- Photos: Storms cause major tornadoes, flooding around US southon 30/11/2022 at 7:20 pm
At least two people died as tornadoes damaged homes, destroyed a fire station and trapped people in a grocery store.
- Photos: Australia stun Denmark, claim place in World Cup last 16on 30/11/2022 at 5:55 pm
The Socceroos are into the knockout stage with a second-half goal from Mathew Leckie.
- US ‘deeply concerned’ about Whelan, citizen detained in Russiaon 30/11/2022 at 5:40 pm
Family of Paul Whelan, jailed on espionage charges in Russia, says they have not heard from him in days.
- India GDP halves in September quarter as COVID distortions fadeon 30/11/2022 at 5:30 pm
Economists warned that growth momentum may ease in the December quarter due to higher interest rates, slowing exports.
- Iran sentences four people to death for ‘cooperating’ with Israelon 30/11/2022 at 5:19 pm
The four were accused of cooperating with the Israeli intelligence service and committing kidnappings.
- Australia upset Denmark 1-0 to earn World Cup last 16 spoton 30/11/2022 at 5:04 pm
Narrow victory puts Socceroos through to the last 16 for first time since 2006, while Denmark crashes out.
- Recap: Tunisia vs France – World Cup 2022on 30/11/2022 at 5:03 pm
Second-half goal by captain Khazri helps Tunisia beat France but Australia's win over Denmark seals their exit.
- US revises up last quarter’s economic growth to 2.9 percenton 30/11/2022 at 4:25 pm
Wednesday's data shows that last quarter's GDP uptick was led by solid gains in exports and consumer spending.
- US children’s hospitals overwhelmed by RSV caseson 30/11/2022 at 4:09 pm
Nurses have no ‘wiggle room’ in ICUs amid a surge of respiratory illnesses.
- UN warns of social unrest after ‘striking’ drop in global wageson 30/11/2022 at 3:00 pm
International Labour Organization says real wages declined 0.9 percent in the first half of 2022.
- Mozambique court hands out verdicts in $2bn corruption caseon 30/11/2022 at 2:34 pm
The 19 high-profile defendants are accused of a wide range of financial crimes connected to illicit state-backed loans.
- Winter starts, Ukraine goes dark: Fear and resolve in blackoutson 30/11/2022 at 2:24 pm
Al Jazeera’s Rory Challands, reporting in Kyiv, on how Ukrainians are trying to cope in the dark.
- UK royal family staff member quits after racist commentson 30/11/2022 at 2:15 pm
Buckingham Palace says the staff member who made 'unacceptable' comments to Ngozi Fulani stepped aside.
- Data shows drug slowing Alzheimer’s but doubts over effect remainon 30/11/2022 at 1:34 pm
Lecanemab modestly slows disease’s inevitable worsening, but it remains unclear how much of a difference it will make.
- Native Nation: Voices of survivalon 30/11/2022 at 1:17 pm
An Indigenous American podcast team on a road trip uncover the reality of resource extraction on their sacred land.
- Racing to develop Africa’s next-gen vaccines before new pandemicon 30/11/2022 at 12:51 pm
How scientists across Africa plan to use mRNA technology to fight diseases and tackle inequities in global health.
- South Africa panel files report on Ramaphosa farm scandalon 30/11/2022 at 12:47 pm
Inquiry looked into whether the president should face impeachment for alleged cover-up of theft of $4m at his game farm.
- World Cup 2022 predictions: Poland vs Argentina and other matcheson 30/11/2022 at 12:09 pm
Al Jazeera’s AI robot Kashef has crunched the numbers and churned out some predictions for today’s games.
- How the EU can help save Indigenous lives and the Amazonon 30/11/2022 at 12:05 pm
Brussels's new deforestation legislation should include a ban on products linked to violence against Indigenous people.
- France rescues 240 UK-bound asylum seekers in 24-hour periodon 30/11/2022 at 12:04 pm
The 240 were rescued in five different operations between Monday and Tuesday off Calais on France's northern coast.