Dinklage called a live-action remake of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs "backwards".
- New Orleans Saints: Sean Payton leaves after 16 years as head coachon 25/01/2022 at 10:38 pm
Sean Payton is leaving the New Orleans Saints after 16 years as their head coach
- Covid: Netherlands to ease restrictions despite rising case numberson 25/01/2022 at 9:59 pm
Dutch hospitality venues, including bars and restaurants, have been closed since 18 December.
- Ukraine: US could sanction Putin if Russia invades, Biden sayson 25/01/2022 at 8:54 pm
The US president says he would consider personal sanctions on Vladimir Putin if Russia invades Ukraine.
- IS militants surrender as Kurdish-led forces surround Syria prisonon 25/01/2022 at 8:13 pm
But dozens remain holed up along with hundreds of children after six days of fierce fighting.
- Turkey: Airport warehouse roof collapses in snowstormon 25/01/2022 at 7:37 pm
Heavy snowfall across parts of Turkey has caused an airport warehouse roof to collapse.
- Ukraine: What is Nato and why doesn't Russia trust it?on 25/01/2022 at 5:52 pm
Nato countries are trying to help Ukraine in the face of a possible Russian invasion.
- Bollywood's Shilpa Shetty cleared of obscenity over Richard Gere kisson 25/01/2022 at 4:55 pm
The Bollywood star had faced charges after actor Richard Gere kissed her on a Delhi stage in 2007.
- Africa Cup of Nations: At least eight killed in crush at Cameroon stadiumon 25/01/2022 at 4:43 pm
Dozens more people are injured in the incident outside a football stadium in Cameroon.
- Benjamin Brière: French tourist jailed in Iran on spying chargeson 25/01/2022 at 4:37 pm
France says his conviction for flying a drone while on holiday in a border area is "unacceptable".
- Taylor Swift calls out Damon Albarn over songwriting commentson 25/01/2022 at 3:42 pm
The lead singer of Blur and Gorillaz made the false claim that Swift does not write her own songs.
- Greece Snowstorm: Thousands of drivers left stranded as storm hits Athenson 25/01/2022 at 3:37 pm
Authorities in the Greek capital worked overnight to rescue some 300 people left stranded in cars.