BBC World News
BBC NEWS UPDATE
- Medicane Storm Ianos lashes western Greeceon 18/09/2020 at 2:49 pm
Intense wind and rain flood streets and fell trees on islands in western Greece.
- TikTok and WeChat: US to ban app downloads in 48 hourson 18/09/2020 at 2:45 pm
The ban on downloading the apps in the US takes effect on Sunday unless President Trump intervenes.
- Afghan mothers' names to be included on children's ID cardson 18/09/2020 at 11:58 am
Mothers' names will now be printed on national ID cards following a three-year-long campaign.
- Twitter beefs up security for US election candidateson 18/09/2020 at 11:34 am
The social network has activated password reset protections and is demanding stronger passwords.
- Coronavirus: Israel marks Jewish New Year with second lockdownon 18/09/2020 at 11:14 am
The nationwide measures coincide with the start of Rosh Hashanah, when families traditionally gather.
- Police launch homicide inquiry after German hospital hackon 18/09/2020 at 10:45 am
Woman dies being transferred from German hospital which is hit by hackers.
- Donald Trump: President denies new assault allegationon 18/09/2020 at 10:32 am
Former model Amy Dorris alleges Mr Trump groped her and forcibly kissed her at the US Open in 1997.
- China holds military drill as US envoy visits Taiwanon 18/09/2020 at 9:07 am
The military drills near the Taiwan Strait comes as China accuses the US and Taiwan of "collusion".
- Covid-19: New fear grips Europe as cases top 30m worldwideon 18/09/2020 at 6:32 am
Many northern hemisphere countries are bracing for a second wave of the pandemic as winter approaches.
- Thai national park sends rubbish back to touristson 18/09/2020 at 4:59 am
If you're leaving your rubbish in a Thai national park, you might be reunited with it by post.
- Mozambique's jihadists and the 'curse' of gas and rubieson 17/09/2020 at 11:42 pm
Three years into an escalating insurgency, the president admits the "resource curse" is to blame.
- India's Covid crisis sees rise in child marriage and traffickingon 17/09/2020 at 11:37 pm
Reports of under-age marriage and child labour rose as the lockdown pushed people deeper into poverty.
- Belarus protests: Women try to unmask those detaining protesterson 17/09/2020 at 11:30 pm
Women want to hold to account the masked people picking protesters off the street in Belarus.
- Siberia landscape scarred by climate changeon 17/09/2020 at 11:14 pm
Scientists are warning about the consequences of vast swathes of ground thawing in Siberia.
- California and Oregon 2020 wildfires in maps, graphics and imageson 17/09/2020 at 11:06 pm
A visual guide to the wildfires ravaging California, Oregon and other western states.
- What maths is involved in stirring a cup of tea?on 17/09/2020 at 11:05 pm
A professor has won £2.3m for applying complex maths to simple situations - like stirring tea.
- Covid-19 Singapore: A ‘pandemic of inequality’ exposedon 17/09/2020 at 11:02 pm
Life has returned to normal for many in Singapore, but one group of people still remain in lockdown.
- Africa's week in pictures: 11 - 17 September 2020on 17/09/2020 at 11:00 pm
A selection of the week's best photos from across the continent and beyond.
- Storm Sally sweeps boats ashore and floods homeson 17/09/2020 at 7:34 pm
The storm, previously a hurricane, leaves a trail of destruction in Alabama and Florida.
- US election: Are older Trump voters sticking with him?on 17/09/2020 at 6:29 pm
The US president relied on over-65s to win the White House in 2016 but their support this time is not assured.