- Georgia Republicans enact sweeping bill to restrict votingon 25/03/2021 at 10:41 pm
Bill targets surge in absentee voting by Democrats in the state Joe Biden won in the 2020 presidential election.
- At least 3 dead after large tornadoes cause damage across Alabamaon 25/03/2021 at 9:23 pm
Severe weather continues Thursday as authorities survey damage in small towns around Alabama.
- Ethiopia’s Tigray: Men forced to rape family members, UN reportson 25/03/2021 at 8:01 pm
At least 516 rape cases reported by five medical facilities in Mekelle, Adigrat, Wukro, Shire and Axum, UN says.
- Thousands of Venezuelans flee to Colombia amid violence on borderon 25/03/2021 at 7:18 pm
Venezuela's military says it is fighting Colombian armed groups, Colombia says people 'forcibly displaced'.
- SPAC slump: ‘Blank check’ stocks dip on reports of SEC inquiryon 25/03/2021 at 7:15 pm
The reason SPACs are known as 'blank check' firms is that they generally don’t have a merger target when they're formed.
- US, UK slap sanctions on firms controlled by Myanmar’s militaryon 25/03/2021 at 6:56 pm
Thursday's sanctions were the most significant yet against the wide-ranging business interests of Myanmar's military.
- Bitcoin selloff takes a bite out of cryptocurrency’s biggest fundon 25/03/2021 at 6:31 pm
The $29.4 billion Grayscale Bitcoin Trust dropped about 20% so far this week as the retail-driven crypto craze cools.
- ‘Beached whale’ ship could block Suez Canal for weekson 25/03/2021 at 6:12 pm
The 400-metre-long ship is blocking transit in both directions through one of the world's busiest shipping channels.
- India delays jab supplies to UN-backed vaccine programmeon 25/03/2021 at 5:39 pm
The move is a blow to global vaccine distribution as India's Serum Institute is the biggest supplier of shots to COVAX.
- Can Lula da Silva be president of Brazil again?on 25/03/2021 at 5:32 pm
A top court rules the judge who convicted Lula da Silva in a corruption case was 'biased'.
- UN, Ethiopia rights agency to conduct joint Tigray probeon 25/03/2021 at 5:08 pm
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission, UN say investigation is part of the 'much-needed accountability process'.
- Mozambique military launches offensive after ISIL attackon 25/03/2021 at 4:54 pm
Rebels invaded the town of Palma, the hub of a giant gas project, as violence continues in the troubled region.
- Get in boats & go: Powell likens Fed’s COVID response to Dunkirkon 25/03/2021 at 4:37 pm
'It was time to get in the boats and protect the people, not check the inspection records,' the Fed's Chairman said.
- Is liftoff of Cathie Wood’s new ARK Space ETF imminent?on 25/03/2021 at 4:31 pm
Ark Investment Management's new space ETF could debut as soon as the start of next week, based on regulatory filings.
- Libya demands mercenary pullout; Syrian militia on its wayon 25/03/2021 at 4:22 pm
Libyan Foreign Minister Najla al-Mangoush calls for 'immediate' departure of all foreign fighters from Libya.
- Advocates call on US to use vaccine patent to boost global accesson 25/03/2021 at 4:13 pm
A government patent on tech used in mRNA COVID vaccines could be tool to boost production, academics and activists say.
- India’s massive coal mines auction sends mixed climate signalson 25/03/2021 at 4:07 pm
The world's third-biggest emitter of greenhouse gases will put 67 coal mines up for auction at once.
- What Joe Biden said in his first presidential press conferenceon 25/03/2021 at 3:59 pm
The US president takes questions from reporters on issues including migration, China, COVID vaccines and voting rights.
- NFT ‘self-portrait’ by Sophia the Robot sells for nearly $700,000on 25/03/2021 at 3:51 pm
'I'm so excited about people's response to new technologies like robotics,' Sophia told Reuters news agency.
- US weekly jobless claims fall to pandemic-era lowon 25/03/2021 at 3:48 pm
The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits fell sharply last week to 684,00 from 781,000 the week before.