- US defence chief orders military to better protect civilianson 27/01/2022 at 10:42 pm
Lloyd Austin's memo comes amid condemnation of US drone attacks that killed civilians in Middle East, Afghanistan.
- Wall Street’s volatility streak continues as stocks close loweron 27/01/2022 at 10:20 pm
Investors are juggling upbeat economic news with mixed corporate earnings, geopolitical unrest and a hawkish US Fed.
- Apple smashes earnings estimates with record saleson 27/01/2022 at 10:02 pm
The company's overall fiscal first-quarter revenue was $123.9bn, higher than analysts' average estimate of $118.7bn.
- Anti-vaccine Canada truckers praised by Tesla’s Muskon 27/01/2022 at 9:49 pm
Hundreds of truck drivers, converging on Ottawa from several directions, are due to arrive on Friday.
- Four more bodies found off Florida coast where boat capsizedon 27/01/2022 at 9:06 pm
US Coast Guard says it plans to call off search for more survivors after boat carrying 39 people capsized on Sunday.
- Can Europe be weaned off Russian gas?on 27/01/2022 at 8:45 pm
European leaders are concerned Moscow may cut gas supplies if Ukraine tensions worsen.
- Some women allowed into stadium as Iran secures World Cup spoton 27/01/2022 at 8:37 pm
Officials allocate 2,000 tickets for women spectators as Iran defeats Iraq 1-0 in Tehran to secure place in Qatar.
- How will US respond to 9/11 victims seeking frozen Afghan funds?on 27/01/2022 at 8:30 pm
Biden administration faces looming deadline to give position on matter regarding $7bn held at New York Federal Reserve.
- US requests UN Security Council meeting to discuss Ukraine crisison 27/01/2022 at 8:04 pm
US rejection of top Russian security demands leaves little room for optimism, says Russia's FM Sergey Lavrov.
- Calls grow to repatriate ISIL child detainees after jail clasheson 27/01/2022 at 8:02 pm
After deadly ISIL jailbreak in northeast Syria, rights groups warn that children detainees should be repatriated.
- US man cleared of murder conviction after 37 years in prisonon 27/01/2022 at 7:48 pm
Police used perjured evidence to convict Willie Stokes, who is suing Philadelphia for 'outrageous police misconduct'.
- Denmark pulls troops from Mali as military gov’t swipes at Franceon 27/01/2022 at 7:45 pm
Decision comes amid tensions after countries sanctioned Mali for failing to organise elections following two coups.
- Dozens dead from Tropical Storm Ana in southern Africaon 27/01/2022 at 7:13 pm
At least 70 killed in storm that struck Madagascar, Mozambique and Malawi as authorities scramble to repair damages.
- Peru seeks travel ban for oil company execs amid spill probeon 27/01/2022 at 6:59 pm
Prosecutors want to bar Repsol SA local refinery executives from leaving Peru as probe into enormous oil leak continues.
- Amazon illegally threatened staff, union board allegeson 27/01/2022 at 6:34 pm
The complaint seeks remedies including requiring management to read a notice to employees about their rights.
- Honduras swears in Xiomara Castro as first female presidenton 27/01/2022 at 6:23 pm
Castro takes office amid myriad challenges, including an ongoing dispute about who will lead the newly elected Congress.
- US warns of ‘missile or drone attacks’ in UAE travel advisoryon 27/01/2022 at 6:05 pm
Emirati official says UAE remains one of the safest countries, pledging that Houthi attacks will not be 'new normal'.
- US Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer announces retirementon 27/01/2022 at 5:36 pm
President Joe Biden has pledged to nominate a Black woman to the US high court now dominated by conservatives.
- India’s Modi, Central Asian leaders pledge closer economic tieson 27/01/2022 at 5:13 pm
A declaration after Thursday's summit said the nations reached regional consensus on the issues related to Afghanistan.
- Out of Africaon 27/01/2022 at 4:41 pm
The fight to return looted colonial-era artefacts from Europe's museums back to Africa.