Sample Door Installations.
Enjoy the Convenience & Flexibility of a Pet Door
Pet doors can be installed almost anywhere in your home. Whether you want to let your dog out to play in the yard, give your cat access to the litter box in the laundry room, or let some pets out and keep other pets in, pet doors make life easier for you and your pet.
- Stop planning schedules around potty breaks
- No more scratching and whining at the door
- Clean up fewer “accidents”
- Give your pet outdoor independance & exercise
- Control their access to certain areas
Measuring Your Pet
Most pet doors fit small and large dogs and cats. Cat doors are designed for cats but can fit some small dogs. Extra large door flaps might be too heavy for cats or small dogs to push open. Measure each pet who will use the door and check the weight and height recommendations for each pet door.
Pet doors install in minutes and give you years of independance and convenience. Installing a pet door is easy with a little do-it-yourself knowledge.
- Trace the pet door outline using the template
- Remove the door from its hinges
- Cut the hole in the door
- Install the pet door frame and flap
Tools you might need: Hammer, Jigsaw, Drill, Drill bits, Wire cutters, Screwdriver, Tape measure, Tape, Pencil, Level, Scissors
Interior & Exterior Installation Options
Before purchasing a pet door, you should consider where you will install it. Some pet doors are meant to be installed in walls or doors of a specific thickness. Many of our pet doors can be installed in a standard door or a wall. You might need to purchase an extension tunnel for installing in walls and doors thicker than 2 inches.
Measure the thickness of the wall or door you will install the pet door in and check the pet door’s recommendations to be sure they are compatible. If your wall/door is too thin, the pet door might stick out or it might not fit right. If the door/wall is too thick, you might be able to see the inner part of your door, the part you cut out to fit in the pet door. You can purchase a tunnel or inner stripping to hide this.
Choose Which Pets Can Come & Go
Selective entry electronic pet doors
Our electronic pet doors give you the option of keeping some pets in and letting other pets out. The selective entry doors recognize each pet’s special collar key, which also helps prevent other animals from coming into your house. Learn more about electronic doors.
- Give your cat access to the litterbox while keeping the dog out
- Keep your cat in and let your dog out
- Let your pets out during the day and keep them in at night
- Prevent strays or other animals from entering
What’s in the Box
Included with each pet door:
- Installation guide
- Cutting template
- Door frame with flap(s)
- Closing panel
- Other necessary parts (bolts, screws, washers, nuts, etc.)
(Note: Some doors will come with additional parts, such as weather stripping, adhesive, etc.)