- Japan tourism plan in doubt as coronavirus surges: Live updateson 16/07/2020 at 3:01 am
Tokyo expects to confirm at least 280 cases on Thursday, the highest since the outbreak began.
- New French PM says battle against 'radical Islamism' a priorityon 16/07/2020 at 12:19 am
Castex said a law to combat 'separatism' will be introduced after summer, but critics say Muslims will be targeted.
- Wave of high-profile Twitter accounts hacked in bitcoin scamon 16/07/2020 at 12:12 am
Twitter limits certain account functionalities as it battles what analysts say could be worst-ever social media hack.
- Deaths of migrant children in US custody could have been avertedon 15/07/2020 at 11:18 pm
Guatemalan migrants Felipe Gomez Alonzo, 8, and Jakelin Caal, 7, died in 2018 after being detained by US border patrol.
- US Senate committee to vote on bill banning TikTokon 15/07/2020 at 11:13 pm
The bill would ban federal employees from using the social media app TikTok on government-issued devices.
- Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus again: Live updateson 15/07/2020 at 9:59 pm
The Brazilian leader yet to recover from COVID-19 as he tests positive for the second time
- 'I'm not a bad guy': Police video captures distraught Floydon 15/07/2020 at 9:43 pm
The video captures an apparent lack of urgency to render aid to Floyd for long minutes after he stopped moving.
- US officials level terror charges against MS-13 gang leaderon 15/07/2020 at 8:58 pm
Indictment marks the first time officials have brought terrorism charges against a member of the notorious gang.
- NY police injured in clash with protesters on Brooklyn Bridgeon 15/07/2020 at 8:57 pm
At least four officers were hurt including the chief of department, and 37 people were arrested after fight.
- IPI condemns online smear campaign against Al Jazeera journalistson 15/07/2020 at 8:42 pm
The smear campaign - which had 25,000 tweets in just 24 hours - was led by numerous high-profile Saudi Twitter accounts.
- Qatar Airways threatens to sue over 'illegal' Gulf blockadeon 15/07/2020 at 8:16 pm
Siege designed to choke Qatar has only pushed the country closer to Iran and Turkey and away from the GCC, analysts say.
- Tunisia risks fresh political deadlock as PM Fakhfakh resignson 15/07/2020 at 8:15 pm
Fakhfakh resigned after dispute with Ennahdha party that had withdrawn its support for government earlier in the day.
- Could Qatar planes resume flights over blockading Arab states?on 15/07/2020 at 7:21 pm
Highest court at UN rejected blockading nations' appeal to prevent mediation by world's civil aviation organisation.
- British aid worker in Syria released on bail after HTS abductionon 15/07/2020 at 7:19 pm
Armed group Hay'et Tahrir al-Sham that detained Tauqir Sharif last month says aid worker to appear in court in 15 days.
- Iranians take social media by storm to halt executionson 15/07/2020 at 7:17 pm
'Unprecedented' online reaction against Supreme Court's decision to uphold the death penalty for three young protesters.
- Ethiopia begins filling Grand Renaissance dam on Blue Nileon 15/07/2020 at 6:28 pm
Move comes as latest round of talks between Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia on the contentious dam ended with no agreement.
- Trump administration takes control of COVID-19 data in USon 15/07/2020 at 6:18 pm
Concerns raised as hospital, testing info will be sent to a central database in Washington, DC, instead of to the CDC.
- George Floyd family files lawsuit against Minneapolis, officerson 15/07/2020 at 6:15 pm
Lawyers seek an amount to be determined by a jury, hope it will be so costly as to stop future killings by police.
- Florida virus deaths surge, vaccine research moves forwardon 15/07/2020 at 5:51 pm
Florida surpassed 300,000 total positive cases and 4,521 according to the latest tally.
- Tanker sought by US over Iran sanctions was 'hijacked'on 15/07/2020 at 5:43 pm
Satellite photos showed Dominica-flagged vessel in Iranian waters on Tuesday.