- Lebanon: Anti-government protests turn violent in Beiruton 18/01/2020 at 6:22 pm
Police use tear gas, water cannon to disperse protesters in Beirut who tried to reach Parliament square.
- Syria's protesters: 'Talks of ceasefires turn out to be lies'on 18/01/2020 at 5:39 pm
Frustration is growing in Syria after a ceasefire agreement was violated, killing 21 people in rebel-held province of Idlib.
- Pro-Haftar forces 'block oil exports' from key Libya portson 18/01/2020 at 4:56 pm
Groups loyal to Khalifa Haftar, whose forces control eastern Libya, seized several large oil export terminals on Friday.
- Turkey, Russia and the Libyan conundrumon 18/01/2020 at 4:11 pm
Shifting dynamics on the ground in Libya have established Turkey and Russia as the main power-brokers in the conflict.
- Cambridge Analytica and the end of electionson 18/01/2020 at 4:10 pm
The latest Cambridge Analytica leaks show just how compromised voting - one of the pillars of democracy - has become.
- Iran agrees to send flight recorder of shot down plane to Ukraineon 18/01/2020 at 3:35 pm
Iranian official said 'expertise of France, Canada and America' will be used to read flight data in Kyiv.
- Somalia: Turkish workers wounded in deadly al-Shabab car bombingon 18/01/2020 at 3:19 pm
Four killed in blast claimed by al-Shabab that apparently targeted Turkish engineers working on a road near Mogadishu.
- Afghan government demands complete ceasefire with Talibanon 18/01/2020 at 2:58 pm
Taliban had reportedly offered 10-day truce and hold follow-up discussions with Afghan government officials.
- Venezuela opposition claims evidence of bribeson 18/01/2020 at 2:51 pm
They say audio recordings reveal $700,000 was offered from officials for them to turn on leader Juan Guaido.
- Hong Kong cancels Chinese New Year celebrationson 18/01/2020 at 2:08 pm
Fearing continued anti-government unrest, authorities have cancelled some main events and banned sale of items with any political messages.
- Severe floods in Australia after devastating bushfireson 18/01/2020 at 2:03 pm
Heavy rain has soaked coastal areas of Queensland and New South Wales over the last few days.
- UN Libya mission 'concerned' over threats to block oil exportson 18/01/2020 at 11:48 am
The call comes after Libya's national oil company warned against attempts to blockade ports ahead of the Berlin summit.
- Over a thousand 'likely' infected by Wuhan virus in China: Studyon 18/01/2020 at 11:17 am
Officials confirm four new cases of the virus, which a London research centre estimates has infected up to 1,723 people.
- All eyes on Berlin as Libya rivals, world powers set for talkson 18/01/2020 at 11:14 am
Representatives from Libya's warring sides, as well as from several nations, due to meet in latest bid to end fighting.
- Reforestation is not necessarily about planting more treeson 18/01/2020 at 11:00 am
A much less costly way to regenerate our forests and decrease carbon levels is to assist nature to do its job.
- Erdogan warns EU may face 'terror threats' if Tripoli gov't fallson 18/01/2020 at 10:55 am
Turkish president urges Europe to support Ankara's moves in Libya, days after he ordered deployment of troops there.
- Simpsons actor Hank Azaria will not voice Apu after controversyon 18/01/2020 at 10:44 am
Actor says he will no longer voice the Indian character, two years after accusations of racism marred animated series.
- Philippines volcano: Evacuees return to collect belongingson 18/01/2020 at 10:39 am
Thousands of evacuees from a town near the Philippines' Taal volcano have been allowed back to briefly visit their homes.
- US shipping out asylum seekers to Guatemalaon 18/01/2020 at 10:33 am
US is sending asylum seekers who arrive at its border to a 'safe third country' to seek refuge.
- Iran: From patriotism to protestson 18/01/2020 at 10:32 am
How the downing of a passenger aircraft flipped the narrative in Iran. Plus, the reporting of race in Portuguese media.