Highlights of Morocco – An experience for all five senses
The land of breathtaking Islamic architecture and maze-like souks awaits! This guided adventure takes you through authentic villages, important historic and religious sights, and some of the country’s most iconic cities – you’ll even visit the most famous local film studios!
- Round-trip economy class air to Casablanca (CMN)
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Accommodations in hotels listed, or similar:
- 1 night in Casablanca at Idou Anfa
- 2 nights in Fez at Menzeh Fez
- 2 nights in Erfoud at Kasbah Tizimi
- 1 night in Ouarzazate at Ibis Moussafir
- 2 nights in Marrakesh at Zalagh Kasbah & Spa
- 1 night in Casablanca at Novotel
- Buffet Breakfast daily
- 6 Dinners
- Guided sightseeing as described in itinerary, including:
- Tour of Kasbah de Taourirt
- A Guided tour in Marrakesh including a visit to Jemaa-el-fna- square and bazaar
- A visit to Bahia Palace and Saadian Tombs in Marrakesh
- Sightseeing Tour of Rabat
- Sightseeing Tour of Meknes
- Services of a Professional Travel Director
- Transportation by private first-class air-conditioned motorcoach (with complimentary Wi-Fi)
- Hotel tips, taxes, porterage and service charges
Great Ways to Explore
- Indulge in the exotic flavors of Morocco, from tagine to couscous, alongside a cup of fresh mint tea.
- Pose with a monkey or two in Marrakesh’ famous square.
- Pick up the perfect souvenir at one of Fez’ many souks.
- Pay a visit to the film studios of Ouarzazate, where blockbuster hits such as Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia were filmed.
- Enjoy views of the changing terrain from the comfort of a luxury motorcoach; you’ll pass by cedar forests, volcanic mountains, wind-swept plains and more!
This is an escorted tour. It’s perfect if you prefer not to do your own driving and want to see as many sights as you can during your vacation.
Imagine yourself in Morocco, where the buildings are molded in shapes you’ve only seen in dreams, and markets are overflowing with fresh foods slathered in spices and fabrics in the most vibrant of colors.
You’ll start and end your adventure in the iconic city of Casablanca, where its days inspired by French glamour can still be felt. Throughout your journey you’ll visit historical sights, religious grounds, vibrant cities, and maze-like souks where one can spend the whole day getting lost in the beauty and size.
Enjoy guided tours, both on foot and by car, and luxurious transportation from destination to destination, so you can look out the window and soak in that stunning North-African terrain.
Day 1. Welcome to Casablanca!
Arrive in Casablanca Airport (CMN) and enjoy a transfer to your accommodation. Later today you’ll meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.
Transfer from Casablanca airport (CMN) to hotel!
Day 2. Casablanca – Rabat – Meknes – Fez
Enjoy a short ride along the coast to Rabat, once a lair of the corsairs and now the country’s capital. Enjoy a tour through Rabat, before continuing onto Meknes for another guided sightseeing adventure. You’ll then travel east towards Fez, Morocco’s most enchanting city.
Sightseeing tour of Rabat
Day 3. Fez
Enjoy a day at leisure in ancient Fez, which occupies a position of outstanding scenic beauty. Visit the exotic ancient Medina, a maze of narrow, bustling streets and alleys that are home to colorful souks – the perfect place to pick up a souvenir or perhaps tagine pot for yourself.
Day 4. Fez – Ifrane – Erfoud
Travel today into the very heart of Morocco. Stop in the quiet, French-built alpine mountain resort of Ifrane. Verdant cedar forests give way to volcanic mountains and wind-swept plains as you motor across the Middle Atlas range.
You’ll pass fortified mud-and-straw villages and descend into the spectacular Ziz Gorges. Experience diverse landscapes as you make your way by car through a stony desert before approaching Erfoud, where you’ll encounter the peaceful oasis of the Ziz Valley.
Day 5. Erfoud
Today, enjoy an excursion to Rissani to see the Mausoleum of Moulay Ali Sharf, the first ruler of the Alaouite Dynasty!
Day 6. Erfoud – The Road of a Thousand Kasbahs – Ouarzazate
Enjoy the drive through the eastern slopes of the Atlas Mountains and arrive at the Tinerhir oasis with its green valley of palms and local villages. You’ll then continue on to the impressive Todra Gorge, then along the Dades Valley to the film capital of Morocco, Ouarzazate.
Day 7. Ouarzazate – Aït Benhaddou – Tizi-n-Tichka Pass – Marrakesh
In the morning, enjoy a drive around Ouarzazate, famous for its film studios, before stopping and paying a visit to the Kasbah de Taourirt. You’ll then continue to Aït Benhaddou, a kasbah famous for being used as a film location for films such as Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator.
You’ll pass through picturesque villages surrounded by craggy mountains as you make your way towards the 7,414 foot-high Tizi-n-Tichka Pass, the heart of the High Atlas Mountains. Each new twist in the road leads to a different, more dramatic landscape.
Leaving the pass behind, the landscape gradually changes to a tapestry of red ochre. Enter the gates of the red-colored imperial city of Marrakesh, one of the most fascinating Moroccan cities.
Kasbah de Taourirt
Explore the magnificent Kasbah de Taourirt, whose beauty is amplified by its Sahara Desert and mountain backdrop. The Kasbah was built in the early 19th century and used as a base for the powerful el Glaoui tribe, who controlled the caravan route through the region. Formerly considered the largest Kasbah in Morocco, it is certainly still one of the most beautiful.
Inside the Kasbahs you’ll find sun-kissed buildings, multi-level towers, as well as turrets and alleys waiting to be explored.
Day 8. Marrakesh
Enjoy a sightseeing tour with a local guide today!
Guided Tour of Marrakesh
Your tour stars with an orientation drive through the city, then you will hop out and explore some of the most famous sights. You’ll walk from the ancient quarters over to the fascinating Jemaa-el-fna Square, where you can experience its exotic bazaar.
You’ll then continue along to the Bahia Palace, and finally the Saadian Tombs, where you’ll really feel as if you’ve stopped the march of time.
Day 9. Marrakesh – Casablanca
Leave Morocco’s magical city of Marrakesh for the journey back to Casablanca. In the afternoon, embark on a tour of Casablanca, where you can see the sights in the company of a local guide.
Day 10. Depart Morocco
After one final breakfast in Morocco, be transported to the airport for your flight home.