- Australia reports lowest coronavirus cases in three months: Liveon 20/09/2020 at 4:17 am
State of Victoria reported 14 new infections - the lowest since June 19; Brazil and Argentina join vaccine alliance.
- Thai demonstrators challenge monarchy as huge protests escalateon 20/09/2020 at 3:51 am
Protest leaders submit their demands for reforms to police as they announce a major strike in October.
- Iran urges defiance of sanctions as US threatens 'consequences'on 20/09/2020 at 2:39 am
Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif denounces US 'bullying' hours before unilateral US deadline to reimpose sanctions.
- UK risks new lockdown as COVID-19 cases hit peak since May: Liveon 19/09/2020 at 11:27 pm
UK likely to reintroduce coronavirus measures as country records 4,422 new cases, its highest daily total since May 8.
- US Gulf coast braces as Beta set to strengthen into hurricaneon 19/09/2020 at 9:46 pm
The storm comes amid an exceptionally busy hurricane season that scientists say is due, in part, to climate change.
- Trump urges Supreme Court justice appointment 'without delay'on 19/09/2020 at 9:40 pm
After death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Senate Republicans have said they will not wait for election to vote on Trump pick.
- US officials say deadly poison sent to White House: Reportson 19/09/2020 at 8:56 pm
An envelope containing ricin poison was sent to the White House, US media outlets reported, citing law enforcement.
- Libya's NOC lifts force majeure on oil in ports without fighterson 19/09/2020 at 8:36 pm
Move by the National Oil Corporation comes after eastern-based forces announced lifting of eight-month blockade.
- Former Canada PM Turner, in office for just 11 weeks, dieson 19/09/2020 at 8:28 pm
John Turner, Canada's 17th prime minister who held the office for just 79 days in 1984, died on Saturday aged 91.
- Trump bans TikTok over security concernson 19/09/2020 at 8:11 pm
More than 100 million Americans will not be able to download two of the world's most popular apps from Sunday.
- Gareth Bale rejoins Tottenham on loan from Real Madridon 19/09/2020 at 8:05 pm
Wales forward seals return to Spurs on a season-long loan deal on a seismic day for the Premier League football club.
- Afghanistan: Dozens of Taliban men killed in air strikes on baseon 19/09/2020 at 7:42 pm
More than 40 Taliban fighters killed in air raids, defence ministry officials say, without confirming civilian deaths.
- 'She set an example for us': Crowd honours RBG at Supreme Courton 19/09/2020 at 7:24 pm
Mourners continue to pay tribute outside the US Supreme Court to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died on Friday.
- Belarus police detain hundreds at women's proteston 19/09/2020 at 7:20 pm
Approximately 2,000 women took part in the latest protests to demand an end to President Alexander Lukashenko's rule.
- Iranian tenants increasingly pushed to the brink as prices soaron 19/09/2020 at 6:09 pm
In an economy squeezed by US sanctions and COVID-19, government support goes only so far for pressured tenants.
- Iranian commander vows to avenge US assassination of top generalon 19/09/2020 at 4:15 pm
Qassem Soleimani, widely believed to be the second most powerful man in Iran, was killed in a US drone strike in Iraq.
- Thailand pro-democracy movement gains momentumon 19/09/2020 at 4:14 pm
The largest protest to date calls for a change of government, new elections and monarchy reform.
- Neoliberal obesity and coronavirus in Mexicoon 19/09/2020 at 3:56 pm
American capital brought high rates of chronic disease to Mexico which has led to a surging COVID-19 death toll.
- UAE gets American drones as China ramps up saleson 19/09/2020 at 3:47 pm
In only a few years, China has been able to research, produce and refine its armed unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Trump bid to replace Ginsburg sparks fierce political fighton 19/09/2020 at 3:11 pm
After blocking Obama nominee in 2016, Republican leader signals there will be vote on any candidate Trump puts forward.