all bloggers den – DIY: Tesla DIY Mini Musical Tesla Coil Kit, Play MIDI files, music
- Play MIDI files and make music using the sparks themselves
- The completed kit shoots sparks up to 4 inches long
- A USB interrupter allows you to control your Tesla coil from a laptop.
- tinyTesla’s small size and low component count makes it easy to assemble.
- Ideal for newcomers to the Tesla coiling hobby, as well as seasoned DIY electronics enthusiasts.
Heat up your soldering iron and prepare your tools! tinyTesla is the DIY mini musical Tesla coil kit that anyone can build. Once complete, tinyTesla shoots four-inch sparks, plays music and wirelessly excites fluorescent tubes.
tinyTesla is easy to build thanks to a low component count, making it ideal for budding coilers who are seeking a first Tesla coil, students looking for an eye-catching science fair project, or the casual electronics enthusiast looking for an exciting new gadget to build.
By taking advantage of modern technologies and machine-wound secondaries, it achieves a small, compact size. And at under 50W of power (during typical usage), tinyTesla opens up a wide array of exciting operation and installation possibilities.
The tinyTesla kit comes with all of the electronic and hardware components you need to build your singing Tesla coil. A pre-wound secondary coil on a clear acrylic former is included, so that you won’t have to wind 600 turns of hair-thin wire by hand! We also include a beautiful spun metal toroid, extruded anodized chassis for the USB interrupter, weighted breakout point, and other accessories.
How to Build the Kit:
You will need a soldering iron, paint-on or spray-on varnish, and hand tools to build the kit. Instructions are available at onetesla.com/downloads.