- South Africa offers 'profuse' apologies to Nigeria after attackson 16/09/2019 at 7:42 pm
Foreign workers in South Africa have become victims of anti-immigrant violence with at least 12 killed.
- Millions of US women say first sexual experience was rapeon 16/09/2019 at 7:21 pm
New study finds one in 16 women says first sexual experience was forced or coerced in early teens.
- 'Desperate to be re-elected': Will Netanyahu win Israel vote?on 16/09/2019 at 7:17 pm
Public opinion appears divided on eve of poll over future of PM facing prospect of being indicted in corruption cases.
- Putin proposes Russian missile defence for Saudi after oil attackon 16/09/2019 at 7:13 pm
Russian president says ready to help Saudi Arabia, proposing purchase of S-400 missiles for protection of oil plants.
- Israeli PM again vows to annex 'all' West Bank settlementson 16/09/2019 at 7:07 pm
Benjamin Netanyahu has made a series of election pledges in recent weeks as Israelis head to the polls on Tuesday.
- 600,000 Rohingya in Myanmar face 'serious risk of genocide': UNon 16/09/2019 at 7:02 pm
UN fact-finding mission warns repatriation of a million driven from the country by Myanmar army remains 'impossible'.
- Israel elections: Voters head to polls againon 16/09/2019 at 6:57 pm
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is promising to annex parts of the occupied and divided West Bank city of Hebron.
- Saudi oil attacks: UN Security Council holds back on blaming Iranon 16/09/2019 at 6:52 pm
New US ambassador makes clear that Washington believes the Houthis did not stage the attacks alone.
- Johannesburg violence: Foreign workers targeted by joblesson 16/09/2019 at 6:46 pm
Mobs have taken their frustrations out on the streets, often targeting businesses owned by other Africans as well as Asians.
- Zimbabwe: Doctors protest against abduction of their union leaderon 16/09/2019 at 5:57 pm
They are in the same position as most Zimbabweans, struggling to survive soaring inflation and shortages of food and other essentials.
- UK Supreme Court braces for greatest constitutional challenge yeton 16/09/2019 at 5:57 pm
Court to hear arguments on Tuesday on whether PM Boris Johnson 'acted unlawfully' when he prorogued Parliament.
- Jordan teachers strike, one million pupils stay homeon 16/09/2019 at 5:52 pm
More public school teachers are becoming drivers, waiters or taking other second jobs to keep afloat, even though it is illegal to do so.
- Migrant 'torturers' in Libya arrested in Italyon 16/09/2019 at 5:21 pm
Three men detained after migrants identified them in Italy as perpetrators of abuse at a camp in Libya.
- Democratic presidential hopefuls call for Kavanaugh's impeachmenton 16/09/2019 at 4:42 pm
The calls come after a report involving new sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
- Saudi attacks: World leaders urge restrainton 16/09/2019 at 4:31 pm
Donald Trump warned Iran that the US is 'locked and loaded' to respond to the attacks on Abqaiq oil facilities but other countries are urging caution.
- Iran says it seized a new vessel for diesel smugglingon 16/09/2019 at 3:55 pm
Iran's fuel is among the world's cheapest because of heavy subsidies and the sharp depreciation of its currency.
- Trump's 'maximum pressure' strategy on Iran did not failon 16/09/2019 at 3:41 pm
Despite Bolton's departure and Tehran's recent aggressions, Trump's bold Iran strategy still has a chance to succeed.
- Trump questions Iran's denial of blame over Saudi attackson 16/09/2019 at 3:39 pm
US president's comments come after he said the US was 'locked and loaded' to retaliate over the attacks.
- Kashmir under lockdown: All the latest updateson 16/09/2019 at 3:38 pm
Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai had asked world leaders to help Kashmiri children 'go safely back to school'.
- UN envoy for Yemen holds briefingon 16/09/2019 at 3:31 pm
Special envoy Martin Griffiths discusses the conflict in the wake of Houthi-claimed attack on Saudi Arabian oil assets.